New Work Permit

Tried searching on here but alas no luck so posting a new thread, apologies if already been asked.

1/ how long does it take to get a work permit and do you need to submit your original passport or just a signed copy?

2/ is there an express service available or ways to speed up the process?

3/ I'm in Chiang Mai do they service work permits there or is it all done centrally in BKK?

Thanks 

1) Getting the permit itself is typically completed in less than an afternoon (at least that was my experience). It is all of the setup before this application that is time consuming. I needed to fly to Singapore, with a serious amount of documentation, and obtain my Non-O B visa, return to Thailand, get documentation from the company, then take everything to the DOL to apply. You will need your original passport - at least I needed mine. I believe it was required because I needed to demonstrate the visa.

2) Agents. Mine makes the process painless and efficient.

3) I am not sure about doing it in Chiang Mai - mine was done in BKK.

How long is a peice of string.  The company representative/employer should apply for the DOI You need a non Imm B visa.  What country is your passport. process varies depending on your country and consulate.  Yu will need preliminary approval/ before they issue WP.  If you do not have an Agent/Lawyer I suggest you hire one.

Thanks, UK passport and already possess non immigration marriage visa if that helps....

Work permit would be done by school/language school not sure which one as not yet employed LOL just planning

Edited by stament

I am in Pattaya have had 2 WPs different company's at different times and the company's have dealt with the Paperwork in both cases never had to leave the country and had the WP in 2 weeks or less quick with no issues. The HR department should be able to get this done for you simple