Plácido Domingo accused of sexual harassment

snoop1130

Plácido Domingo accused of sexual harassment

By Angela Giuffrida

5251.jpg

The Spanish tenor Plácido Domingo. Eight singers and a dancer said he harassed them. Photograph: Alba Vigaray/EPA

The opera singer Plácido Domingo has been accused by several women of sexual harassment.

Eight singers and a dancer said they were sexually harassed by the Spanish tenor in incidents that spanned three decades from the late 1980s, Associated Press reported.

The alleged harassment took place at venues including opera companies where the musician held top positions.

Six other women allege that Domingo, who has been married to his second wife, the soprano Marta Ornelas, since 1962, made them feel uncomfortable with his sexual propositions.

Full Story: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/aug/13/placido-domingo-accused-sexual-harassment

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There should be a law

You want the law?

what if the girl only 16 years old?

14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

that women should come out with their accusations within 3 months.

P.S.: If he raped a woman 20 years ago then she should have gone to the police at that time and he should have been prosecuted and possibly jailed at that time. 

Law to protect man do rape? 

And rape child. 

3 month? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

29 minutes ago, Yinn said:

You want the law?

And rape child. 

3 month? 

16 year old is not a child. It's the age of consent in many countries.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I just remember, when I arrived in Thailand 20 years ago I walked (it must have been by accident) in one of those places with chrome poles. One of the women in there sit next to me and grabbed my you-know-what. I was shocked, totally shocked!

I didn't recover from that experience for the last 20 years.

I think recently I saw a picture of her and there was a story that she is rich now.

Where can I go and complain so that I will get at least 20 millions compensation from her. My life was ruined, only because of her!

Me2!

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

made them feel uncomfortable with his sexual propositions

Can't be too long before someone files a complaint that they remember somebody famous once looked at them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

16 year old is not a child. It's the age of consent in many countries.

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

You want the law?

And rape child. 

3 month? 

I talk about rape child. 

Is ok to rape if the age of consent????

• Like 1

It always seems to be the extremely successful wealthy men who get these accusations. Like Plácido Domingo, Geoffrey Rush, Kevin Spacey, Rolf Harris. Has anyone heard of an unemployed laborer who lives in a Salvation Army homeless shelter accused of sexual harassment?

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 3:12 PM, Yinn said:

You want the law?

And rape child. 

3 month? 

16 is legal in some countries.

As usual, women come out decades later to make accusations that can't possibly be proven, but will ruin a man's life.

There should be a law that if they didn't report it at the time, didn't have a medical assessment to provide evidence if accusing of rape, and have no proof, other than "he did it", they can't go public with the name, and the court case is not reported till the accused is found guilty.

• Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:23 PM, snoop1130 said:

Six other women allege that Domingo, who has been married to his second wife, the soprano Marta Ornelas, since 1962, made them feel uncomfortable with his sexual propositions.

Some women have made me feel uncomfortable with their PC attitude. Should I sue them?

Why are people so pathetic now? Have women forgotten how to say no?

What do the accusers want to happen to him? Sexual propositions are not a crime, last I looked.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As usual, women come out decades later to make accusations that can't possibly be proven, but will ruin a man's life.

There should be a law that if they didn't report it at the time, didn't have a medical assessment to provide evidence if accusing of rape, and have no proof, other than "he did it", they can't go public with the name, and the court case is not reported till the accused is found guilty.

If there is no evidence and they still accuse someone and the accused denies it then the accuser should be prosecuted. If i.e. an actor loses a role in a movie because he was wrongly accused then the accuser should pay to him a compensation and a fine. That would be justice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You want to protect the rapist.

i think better to protect the kid.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-state-laws-open-door-to-decades-old-child-sex-abuse-cases/

what if 20 kid say the same thing about same guy?

Epstein? Innocent guy right?

https://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=K45LGL0tfqU&u=/watch%3Fv%3DKmNB0kEoFCc%26feature%3Dshare

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If there is no evidence and they still accuse someone and the accused denies it then the accuser should be prosecuted. If i.e. an actor loses a role in a movie because he was wrongly accused then the accuser should pay to him a compensation and a fine. That would be justice.

So if no evidence they can do it right? 

I not surprise you think that.

I think better to protect the kid, not the rapist.

8 minutes ago, HLover said:

I would damn sure not wait 10 years to report it.

Me same.

But the adult scare the kid, with power, money. Sometime kid embassment.

Catholic Church, Michael Jackson, Orbortor guy, Epstein, monk Etc 

Happen a lot. 

Onemorefarang want to change the rule, because he like 16 year old from the bar. He admit before on the other thred.

I think ok kid to say it later. Why not.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 10:30 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

There should be a law that women should come out with their accusations within 3 months.

Then the accused has a fair chance to remember where he was and what he did.

How should anybody remember the details of what they did 20 or 30 years ago?

Now the Me2 club will probably declare that he is guilty and he has no chance to clear his name.

We live in a crazy world today.

P.S.: If he raped a woman 20 years ago then she should have gone to the police at that time and he should have been prosecuted and possibly jailed at that time. 

You are presupposing that women had the empowerment to feel safe to make a report, and would have been believed, this is without thinking about the power imbalance of women in many instances and fear of retribution.

Men have held power OVER women for so long, and treated them as vassals and chattels, without rights for too long.

Women also have to face having there lives turned upside down in courts, and slut shamed for their past sexual histories in some jurisdictions, while dealing with the trauma they have been subjected to.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

You are presupposing that women had the empowerment to feel safe to make a report, and would have been believed, this is without thinking about the power imbalance of women in many instances and fear of retribution.

Men have held power OVER women for so long, and treated them as vassals and chattels, without rights for too long.

Women also have to face having there lives turned upside down in courts, and slut shamed for their past sexual histories in some jurisdictions, while dealing with the trauma they have been subjected to.

Lets make this short: Were men jailed for rape 30 years ago? Yes.

If the women had evidence 30 years ago they could have used that evidence in a court of law.

What can a man do now if he is accused without any evidence?

If people would still follow the idea that people are presumed to be innocent until proven guilty all this wouldn't be an issue.

But recently it seems for many people and many companies it's enough that people are accused of having done something bad many years ago. And that is how some men lose their reputation and their jobs. It that fair?

And let's not forget that times changed. I.e. when I was in school telling someone he is gay was about the biggest insult anybody would bring up. Very few people at that time would have thought about to protect the (possibly) gay person. That was "normal". I am sure doing the same now would be very different - times changed.

Coming back to rape: As far as I remember a long time ago the word rape was used when a guy forcefully raped a woman and she was screaming and scratching his eyes out. By now some women call it rape when they have 3 times sex with a guy and the 2ndt time they didn't really want it. Julian Assange case is a good example.

Real rapist should rot in jail! But not because of hearsay from 30 years ago.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Lets make this short: Were men jailed for rape 30 years ago? Yes.

If the women had evidence 30 years ago they could have used that evidence in a court of law.

30 year ago police a lot were men. Help each other. Blame the woman.

What can a man do now if he is accused without any evidence?

What if admit? In writing.

What if 20 woman say same thing about one guy?

And let's not forget that times changed.

Yes, now victim have more power. 

As far as I remember a long time ago the word rape was used when a guy forcefully raped a woman and she was screaming and scratching his eyes out.

Often the rapist have the knife, man is stronger. 

Scream and scratch they kill you.

Real rapist should rot in jail! 

Yes. 

What about sex tourist with minor? Same?

obvious why you always defend this.

Posted May 26 Onemorefarang

I think more important than the age difference is the age of the girl/woman when you start the relation.

My gf was 16 when I met her. I was her first boyfriend ever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Rape and sexual harassment has no age constraints, as opposed to consent.

I was responding to this:

"You want the law?

And rape child. 

3 month?"