Britain's Queen could be asked to suspend parliament on Wednesday: BBC journalist

webfact

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

69247995_2089666974672987_9162206071857610752_n.jpg.c6073d3da327e15cd4c1b87b07181ce5.jpg

Well at least the PPI ends on Friday...

Seems the cold callers are looking to the next money making opportunity, got one of those "We heard you had an accident that was not your fault" calls the other day, obviously those charlatans are falling on hard times... 

7 minutes ago, JamesBlond said:

And what do you call a country that has a referendum but reneges on the result?

Grow up, the lot of you.

Obviously you did not read the not so small print where it said "None Binding"... 

39 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

555, good try.

And before you accuse Corbyn of being anti semite AND a hard core Marxist, you might think for a few minutes (or days) about the origins of the name Marx.

Just trying to save you from further embarrassment.

Embarrassment, with whom exactly, you, the other members of TVF, who I don't know?  I think you are mixing me up with someone who gives a (deleted) 

6 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Wow, I bet Juncker didn't expect that.

I bet Theresa May is taking notes now...

"Wow, I bet Juncker didn't expect that."

This will not change a thing on their stance , only getting more strange opinions about the present British government

9 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Wow, I bet Juncker didn't expect that.

I bet Theresa May is taking notes now...

do you really think the EU gives a damn about BJ games I doubt, they have been clear on their stand

2 minutes ago, Rotweiler said:

I really do wish the darn Brits would take their problems back to their homeland with them - not here.  The rest of us frankly don't give a rodent's behind.

Where is Erdogan when you need him? Surely he would want to comment on this?

The EU refused membership for Turkey, because they were not a democracy.

So let's kick out the UK right now!

Just now, bannork said:

i call it a very sensible country when it sees the looming disaster of a no deal Brexit.

and the pound just took a dive..... 37.34 baht good job Boris keep it up and it will reach 35 by tomorrow morning

25 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Johnson has just provided moderate Parliamentarians either-side of the Brexit issue with solid grounds to support a vote of no confidence.

Perhaps deliberately so.

I would make sense. He knows that the PM responsible of a no deal Brexit and its implementation is very likely to be grilled forever. In case of no confidence vote he would be able to come back some time later, after blaming others for a failed Brexit or a remain decision. "If they had let me..."

1 minute ago, Basil B said:

Obviously you did not read the not so small print where it said "None Binding"... 

You avoided answering my question because you know the answer is: a nation that reneges on a referendum is morally bankrupt.

It's a point of honour, which if you are properly British you ought to know about. Accept the result and quit whining.

1 minute ago, oldhippy said:

Please, remind me: How many % voted for a no deal brexit? 10%? 15%?

And how many voted to listen to that kind of pathetic caviling? The result was OUT, no conditions attached.

Should have got out two years ago with zero fuss, but we put a woman in charge - there's a lesson for everyone.

Look, if it doesn't work out, there will be another referendum a few years down the line. That's how elections work. Results lurch one way or the other, and it takes some oscillations before arriving at a workable compromise. You know full well that no one will actually want to rejoin the same EU in the future. We need a different kind of European Union - trade without the insane homogenisation, and without the loss of identity. The current EU needs dismantling, and Britain at least has the balls to start that process. This is the start of something new, getting back to common sense. Go with it.

15 minutes ago, JamesBlond said:

You avoided answering my question because you know the answer is: a nation that reneges on a referendum is morally bankrupt.

It's a point of honour, which if you are properly British you ought to know about. Accept the result and quit whining.

"properly British"

What do you mean?

Only British are "proper"?

Only certain British are "proper"?

Which British are not "proper"?

Please explain.

3 minutes ago, JamesBlond said:

And how many voted to listen to that kind of pathetic caviling? The result was OUT, no conditions attached.

Should have got out two years ago with zero fuss, but we put a woman in charge - there's a lesson for everyone.

Look, if it doesn't work out, there will be another referendum a few years down the line. That's how elections work. Results lurch one way or the other, and it takes some oscillations before arriving at a workable compromise. You know full well that no one will actually want to rejoin the same EU in the future. We need a different kind of European Union - trade without the insane homogenisation, and without the loss of identity. The current EU needs dismantling, and Britain at least has the balls to start that process. This is the start of something new, getting back to common sense. Go with it.

QUOTE:  but we put a woman in charge - there's a lesson for everyone.

You don't like women?

1 hour ago, JamesBlond said:

Finally someone taking a firm lead. Should have done this in the beginning.

And all MPs who have been actively trying to subvert the democratic process should be prosecuted or at least kicked out of politics.

You realise how double speak your post is? Probably not.

Just now, oldhippy said:

"properly British"

What do you mean?

Only British are "proper"?

Only certain British are "proper"?

Which British are not "proper"?

Please explain.

Here's a definition for you:

Britishness: a thousand years of mad monarchs, the legacy of Agincourt, Poitiers and Waterloo, two World Wars and all the others, the travails and triumphs of the empire and the industrial revolution, Shakespeare and Austen and Wordsworth, Newton and Darwin, all the pioneers and explorers who made the place great; England is country lanes and stately homes, cathedrals and crumbling castles, duck ponds in Hardyesque villages, the White Cliffs and the White Horse, church bells on Sunday mornings, bluebells in spring, the wind in the willows, sheep on the common, sausage rolls and pork pies, fish and chips on the prom, rain on holidays, football, messing around in boats, George Formby, Dad’s Army and the Two Ronnies, Vera Lynn and the Beatles, The Queen on Christmas Day, freckle-faced kids, prim aunts and bluff uncles, horses and bulldogs, Sherlock Holmes and Watson, Tom Brown's schooldays, Swallows and Amazons, Pooh sticks, wry idioms, ribald humour and teasing, a unique gentility and forthrightness, the squire having a warm pint in a country pub. And perhaps above all, decency, honour, and grace in adversity.

If you don't recognise all of that in your heritage, you're not British.

24 minutes ago, JamesBlond said:

You avoided answering my question because you know the answer is: a nation that reneges on a ref...erendum is morally bankrupt.

MP's have a duty to act in the best interest of the country...

2 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Britain's whole Constitution is based on a consent to rule by the people. 

The people must be heard and Brexit must be expedited

UK doesn't have a Constitution nor is a referendum legally binding.

EDIT>

Will be interesting to see if Johnson losses a 'No Confidence' motion next week. 

15 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:
A prorogation normally happens every autumn. This parliamentary session has lasted three years  the longest  since the Civil War. What kind of screwed-up mindset do you need to see the long overdue return of constitutional normality as a coup

Maybe because of the timing and the ramifications of that timing?

5 minutes ago, JamesBlond said:

Here's a definition for you:

Britishness: a thousand years of mad monarchs, the legacy of Agincourt, Poitiers and Waterloo, two World Wars and all the others, the travails and triumphs of the empire and the industrial revolution, Shakespeare and Austen and Wordsworth, Newton and Darwin, all the pioneers and explorers who made the place great; England is country lanes and stately homes, cathedrals and crumbling castles, duck ponds in Hardyesque villages, the White Cliffs and the White Horse, church bells on Sunday mornings, bluebells in spring, the wind in the willows, sheep on the common, sausage rolls and pork pies, fish and chips on the prom, rain on holidays, football, messing around in boats, George Formby, Dad’s Army and the Two Ronnies, Vera Lynn and the Beatles, The Queen on Christmas Day, freckle-faced kids, prim aunts and bluff uncles, horses and bulldogs, Sherlock Holmes and Watson, Tom Brown's schooldays, Swallows and Amazons, Pooh sticks, wry idioms, ribald humour and teasing, a unique gentility and forthrightness, the squire having a warm pint in a country pub. And perhaps above all, decency, honour, and grace in adversity.

If you don't recognise all of that in your heritage, you're not British.

All past things …… what about future ones …. and please forget present one as it's the laughing stock of the world now and even on his way to having a dictator as PM. 

The Remainers entered this Parliament under the rather childish delusion that they were going to use Parliamentary procedures to stop everyone else, and nobody was going to use Parliamentary procedures to stop them. At Westminster they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.

Archived