How much alcohol do you drink in a month?

3 minutes ago, madmen said:

That's just not true. Good for you if you open a 3000 baht bottle to go with your pad Thai.. sorry my mistake lobster no doubt .

3,000??

Try 40,000 baht per bottle buddy!

I don't do wine often but when I do I have no problems dropping 1,000 dollars + on a bottle.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Emmess said:

Oban, Glenfiddich, Lagavulin, Talisker, Balvenie, Singleton, Glenlivet and many more. You will need to explore around and see what are your favorites. Depends on your taste buds and your budget. Most of them come with different versions like 8 YO, 12 YO, 15 YO.

Thanks. Which is your favourite of the above? My Signet is near empty and I was thinking of trying something different.

3 minutes ago, madmen said:

That's just not true. Good for you if you open a 3000 baht bottle to go with your pad Thai.. sorry my mistake lobster no doubt .

What's one got to do with other? Sometimes I feel like having road side food. Does not mean I won't carry my single malt with me. At the same time I might order a beer while having lobsters in a fancy restaurant. How are they co-related? Diversity is fun. At least for me. Also to be truthful I do not know anything about wines.

Used to drink like a fish when I was in the Australian Navy but after doing 2 six month stints in Vietnam during the war and getting my discharge papers I married and moved between Sydney and Newcastle which was an area where a lot of things were community based like the NSW Bushfire Brigade and I still enjoyed a good drinking session until after a short period of time of being called out to vehicle accidents and having the pleasure of removing the dead adults and children from the cars while the other driver stands back and watches while he is stone rotten drunk it changes you attitude towards drinking and I stopped very quickly thinking that my drinking could cause the deaths of innocent families. Have not had a drink since 1971.

15 minutes ago, alien365 said:

Thanks. Which is your favourite of the above? My Signet is near empty and I was thinking of trying something different.

Oban is good, but I think I bought the last bottles from wishbeer so they are currently out of stock. For convenience sake you can go for Glenfiddich available freely at all the major supermarkets and reasonable. Both in price and taste. Talisker quite good and easily available. Of course there are better ones like Balvenie 12, 17 and 30. But they are real steep in price, so to be had only rarely and on special occasions by me. You may be able to have them regularly, I don't know......

4 minutes ago, Emmess said:

What's one got to do with other? Sometimes I feel like having road side food. Does not mean I won't carry my single malt with me. At the same time I might order a beer while having lobsters in a fancy restaurant. How are they co-related? Diversity is fun. At least for me. Also to be truthful I do not know anything about wines.

Ive been to many wedding's and catered parties and can not remeber the vintage  and name of wine they served. Good for you to make notes on an obscure Australian wine that tasted like vinegar . We both know that's not true but...yawn

11 minutes ago, Emmess said:

Oban is good, but I think I bought the last bottles from wishbeer so they are currently out of stock. For convenience sake you can go for Glenfiddich available freely at all the major supermarkets and reasonable. Both in price and taste. Talisker quite good and easily available. Of course there are better ones like Balvenie 12, 17 and 30. But they are real steep in price, so to be had only rarely and on special occasions by me. You may be able to have them as your regularly, I don't know......

I'll ask my friend to bring a bottle of Oban over then next month. I don't drink whisky very often but I like to have a good bottle in the house for when I have a craving. Whisky is the only drink I'm happy to spend good money on but at the moment I'd be happy to save a couple of thousand baht.

Back to the OP's question, normally I'll have a couple of gin and sodas, then a bottle of Tiger, maybe two per night. I've recently cut back on the beer though to avoid a beer belly. A single of nice whisky once or twice a week on top goes down a treat. Smelling the whisky is almost as good as drinking it.

On 8/11/2019 at 10:17 AM, thaiguzzi said:

Jeez.

Remind me not to invite any of you lot out to party....

Put me on your invite list mate , i like a good knees up mother brown...

13 hours ago, Baht Simpson said:

I drink beer only these days and stick to the imported stuff, apart from once a week when I'll share a couple of bottles of Leo with the locals. 

I keep a record of my weekly intake and am averaging 10.29 units this year, more than acceptable.

A spreadsheet helps me keep within my limits.  I rarely over-indulge: only on Songkran and my birthday this year. ????

I love trying out craft beers but it's not always easy, socializing mainly with the Chang/Leo crowd. Occasional expensive imported beers are a good way to keep the units down.

Cature.JPG

lol

Now in Belgium only 2 big [emoji481] only the saterday visit my father in older home

But 15 years I don't drinking beer or alcohol was promised to my wife ...then 2018 August I visited my friend living in mahasarakhan and there I drinking beer.

And if one day I hope living in Thailand then 2big leo every day...sanouk drinking Leo-300x200.jpg.493785c86ca756d963ba136a9201b0fc.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ASUS_X00QD met Tapatalk

I go out for beers once or twice a week, when I do go for beers I tend to stay out for 4 to 6 hours so I generally make an evening of it.

Exception being if I'm just going for a meal where I'll have one or two then go home.

12 hours ago, Emmess said:

Oban, Glenfiddich, Lagavulin, Talisker, Balvenie, Singleton, Glenlivet and many more. You will need to explore around and see what are your favorites. Depends on your taste buds and your budget. Most of them come with different versions like 8 YO, 12 YO, 15 YO.

more than 10 years ago i got a bottle of Lagavulin as a present. had one drink that tasted like battery acid. didn't touch that bottle again. will wait another 10 years maybe taste will improve. :unsure:

On 8/15/2019 at 3:27 PM, Pilotman said:

Enjoy it while your abused liver keeps going mate. 

Hep c also 18 years. Liver scan ok. Bloody bullet proof. And cured. Cheers. My issue is weight. I need to cut down for sure, before I explode. It appears that only the non drinkers bother to comment here, maybe nothing better to do. Bottoms up.

59 minutes ago, Goanna said:

Hep c also 18 years. Liver scan ok. Bloody bullet proof. And cured. Cheers. My issue is weight. I need to cut down for sure, before I explode. It appears that only the non drinkers bother to comment here, maybe nothing better to do. Bottoms up.

its because many of we none drinkers are late converts to no alcohol.   Admittedly, there is nobody more annoying than a zealous convert to a cause. Just look at Vegans for an extreme example of this truth. 

On 8/16/2019 at 8:02 AM, Kentwants2run said:

I don't drink either. Interfers with running... and living, traveling, visiting, having fun...

I have lived, travelled (two Ls) visited people and had immense fun in my short 71 years, well 56 years since I had my first pint, and it has not interfered one jot to my enjoyment of such, bol...ks to the running, you missed out shagging !   LOL

Average 6 bottles a day so about 15 cases a month unless we go out in the evening for a meal.

I love wine but too expensive here so make my own 13% red which is very quaffable ???? 12 litres every other month. 10 cartons of Tipco 100% grapejuice, 1200 gm white sugar 1.5 packets of wine yeast. Any easy process and ready in 34-38 days.

Cheers

Archived