Building house in issan

Roni61

I just "remodeled" a house in city center Sisaket (near the train station) which was basically a tear down. We didn't need government approval.  The question did come up.  It's easy enough to go to the housing authority and ask.  As for land titles, we are going thru that now as well, in a rice field just down the road from Big C.  No chanote when we bought the land; however, the guy next to us just sold his land; and, they are dividing it pretty much as you described.  Those broken up sections are being given titles.  Turning farmland into a housing area seems to be the deciding factor; so, I think you should be good buying land without a title.  Best source of information is possibly the poo yai bahn for that area. Having said that, the person who really knows is the guy from the land office who comes out and surveys the land.  We sat down with him the other day and he pretty much has all the answers.  His phone number is 086-7083635.  I would have your gal call him to get answers to all your questions.  FYI land is really expensive in Sisaket with farmland going for 1 million baht per rai (or more); and, that is quite a distance off the main road(s). It's less in some of the more remote areas; but, still 2-3 hundred thousand per rai.  Good luck

On Fridays we must be nearly neighbours, Ken as I usually have a beer with mates across from that train station. Each week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/22/2019 at 1:56 PM, Tagaa said:

As usual with ThaiVisa, lots of wrong information in posts to numerous to quote...mostly concerning the Blue Book. The one correction that I will make is that a foreigner WILL NEVER be listed in a Blue Book, unless for reasons unknown, he becomes a Thai citizen.

By the way, good ole Roni61 joined TV on Monday, made the OP, logged back in on Tuesday & hasn't checked back since. Take it for what it's worth.

The one correction that I will make is that a foreigner WILL NEVER be listed in a Blue Book, unless for reasons unknown, he becomes a Thai citizen.

This statement is not correct. Wrong information. I am listed in the blue house registration book as I have PR. I have been for 15 years. I have never been listed in a yellow book. I have never even seen a yellow book. Before I got PR, I had the old house registration foolscap size sheet which was a lighter blue colour to the house owner's darker blue sheet. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 1:56 PM, Tagaa said:

As usual with ThaiVisa, lots of wrong information in posts to numerous to quote...mostly concerning the Blue Book. The one correction that I will make is that a foreigner WILL NEVER be listed in a Blue Book, unless for reasons unknown, he becomes a Thai citizen.

By the way, good ole Roni61 joined TV on Monday, made the OP, logged back in on Tuesday & hasn't checked back since. Take it for what it's worth.

Relationship or politeness failure, I wonder?

Still - lots of good info for future reference purposes so don't feel too bad to have spent time contributing folks

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:32 PM, 4MyEgo said:

From what my wife tells me, is that you have to have a house there, that said, he built a little one bedroom house with external bathroom, no living area, it's probably about 4 x 4 excluding the external bathroom, he had the electricity connected and the water and then applied for the blue book.

The above said, my wife says you have to have it completed before you can get the house book, so once his g/f has him build the house, she can get the house book and register him on that and he can then apply for a yellow book if he so desires.

I hope he doesn't go ape on the house because the last guy up the road spent 12 mi including the 2 rai, house was only a 4 bedroom single level house, so he got ripped hard, anyways, after 5 years she pi$$ed him off and he has returned to his homeland with stage 4 cancer, that's the story anyways.

12 million!!! That's just plain crazy! But, unfortunately, not uncommon. Farang guy a few k's away from us built a nice house, then proceeded to concrete the whole front yard and install cages for dogs. Looks  like an industrial dump now.

Mind you when I look at the headlines of the newsletter and see some of the houses people are trying to sell I'm astounded. 6 bedroom 7 bathrooms etc. I'm sure some people have their reasons for such monstrosities but it's just not for me. Big enough pain in the <deleted> keeping a 2/3 bedroom 1 bathroom place neat and tidy. Even old Dan C is trying to sell his condo for 9.2 million (the reduced price 55555). Gotta be joking.

Me and the wife are happy enough in her 2 bedroom 1 bathroom house near the lake on 5 rai of dirt about 10k from Sangkha. She saved up and built it 15 years ago for about 500k baht. I'm slowly farangifying some parts of it (kitchen and outdoor landscaping) and we are content.

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

Mind you when I look at the headlines of the newsletter and see some of the houses people are trying to sell I'm astounded. 6 bedroom 7 bathrooms etc. I'm sure some people have their reasons for such monstrosities but it's just not for me.

Yeh, I knew once I built here it was here to stay, i.e. if I ever split with the Mrs, it was hers, 4 kids and all ????

That said, 6 beds, 3 baths, 320 square metres of house over a single level is big enough and comfortable enough for all of us, Vs the 80 square metre place we used to live in back in the old country which would cost 7 & 1/2 times the amount it cost me to build this, and we enjoy it thoroughly, the outlay was within my "only invest as much as your prepared to lose" factor, i.e. 10% of my worth

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

Me and the wife are happy enough in7 and a half t her 2 bedroom 1 bathroom house near the lake on 5 rai of dirt about 10k from Sangkha. She saved up and built it 15 years ago for about 500k baht. I'm slowly farangifying some parts of it (kitchen and outdoor landscaping) and we are content.

For a couple, that's all you need and glad to see your contributing something, you lucky fella ????