Coming with a thai/european minor child and being denied entry at the Bangkok airport ? what gonna happen ?

I've a Thai/EU child, ( dual citizen ) but I am always showing his EU passport, ( to avoid any problem at each exit of Thailand )

I am coming often to Thailand using exempt entries, with my daughter, I am often in Southeast Asia.

I've a flight from Philippines going to Don Muaeng.

I don't have the 20,000 THB in case they will ask me.

What gonna happened if they wanted to deny entry me, as I've a EU/Thai Child. But I don't have his thai passport.

Just only a copy of his Thai birth certificate, and copy of his previous thai passport with me..

What the IO gonna do in that case ?

They will deny entry both of us ? despite the child have thai citizenship.

They will deny me entry, and put the child under there custody for "her" mother get her ? By the way I don't have contact with her mother.

The situation is very complicated, while on case they willing to deny entry me, what gonna happened on that case.. weird and stressful

Sorry but I cannot make the NON-O visa, too much complicated and they don't provide it to me in Philippines, the Thai Embassy

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Danielsiam said:

I have the funds, but I am not using to have my pocket plenty of cash.. 

they even deny entry when we have the cash.. still thinking we're taking a job of thai people

Using a child to get a visa? Shame.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

I would recommend not to travel as you never know of the drama that can unfold, even the mother who is not in contact (or the other way around), may legally challenge you and game over. And as a single parent, there is no good reason to play the sunshine SEA game anymore, but should focus on the child now.

• Like 2

Immigration has been asking for every document known to man when leaving with a child, and for both parents, and then even this is not enough, when you have every document that exists in Thailand.  Why?  Unexplainable sort of like the strange stories of people with valid visas that get kicked back for no reason.  So I would be careful and be worried that once here with your daughter, she may never leave again, especially if you are not on good terms with her Mother and the Mother cannot go to the airport with you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Los Luver said:

My guess is that you are from Romania...

Don't think so, if his claims to have hitherto succeeded in entering Thailand with (presumably) 30-day visa exemptions are to be believed. Romanian nationals are required to obtain 15-day visas on arrival:-

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/contents/files/services-20150120-100712-551809.pdf

2 hours ago, amykat said:

Immigration has been asking for every document known to man when leaving with a child, and for both parents, and then even this is not enough, when you have every document that exists in Thailand.  Why?  Unexplainable sort of like the strange stories of people with valid visas that get kicked back for no reason.  So I would be careful and be worried that once here with your daughter, she may never leave again, especially if you are not on good terms with her Mother and the Mother cannot go to the airport with you.

Nonsense, I have traveled abroad with my duel citizen Thai son for years and never had a problem, All they want to see is a child's Thai passport leaving and entering Thailand, They don't want to see his Thai ID card or his Thai birth certificate. They don't check or question my son visa status as he is Thai, my visa status yes but not my son, the airline check in staff want to see the other nationality passport that way you don't have to get a tourist visa for your son on his Thai passport.

10 hours ago, Danielsiam said:

I am not using to live in Thailand. I just staying for short period. A visa exempt is totally enough.

It is up to the Government of Thailand to decide what is "totally enough" and what isn't. I feel sorry for your kids.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Danielsiam said:

I have the funds, but I am not using to have my pocket plenty of cash.. 

they even deny entry when we have the cash.. still thinking we're taking a job of thai people

20.000 THB is peanuts in real money e.g. in Euro. And 20x1000 Baht notes fit easily in a normal purse. 

5 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Looks like the OP left the thread. Just open for fun then? Or just don´t want to tell the real reason for his worries. 

Who is surprised? He asked for some practical advice based on experience, not for petty, borish moralising from the barstool brigade.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's no worry, the outcome is that magically we have two concurrent threads up and running on the first page involving the keywords "denied" "entry" "DMK" (or "Bangkok airport")

Edited by lkv

44 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Who is surprised? He asked for some practical advice based on experience, not for petty, borish moralising from the barstool brigade.

Suggest you read his previous post's. He uses his children for achieving his travel plans.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pontious said:

Suggest you read his previous post's. He uses his children for achieving his travel plans.

Let me just add that he is suggesting that:

He lives in South East Asia (but not Thailand), with a EU/Thai kid, that supposedly goes to school and all that? Or maybe too young? Again, all that takes place outside of Thailand. And he travels to Thailand for leisure, taking the EU/Thai child along, for short durations and unspecified purposes.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, lkv said:

Let me just add that he is suggesting that:

He lives in South East Asia (but not Thailand), with a EU/Thai kid, that supposedly goes to school and all that? Or maybe too young? Again, all that takes place outside of Thailand. And he travels to Thailand for leisure, taking the EU/Thai child along, for short durations and unspecified purposes.

I suppose he leaves his Filipino child there while he does that travel. Read his previous posts. 

56 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Barstool Brigade? Do you know that you just posted a comment to a committed married man and a father of two children? You should also feel ashamed just assuming things.

My first post tells the truth directly to the OP. If he wants any help, then maybe he should consider giving important imformation, such as what it is he is afraid of. Noone has so far been refused entry with a Thai child or a child of dual nationality where one is Thai.