Requirement to keep outdated 90 day reports

17 hours ago, Max69xl said:

There's no "old report" to keep.

That was my thinking too. 90 day reports aren't kept and I've never photocopied them either.  The old 90 day report this time is the case where I have a new TM6 (from a recent trip) and there's still a 90 day report stapled in the passport. 

It seems clear there is no need to keep these old copies. I think my book keeper is just spooked by the growing tsunami of paperwork required for business visa extension renewals and wants to be sure to have every last angle covered.

2 hours ago, Misty said:

That was my thinking too. 90 day reports aren't kept and I've never photocopied them either.  The old 90 day report this time is the case where I have a new TM6 (from a recent trip) and there's still a 90 day report stapled in the passport. 

It seems clear there is no need to keep these old copies. I think my book keeper is just spooked by the growing tsunami of paperwork required for business visa extension renewals and wants to be sure to have every last angle covered.

The paper in your passport is not a report per se, it's a slip with a barcode and the Due Date for the next 90-days report. The IO scans the barcode and prints out a new slip which he staples inside your passport. No need for submitting the TM47 every time, either. The needed info (address and TM6-card number) is already in the database. 

On 8/31/2019 at 9:09 AM, phuketrichard said:

PHUKET:
using the drive thru for 90 day reports, you hand them your passport,( ONLY)  and 1 minute later they hand it back with a NEW 90 day report slip in the bank.

Old one   GONE

Exactly same procedure at Jomtien Immigration,and so fast.