A distorted picture of Thailand

Brunolem

28 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

You are probably correct. The point I was making, or trying to make about distortions posted on TVF was in a previous post -83.

Ok, understood. Regarding my thoughts on this forum I think it's pretty good and I'm grateful for it. I've started a few threads here and there and I've had a lot of useful responses. Threads from a few years ago have also appeared in my Google searches which have helped me with some random queries I have had. Yes there is some bickering but there's also some good humour on here too, so I don't think it's all doom and gloom. So does it distort the picture of Thailand? Probably not that much. It helps people become aware of possible issues.

Edited by alien365
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Ain't got a choice now, I am not leaving my wife, her family and property. I will just do what I have done all my life, and try and work my way round anyones rules that I do not agree with, it has not done me any harm in my life so far.

So, another words you got no place else to go. Nothing wrong with that, unwise to put all your eggs in one basket..

On 8/11/2019 at 4:29 PM, madmen said:

Positive news is bashed even harder

hahaha  ain't it the truth.   Today I got bashed for saying that flossing has been good for my teeth. 

ahhhh   c'est la vie .    its all in a day on TV

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Forgot the other option,

99% of TV members were banned several times then reincarnated (sort of like cats).

But TV counts banned members as members to boost their membership stats.

I resemble that remark, 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThaiFelix said:

owever what does bug me are those who come on here and rewrite their own history.  There are some on here who I know, or have known personally, who write these wonderful and oh so positive stories of success about themselves but in real life are the exact opposite.  They are blatant liars who have failed at everything they have done and have only got by through leeching off others.  The biggest problem is they are so caught up in their own bull they start giving false advice to others which, if not dangerous, may at least lead to a total waste of peoples time, energy, or finances. 

Face book is the same. Everyone saying how amazing their life is,amazing partner, amazing children, amazing career. But I know these people and its all BS. A few exes would spend a "comfort"  night with me when they we're fighting with hubby and a week later would be back on FB with amazing family story's lol

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 1:28 PM, NCC1701A said:

this is true on all forums. people don't start topics like "my day was perfect" or "i had a great time today." 

when people have a bad experience they want to share it with others, to vent or just talk to others with the same experience.

i just got back from Pattaya. i had a great time. like a unbelievably good time.

but don't worry someone will be along to tell me I got AIDS. 

Have you?  Just curious!!

On 8/11/2019 at 9:30 AM, Pilotman said:

or the relative merits of Vegemite and Marmite. 

Marmite has no merits and vegie is the stuff or legends in a lunch box!Sorry my reply is definitely a flame post and should be soon removed it's also off topic.  

Edited by FarFlungFalang
Correction
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/10/2019 at 6:51 PM, Farangwithaplan said:

TV poster 1: Did you hear that NCC1701a contracted AIDS last week in Pattaya?

TV poster 2: Are you sure that is the case?

TV poster 1: I'm HIV positive of it.

I have a close relative who's HIV positive and I don't think that making jokes about such a disease is a great idea. 

2 hours ago, alien365 said:

Surely there are four, dtii, Chau, Bai mong and toomb. I'm not very good at Thai but I've always thought the time was easy. Now if I could only hear the difference between yee-sip and see-sip. At least in the north they say sau baht to make it easier.

Sau is actually Issan or Lao language... 

always has been police state, or quasi militarised at any second

just things are a little more scary when an immigration dept in country suddenly decides to attempt to take parts of its job properly, thousands of pieces of paper daily, I suspect some cash incentive has been offered on the report every time you change adress 

otherwise you have thousands of admin officers doing a job with no prospects until the one above snuffs it or someone in the chain above snuffs it

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You chose to live in Thailand. With that you chose to accept the laws of Thailand. 

I am going to make a point right now that I will not get involved in any debates with any Thaivisa member who thinks it is OK for it to be compulsary for anyone to have to do 90 day reporting, or anything to do with TM 28s or 30s.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You chose to live in Thailand. With that you chose to accept the laws of Thailand. 

I do not chose to obey the laws of either Thailand or the UK where I was born, and I have to live somewhere, if I think a law is wrong and I do not agree with it, then I will try and find a way around it.

I have lived this way all my life, and I am still here,  with no criminal record anywhere.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

I do not chose to obey the laws of either Thailand or the UK where I was born, and I have to live somewhere, if I think a law is wrong and I do not agree with it, then I will try and find a way around it.

I have lived this way all my life, and I am still here,  with no criminal record anywhere.

Great, just ignore reporting every 90 days and all the other laws which you don't like. And make sure you complain about them at every opportunity.

I guess if you do this often enough and loud enough then soon you don't have to worry about Thai laws anymore.

Enjoy your life!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Great, just ignore reporting every 90 days and all the other laws which you don't like. And make sure you complain about them at every opportunity.

I guess if you do this often enough and loud enough then soon you don't have to worry about Thai laws anymore.

Enjoy your life!

Bye Bye.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

My 90 day reporting is done online and takes me -maybe 2 minutes - then later I go and download the receipt. Then I take my dejected downtrodden Falang mistreated body and soul down to the infinity pool for a dip and cry and cry about the persecution I suffer.

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2019 at 8:24 PM, FarFlungFalang said:

Marmite has no merits and vegie is the stuff or legends in a lunch box!Sorry my reply is definitely a flame post and should be soon removed it's also off topic.  

It survived 

On 8/13/2019 at 11:41 AM, WalkingOrders said:

My 90 day reporting is done online and takes me -maybe 2 minutes - then later I go and download the receipt. Then I take my dejected downtrodden Falang mistreated body and soul down to the infinity pool for a dip and cry and cry about the persecution I suffer.

I don't cry and cry about anything, I just live my life in a fairminded way regarding myself and other people. There will never be any ass licking from me towards any authority.

• Like 1