TM30: The form getting expats in Thailand into a bureaucratic tangle

webfact

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

This has become a paranoid country when it comes to foreigners, meanwhile those in power are lining their pockets with every ill gotten baht they can get. 

Sadly the Thai’s don’t care one iota about the elites bleeding the country dry....it’s only the foreigners that care......

You see where I am going with this?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Yinn, 

The same applies for residents getting extensions in Thailand - The amount of paper work required is huge, and we pay money that is not refunded if refused. The only difference is no vetting or interviews. Because immigration is happy to give everyone a visa if they have the money...and then immigration complain when criminals come to Thailand. Maybe if Thailand Immigration check people they give visa's too better,  then criminals would not come to Thailand. Criminals come to Thailand...Thailand's fault. 

BTW if I apply for a visa to visit Thailand in UK....guess what I must go to Thai embassy in London. No have Thai embassy in every UK province as well. Same Same As UK embassy in Thailand, No? . 

1900 for an extension if refused. $100 dollars for a visitor visa to UK. No refund if refused. Over $2000 for a settlement visa. No refund if refused.

Longer waiting times too. 2-3 weeks for a UK visitor visa. 16 weeks for UK settlement visa.

Edited by puchooay
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

I have seen some truly asinine things in Thailand in my 10+ years here, but this B.S. tops them all. 

This has effectively killed my 2-10 day bike trips around the country. May as well sell my 300cc bikes and buy a 150 PCX. 

Don’t be foolish, just pay the fine and enjoy your life. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

I have just had a look at that, thank you, I tried to register on my tablet a week or so ago but think I messed it up, what is a house ID No. ? I have no idea so left the field blank and when I tried to submit the request it was saying 1 field still needed to be completed, also do I need to only provide copies of my passport & my rental contract and list myself as the 'possessor'?

Can you tell me how to get registered for TM30 just using a PC, Thank You, I don't want to deal with setting it up on my phone

5 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Yes...Longer waiting times as they are vetting you...Duh!

By the way PR (The Thai equivalent of a settlement visa) approx 100'000 baht (if married to a Thai) and 197'000 if single = $3'000 - $6'000 and do not even get me started on the waiting times for PR - Try years!

Still, 16 weeks wait for vetting and people on here are complaining about having to spend 5 minutes on the internet to file a TM30. ???? 

You can apply for PR in Thailand after 3 years. UK is 5 years.

Edited by puchooay
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, flexomike said:

Can you tell me how to get registered for TM30 just using a PC, Thank You, I don't want to deal with setting it up on my phone

Can I use Chrome or do you have to do it on Internet Explorer, I have both

4 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

It will never be abolished because its a source of income and it assures that the IOs can keep their jobs. And the app will be kept malfunctioning for the same reasons.

Not from what I heard, Prayut is about to bring back Big Joke..... ????

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, zydeco said:

What do you not understand about the TM 30 online process NOT allowing people to register. I waited 11 weeks before I received a notice that my application for a username and password was not approved. So, today, I went to Chaengwattana and filed a TM 30. They accepted the very same documents to approve it in person that they rejected for the online application. You know nothing.

I don;t understand as I have had no problems. The immigration office where I live does not require a TM30 unless you change address. Coming and going is not a problem. I decide to register online just for the hell of it. 7 days and all sorted.

I read a report that about 80% of refused online applications are down to applicants errors. This was a report from an expats survey. Not Thai Immigration.

Edited by puchooay
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4