Britain's Queen could be asked to suspend parliament on Wednesday: BBC journalist

webfact

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The latest from Daily Mail:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7402153/Boris-Johnson-today-ask-Queen-suspend-Parliament.html

in the article, it days that Johnson wants the Queen’s Speech, outlining new legislation, to be on October 14th.

In his haste, Johnson seems to have forgotten that the Battle of Hastings was fought on October 14th. The ‘ayes’ may think they have it, but just like King Harold, Johnson, if he looks up on that date, will get more than pigeon s**t in his eye!

582377FC-0E8E-40CD-AD8B-4515E18DA69B.jpeg

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

How so? By trying to prevent a "no deal" brexit which neither parliament nor the British people want?

Sorry, I don't buy that, if an agreement cannot be reached it only leaves no-deal, the British people were well aware of this, now remainers are running out of excuses.

We all know that by removing no deal from the table it weakens Boris Johnsons attempt to secure a deal from the EU, but it matters not one iota to remainers because at the end of the day it is not about preventing no deal, it is about remaining a member of the EU.

And don't forget that the speaker of the house J Bercow is an ardent remainer, he is in a position of neutrality and he is anything but, he is so biased, Boris is playing a blinder considering the hand he has been dealt and is holding at the moment. 

12 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

If thats what you think you misunderstand democracy and know nothing of British Constitutional Law. Thus you contribute nothing to this discussion. 

Question

BJ says he needs a new queens speech to outline a new agenda.

When did he obtain the mandate from the public to implement this agenda

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I look forward to the forthcoming TVF discussions on the inevitable legal challenge to this latest Brexit extremism.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when Boris asks the Queen to prerogate Her Parliament.

By law, 3 privvy counsellors need to be present, who are there to do Her bidding. No doubt she'll shout "Orf with his head".

Either that or she'll quietly turn to her husband and say "Darling, could you please take Boris for a little drive in the country".

33 minutes ago, vogie said:

I can only go on what the EU have been telling us for the latter stages of the May regime and now Boris reign. As for evolving, it seems we have hit a brick wall with the EU, maybe now they now realise that Boris means business and he means what he says. Whatever the remainers may say, for Boris to take over the Tory Party with very little ammunition, he has and still is playing a blinder, the Tories are streets ahead of any other party, it is very understandable why remainers dislike the man, he is trying his best to preserve democracy, I just hope he succeeds.

Boris does go nothing achieve with the E.U. by this closing parliament , as this is not done in any western democracy and sure not on a so decisive politic moment , it is a shame for Western democracy ….don't call yourselves anymore a democracy as you close down what you call " mother of all parliaments "

The E.U. shall condemn this strongly ...so how you go to benefit from this politic "coup".It seems British pride is no more existing ….

Do not laugh anymore with our Italians , or even Thai junta … as this is not worthy to call a democratic  country government 

The days of British fame seems gone today 

4 hours ago, Basil B said:

Morally bankrupt act of desperation...

Spot on - but who is he actually representing apart from the de Pfeffel family hoping to make a name for themselves but rich enough to withstand the fallout ?

He is not representing parliamentarians, they're against it, he's not representing the future prosperity of the UK as I've yet to see a single survey that predicts this will end well (brexiteers feel free to provide one here >>>>>>), he's not representing commerce, those pesky people that provide all the jobs as they're against it, he's not representing the service industry in a service industry based economy as they're against it, he's not representing the UK as a whole (look at the state of the pound and future projections - for zorrows benefit, the pound immediately dropped on the news - appreciative though in your bubble its going up leaving me wondering if you have got the graph the right way up?), and he's certainly not representing the UK people as every single survey, I think bar one out of the hundreds commissioned, now shows an enormous majority against a no deal Brexit, however to avoid accusations of bias lets just take the two latest today - first one 34% favoured a no deal Brexit and the second one just 19% (that's NINETEEN- source survation) now favoured it !!

So now apart from fully paid up members of the BNP, and a tiny majority (albeit just 25% of the population) who voted for it years ago, but don't want it now, who is he actually representing ? He's actually trying to ram through an idea that people voted for years ago but no longer want !!

and brexiteers claim remainers are undemocratic !

8 minutes ago, vogie said:

Sorry, I don't buy that, if an agreement cannot be reached it only leaves no-deal, the British people were well aware of this, now remainers are running out of excuses.

When were the British people aware that no deal was a distinct pssibility, let alone a racing certainty, as it is now. Not before the referendum took place. All recent polls have shown only a minority in favour of a no deal Brexit.

18 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

The triumph of hope over experience (companies moving to Europe, job losses, farmers freaking out and Sterling falling through the floor). 

What experience? No one has ever done it before!

Back on topic...

BwZoUYNd?format=jpg&name=orig

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

When were the British people aware that no deal was a distinct pssibility, let alone a racing certainty, as it is now. Not before the referendum took place. All recent polls have shown only a minority in favour of a no deal Brexit.

I will try to explain more carefully this time. If you don't agree on a deal, you end up with no-deal. Whether you agree with that or not, it makes no difference, that is the outcome.

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

Do you really want to be the first to experience companies moving to Europe, job losses, farmers freaking out and Sterling falling through the floor?

Be honest, you can't be that blind to the truth, you know it's going to happen.

2 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

The pound has already fallen sharply as Boris try's a new pair of prorogued's on and got misquoted at a Chelsea shoe shop????  

Sharply  0.6% v the USD. Still higher than a week ago. Sharply. Ouch!

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Do you really want to be the first to experience companies moving to Europe, job losses, farmers freaking out and Sterling falling through the floor?

Be honest, you can't be that blind to the truth, you know it's going to happen.

Any that are serious would have been long gone by 29 march.

6 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Must have missed that, I thought that only 0.2% of the population were allowed to vote on July 24th. Hardly a mandate.

Listen, you really don't need to tell us you missed it. Seriously. We know you did.

Remainers...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Back on topic...

BwZoUYNd?format=jpg&name=orig

You're right. If it's bad now (see stuff in brackets), just imagine how bad it could be after a no-deal Brexit.

Unless, of course, you think the farmers, the CBI and the money markets are all wrong, or, that Trump will come riding in to the rescue?

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

I will try to explain more carefully this time. If you don't agree on a deal, you end up with no-deal. Whether you agree with that or not, it makes no difference, that is the outcome.

On that we agree. And as there's no chance of a deal, it's a no deal brexit. I repeat were the people made aware of this before the referendum? No, they were assured that it was going to be the easiest deal ever, a deal that would be beneficial to the UK. I think that most people have seen through those lies now and wouldn't vote for a no deal brexit today.

2 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

You're right. If it's bad now (see stuff in brackets), just imagine how bad it could be after a no-deal Brexit.

Unless, of courese, you think the farmers CBI and the money markets are all wrong, or, Trump will come to the rescue?

Nothing is worse that staying umbilically connected to that lot!

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

Completely untrue. It's based on Parliamentary democracy.

Never again do I want to hear the howling Brexiteers cries of "It's the democratic will of the people",  If we don't leave, it will be the end of Democracy, in the UK".

THIS is the end of democracy in the UK. Boris Johnson has killed parliamentary democracy. In November, effigys of him will be placed atop people's bonfires. He will go down in history as the man that did what Guy Fawkes failed to do. The wanton destruction of Parliament.

If we don't leave, it will be the end of democracy in the UK.

Archived