Coming with a thai/european minor child and being denied entry at the Bangkok airport ? what gonna happen ?

Those who fancy to preach might find a church of their choosing a more suitable place to dispense their useless little sermons than a forum for Thai visa related issues, of all places.

That said, the OP will need to be a lot more clear about his circumstances. It's simply not possible to give advise based on the information provided.

21 hours ago, amykat said:

Part 2 of above story: My flight was the last one of the night and I was one of the last to go through but I had come before and pre-cleared us in case we would have any problems, due to having my dogs downstairs.  When I came back and went through security, suddenly immigration pretended I had never done that, and they had never seen me before.  Also they held me up considerably 3 months before on a flight home for Xmas so I was super prepared this time.  

I showed them every document that exists, over and over, they kept looking at it (the boss lady) as if she wasn’t really seeing anything.  She started at some point to say that I had really offended her and was in big trouble now.  I did not take that seriously really, as in I was not worried, because I have never made any officials upset in 14 years, and I had said almost nothing, just passed over papers and answered questions.  Off to the side is the thing going on with my daughter, them trying to intimidate her several feet away from me and in Thai.  The boss kept getting into weird staring contests with me for some reason, I kept thinking well like dogs, first one to look away is weaker so I’m not looking away.  Now I realize she was trying to keep me from looking around probably.

I reminded this woman that she knows me, she cleared me to go at Xmas?  And other times too, she must remember?  I am just ignoring the fact that I was cleared to go through an hour ago because I realize something is going on now, but I am confused what is it?? I see one lady give me some sad eyes and look down.  I am surrounded by what seems to be every person who works behind in the office, walking around me and my luggage, 4 or 5 people.  They ask me for ridiculous things, like they want my certified English translations I have used for her immigration in the US embassy.  That I am not going to give them.  I say, for what ...you are the Thai government and you can read Thai and I have the original Thai documents??  So this is going on for maybe one hour!!  They tell me it is the LAW and I should know that and have brought them English copies!!  The airline workers come to see what is going on, everyone is on the flight except us, my dogs are on the plane, and I see boss lady give a nod, like yeah just give me a minute more ...they will be coming.

Suddenly, we are free to go, rush onto the plane, an hour later I want to buy something and guess what??  My wallet that was on the top of my bag is now gone!!  My daughter tells me oh, well I saw that older man in uniform bend down and get in your bag, he sort of looked like he was fixing something

on his shoe I was not sure??  WHAT?  Why didn’t you tell me?  

She starts freaking out ..well I thought they were going to keep me and they were telling me that you were saying bad things and they were going to put you in jail ....she did tell me a few times to stop talking and that I was going to go to jail and I didn’t know why she said that!!  She tried to pull me away when I was answering questions.

I was in no way close to losing my temper, never raised my voice, I was not even feeling worried about it really because I knew I had every single legal paper that exists in Thailand and I could not imagine not passing the interview.  I had gotten extra legal papers just in case for padding.  I knew the flight could not leave with my dogs and luggage on it and not us ...so I was curious what the hell was going on but I was not freaking out.

Afterwards I discovered a few other things missing.  I used my wallet just before to buy water for the dogs, I used it there to show them things, which they quickly said they don’t need ...like her Thai ID, my Thai ID, anything in my wallet they don’t need, they do need things buried in my suitcase that I was not expecting, they do need me to make copies of every paper with their phone so I am distracted, they are messing up my papers and I am afraid of losing some of them while they put them all over their booth.

I was thinking later of all the people who when moving might have a lot of extra cash they are trying to get out of the country?  You usually will have all your valuables with you, any nice watches, jewelry ...I had my safe deposit box keys in my wallet.  Luckily I had been going to the US a lot lately and had been bringing back all my valuables in each trip or never brought them in the first place.  I still did have some but I reduced it quite a bit.  

I think if they can tell you are moving back, you might be a target for strange things to happen, you could be a walking gold mine, so watch out.

Probably all to do with child stealing. It has happened in custody cases a fair bit over the years. There are even organisations who will take (for a fee) a child out of one country for a parent in another country.

A lot of places are super careful but it sounds like your experience was over the top.

21 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Barstool Brigade? Do you know that you just posted a comment to a committed married man and a father of two children? You should also feel ashamed just assuming things.

My first post tells the truth directly to the OP. If he wants any help, then maybe he should consider giving important imformation, such as what it is he is afraid of. Noone has so far been refused entry with a Thai child or a child of dual nationality where one is Thai.

Where is the committed married man - not in the OP that's for sure.

22 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Looks like the OP left the thread. Just open for fun then? Or just don´t want to tell the real reason for his worries. 

22 hours ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Who is surprised? He asked for some practical advice based on experience, not for petty, borish moralising from the barstool brigade.

21 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Barstool Brigade? Do you know that you just posted a comment to a committed married man and a father of two children? You should also feel ashamed just assuming things.

My first post tells the truth directly to the OP. If he wants any help, then maybe he should consider giving important imformation, such as what it is he is afraid of. Noone has so far been refused entry with a Thai child or a child of dual nationality where one is Thai.

12 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Where is the committed married man - not in the OP that's for sure.

@emptypockets Above you can see the conversation. Perkins did post a reply to my comment, which also related to one of my earlier comment where I told the OP to stay home and show some responsibility.

So, it was me who is the man you are asking for. A good advice is to read a conversation before jumping in, and don´t have a clue about what oyu are posting.

10 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

@emptypockets Above you can see the conversation. Perkins did post a reply to my comment, which also related to one of my earlier comment where I told the OP to stay home and show some responsibility.

So, it was me who is the man you are asking for. A good advice is to read a conversation before jumping in, and don´t have a clue about what oyu are posting.

I made a valid statement. Are you implying that the op is a committed married man?

I have no idea, nor care, about your marital status. This thread is not about you.

Thanks for the advice, but on this occasion I'll pass thank you.

Flaming is quite childish.

26 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

I made a valid statement. Are you implying that the op is a committed married man?

I have no idea, nor care, about your marital status. This thread is not about you.

Thanks for the advice, but on this occasion I'll pass thank you.

Flaming is quite childish.

You still not get it. When did I imply that the OP is a committed married man. You are the one that jumped on a discussion regarding a row of post oyu didn´t read or understood the meaning of. My advice still stands, because you don´t even understand it when it´s explained to you. I was talking about my own person. You know the ones post you initially replied to. If you reply to my post, then I will automatically take it as you are replying to me. Is that wrong?

Edited by Matzzon