Triumphant...and So Relieved

Well I have just had a phonecall from my gf to tell me she has been succesful with her application for a tourist visa to visit the UK.

I cannot express how I feel right now other than the fact I am so so happy and relieved. The past few weeks have been very stressful and a huge weight has been lifted from our shoulders.

Thankyou firstly to the British Embassy for issuing my gf with the visa and also to the interviewer who definately got out off the right side of bed this morning.

Secondly, thanks to all of those that have given advice and support to us in our application through this site....markr, GU22, Scouser, topdjdel, discopants, and anyone else I have forgotten to mention.

To those of you out there who have yet to go through the process, dont give up. If you provide the neccesary information and it is clear and precise, then this will help you in going the full distance.

phewww, I'm so happy and I think a few beers are in order tonight.

Guemlum

Hey

I read so many times on TV of the failures or hold-ups people have with their applications.

It is great to read such good news and to thank all the great members and sponsors for their freely given help and advice.

I send you and your gf my best wishes and hope she has a great time in the UK.

Best regards

Peter

Thanks guys....one person I forget to mention and thank, and he doesnt even know it, is Roblpl.

The templates that Roblpl has posted on this forum were a vital element in compiling the information put forward to the embassy. It was clear and simple and basic common sense really, but makes your application look organised and professional. We couldnt close the folder once we had compiled all of our info. I would recommend you use these templates for whatever visa you are applying for. And I bet the embassy are happy to receive a well organised presentation instead of a load of papers stuffed in an envelope.

Thanks again Roblpl.

Congrats, mate. Hope she enjoys the visit. Did she get the children thing sorted?

I bet the embassy are happy to receive a well organised presentation instead of a load of papers stuffed in an envelope.
A short while ago Scouse posted that the ECOs have (IIRC) less than 10 minutes to devote to each application. That's to decide whether to accept, call for interview or reject. So which is going to be looked at properly, and which is going to be rejected out of hand?

I wonder how many of those who say that the ECO ignored the evidence they supplied had merely stuffed that evidence into an envelope?

Thanks GU22, yes she was asked about why her son would be travelling to England and replied that he wouldnt, and that it was only on the advice of the visa app centre that she wrote it down.

She did also say that the interviewer tried to trick her on numerous occasions, but she never stumbled as she had no reason to lie. She also said that the questions are basically thrown at you and change from one subject back to the other constantly. I suppose thats where the test of a true relationship comes into play.

In the meantime, we plan to get her over here in June, when hopefully we'll be having a nice summer. If its too cold for her then, she'll never survive here in our winter. Need to find somewhere local that makes Som Tam now.

Guemlum

guemlum well done my friend.

I know how you feel and you have every right to feel over moon and I bet if you could jump over the moon you would LOL.

Well done,be honest with your Gf and i'm sure she'll enjoy being here in the UK but probably more so being with YOU in the UK.

Have no fear about food,or friends(THAI) they somehow find it/them.

Remember this tho, I dont want to spoil the party,keep everything(photos etc) if you and your GF decide you want to stay in the UK.

Good luck and enjoy.

delboy

Congrats, mate. Hope she enjoys the visit. Did she get the children thing sorted?
I bet the embassy are happy to receive a well organised presentation instead of a load of papers stuffed in an envelope.
A short while ago Scouse posted that the ECOs have (IIRC) less than 10 minutes to devote to each application. That's to decide whether to accept, call for interview or reject. So which is going to be looked at properly, and which is going to be rejected out of hand?

I wonder how many of those who say that the ECO ignored the evidence they supplied had merely stuffed that evidence into an envelope?

Yes thats all very well GU22 and i'm sure that reflects the reality. But equally the rules are that you have to show evidence ...blah ...blah.. it doesn't say you have to present it a certain way. I would argue that even a shoddy application , if somewhere it contains all the evidence required, should still pass. Just because the govt doesn't provide enough ECO's for the job should not mean that genuine but untidy cases should or even can be refused. Nowhere does it say visas will be granted but only to well organised applications. If the proofs there it should be found by the ECO. If not then the govt should priovide more money for more staff or make the requirements easier. Otherwise genuine cases are refused because they were not set out a certain way, and this is what happens.

If its too cold for her then, she'll never survive here in our winter.

Hi Again,

Just on this point Quemlum,

You will be amazed at how quickly they adapt if their heart is in it,

My wife landed on January 1st, from 30 D's to -3 and we got home and my heating had packed up!! She has never looked back since.

Good Luck

Moss

Yes thats all very well GU22 and i'm sure that reflects the reality. But equally the rules are that you have to show evidence ...blah ...blah.. it doesn't say you have to present it a certain way. I would argue that even a shoddy application , if somewhere it contains all the evidence required, should still pass. Just because the govt doesn't provide enough ECO's for the job should not mean that genuine but untidy cases should or even can be refused. Nowhere does it say visas will be granted but only to well organised applications. If the proofs there it should be found by the ECO. If not then the govt should priovide more money for more staff or make the requirements easier. Otherwise genuine cases are refused because they were not set out a certain way, and this is what happens.

And I would argue that this is a congratulatory thread for Quemlum and not another opportunity to trade the well worn path of suitable applications.

Just my opinion of course

Moss

Moss is spot on,They do adjust and quickly.

I remember when my wife and I landed,it was thick snow and a blizzard,she loved the snow ball fights the next day.

Oh another thing,ask your GF to fill her hand lugguage with packets of noodles and some her usuals to ensure that she will at least be able to have some of her own food in the first few days.

DONT forget to have a rice steamer at home.

Congrats again,

delboy

And I would argue that this is a congratulatory thread for Quemlum and not another opportunity to trade the well worn path of suitable applications.
Apols to all, but I honestly thought my remarks concerning Quemlum's comment on presentation would be of benefit to future applicants.

I truly did not expect such a response from Atlas.

Sorry.

Oh, I forgot to add;

Re Som Tam.

Green papaya are expensive in the UK and, unless you have a Chinese or Thai supermarket nearby, difficult to get. My wife and her friends find raw carrot or swede an acceptable alternative.

Edited by GU22

Just my opinion of course

Moss

Yes just noticed i forgot to post the intended congratulations at the end of the post. So.....well done !!

Edited by the scouser
Removal of wild and inaccurate claims.

Cheers Mark, and thanks for your recent words of encouragement. I noticed in one of your recent posts you were talking about tying the knot with your gf. Did you? and hows the visa process going? Which one did you decide on applying for?

Guemlum

Well done, I'm very pleased for you. I can remember when my TG got her's, we were over the moon as she knew quite a few people who had been turned down. I think honesty is the best policy.

People on here are a great help too. I doubt if we'd have been successful without the help of GU22 & Scouse. She's going to apply for her 3rd tourist visa in May - fingers crossed! :o