LIVE STREAM: TM30 and how it will impact the lives fo expats in Thailand

2 minutes ago, Parsve said:

You for sure miss a couple of things. First of all,  you urges him to break the law. Secondly, anyone could report that he have been living there, for instance if he of any reason annoy any locals. Third Your solution, if it was used only (maybe) could be employed in just that kind of case. If he for  instanc stay in a hotel for a night and want to follow the law and report when he come back home and there is no report that he have been living in another place for X nights he will get the problem even when he has done nothing wrong. That is the redicolius whith TM30  

Laws are regarded a little differently here, to wholly obey them all would be an effort.

You presume other people living in this village know something about the TM30 requirement, and like to deal with the police. Most dislike the police and avoid them.

He will not have the problem if a hotel fails to report his  staying, yet he does so on return. It is an issue between immigration and the hotel. He has done nothing wrong.

The TM30 non-compliance only becomes an issue when one attends immigration, sadly. So those doing 90 day reports, in need of re-entry permit etc, and Extension renewal. I can avoid item 1 and 2, item 3 is once a year.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, pmh2009 said:

Just face the truth & reality!!!!!! they do not want any foreigners here in Thailand!!! White, Brown, Black or Yellow --- they---Thailand only want for a short period!!!! foreigners who will come to spend ALL their money!!!! OK Don't cry, whine or complain!!! I am not a Thai but face facts;  America, Italy, Britain with their Brexit and other EU etc.... countries do not want foreigners, rich or not!!!! Even in Brasil they killing their own true natives!!!! It is just like 1935!!! before Fascism took over!!!! We are at that stage!!! Best thing if you can't tolerate or bow your head to the new crackdowns (the laws were there except no one enforced it) go back to your home country!!! 

It is tiring and boring to see these whining, complaints blah blah blah !!!! Either you get with it or GO BACK to your home country where your own people, culture and laws are!!!! OKAY??????????????

this is a free forum

take a break if you can't take it

people like to whine to unwind

thai apologists make me sick ... if this was done to a thai in  your home country, you can sue the government for RACISM

25 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Laws are regarded a little differently here, to wholly obey them all would be an effort.

You presume other people living in this village know something about the TM30 requirement, and like to deal with the police. Most dislike the police and avoid them.

He will not have the problem if a hotel fails to report his  staying, yet he does so on return. It is an issue between immigration and the hotel. He has done nothing wrong.

The TM30 non-compliance only becomes an issue when one attends immigration, sadly. So those doing 90 day reports, in need of re-entry permit etc, and Extension renewal. I can avoid item 1 and 2, item 3 is once a year.

I would be happy if what you write was correct, but just read what the rules say and you will see that you are wrong and/or read the plenty of stories here, telling another reallity than the one you live in. 

3 minutes ago, Parsve said:

I would be happy if what you write was correct, but just read what the rules say and you will see that you are wrong and/or read the plenty of stories here, telling another reallity than the one you live in. 

I know the rules, they are applied with variance. I can be wrong not doing TM30s for another 14 years, or pay a fine and start doing them.

People will say I am talking nonsense but Thailand is not a country that can cope with such large number of tourists( both long term and short term).

So this TM30 is their last resort to try to get things together. Just too many people refusing to go home after their visa expired.

would you like that to happen to your country?

2 minutes ago, ylmiri said:

People will say I am talking nonsense but Thailand is not a country that can cope with such large number of tourists( both long term and short term).

So this TM30 is their last resort to try to get things together. Just too many people refusing to go home after their visa expired.

if they could claim no benefit financially from my country then i couldnt care less

4 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

So, I'll just travel where and when I want to and when it comes time to do my extension, just to be safe, I'll go in and report that I am back in my condo etc.. etc.. a few days before I apply. Otherwise it is the LANDLORDS who are on the hook for the TM30. Or on the document "House Master" who is responsible.

That's the solution for now.  Pay the fine and chalk it up as the cost of doing business.  Use their own system to your advantage.  So instead of 1900b for the extension add the fine.  The fine is more than a good tradeoff for all the time you would waste filling out these forms and waiting in endless lines.  

Stupid is as stupid does.  That these idiots can sit there and roll their eyes when someone complains about having to waste half a day of their lives only proves the point, that they cannot think out of the little box that traps their little minds.  

You wouldn't get angry at a child who doesn't know any better for doing something wrong, especially if that child isn't capable of understanding.  So just know, that some of these people just don't know any better.  Pity them.

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Friend just told me she paid the fine last month at CW immigration for not doing a TM30. She said she went away recently so her Thai landlord tried to file a TM30 for her when she returned. Immigration tried to fine the landlord for the previous time. 

Are they keeping records or are they just putting their hands out and seeing what they can get? 

Are they keeping records or are they just putting their hands out and seeing what they can get? ....Me Thinks it be The LATTER !!

2 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Are they keeping records or are they just putting their hands out and seeing what they can get? ....Me Thinks it be The LATTER !!

I was afraid that might be the case. 

Shame. I was feeling so good before thinking the TM30 was keeping me safe from all those nasty foreign criminals. 

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Your talking about two separate forms, TM30 & TM47, the latter is your responsibility to do the 90 day reporting. The TM30 is the landlords, owners, and I wouldn't let any immigration officer tell me any different, i.e. the legislation translated is a bit iffy, but would ask them to point it out to me that it is the tenants responsibility to report that they have returned to their province in the absence of the landlord not doing the reporting, e.g. you cannot be fined for someone else flaunting of the law.

This message is about TM30 nothing else, nothing to do with TM47. There is nothing about it being the landlords responsibility and the office is always full of foreigners reporting, as that is what they tell us to do. If you had not noticed offices can interpret the law as they see fit, ignore it or make their own rules up as they go along.

2 hours ago, ylmiri said:

Too many people refusing to go home after the visa expired is handled with overstay fines and bans/blacklists.

Nothing to do with TM30.

But some would try to mix apples with oranges. It does create confusion.

Welcome to the forum to you too.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I know the rules, they are applied with variance. I can be wrong not doing TM30s for another 14 years, or pay a fine and start doing them.

So you think that rules that you your self have no control or knowledge over, how they are interpreted by your local IO and could put you out of the country any day is ok? Up to you if you feel ok with that but for me it is a nightmare.

Whats stopping us just putting a foldable push bike in the pick-up when we go away for a few days?

If i did get asked where i have been staying i will say i just drove there and back and bought the bike .

Saying that i have never been asked where i have been they are more interested in checking the tax disc.

SO if you are living in Thailand and going to travel in Thailand , dont use hotels (filing tm30), but just addresses where they dont file a tm30. Nothing wrong, no one knows. As now its also done. You never left your house any time.

Will be different if the Thai will follow Chinese way. The Chinese have billions of cams to watch persons and is handled with face recognition programs.

IF your face doesnt look good, they can even pick you up and question you. As they can see your expression on your face, also handled by machine.

You even get automatically a fine in your mail if you cross red light or so. Just machines controlling humans in bad way. 

Happily then you wouldnt need tm30 anymore. Huray.

Or what about a gps chip implanted in your body? THey can see when you go to toilet.

They can make it official for all aliens living in Thailand, otherwise no more visa. Huray !

Racism? No just be carefull with aliens, they are bad.

In meantime im reading how many aliens "commit suicide" (murdered by Thai) or even Thai families killing their relatives(Thai), setting them on fire, or cut off their dingeling.

IF you leave Thailand, other countries can lease the chip and watch you in their country, huray!

We are the borg, we will assimilate you, resistance is futile.

Do the Thai authoritys have the man power and money for enforcement of the "TM30" or is it a case of picking on a few foreigners in the hope others will be scared![emoji21] It's a tall order to take on board for anyone even if the online systems worked. In the business world its all about ROI (Return on Investment). Really cannot see any true benefit for the Thai Government enforcement of the "TM30" It's going to generate massive loses![emoji56]
There was a thread a while ago about whether the IO's can properly enforce it. They do not have a central database so if a hotel reports you as staying it will not come up on your file next time you visit immigration. Likewise I think that the hotel will report your arrival initially but if for example you extend your stay they will not necessarily report you again for each day you stay.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 8/29/2019 at 7:32 PM, My 2 cents said:

How to do if someone sleeps in 4 or 5 different places per week ? in different provinces as well ?
As per example tonight i sleep in Bangkok, tomorrow i have a seminar, tomorrow evening i visit my company in petchabury, then one day later back in Nakhon Pathom for 1 night, then travel to my home in Nong Khai and after the weekend return to Nakhom pathum , Petchabury , Lampang, Phrao, and so on...

Find another job, because you do know that you have to submit a TM30 every time you come back home. Or always stay at small hotels/guesthouses which doesn't report your stay. You will have problem with your Immigration office if you or your landlord doesn't submit the TM30 when coming back home after a trip.

On 8/29/2019 at 7:44 PM, jackdd said:

The hotels report you, nothing to do by you.

Only if you go to a place where you are the owner / housemaster / possessor you have to report yourself.

His problem is when he he comes back after every trip. Then someone has to report him. I don't think that person will like to visit Immigration every week, unless he can do it online.

On 8/29/2019 at 9:41 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

At 15:30, they're saying Thai Immigration has backtracked on the subject of expat condo owner reporting. According to these guys, after originally saying expat condo owners would not have to TM30 report themselves, these guys are saying Immigration is now saying yes, expat condo owners, must report arriving/staying at their own property.

If you are the owner of a condo, you are by law required to submit the TM30 yourself,in person or online. 

7 hours ago, Parsve said:

So you think that rules that you your self have no control or knowledge over, how they are interpreted by your local IO and could put you out of the country any day is ok? Up to you if you feel ok with that but for me it is a nightmare.

Who has been put out of the country due to Tm30 issues? I have not heard of this. I think you are being a worrywart. 

I know how my IO applies them, or did, it could change. 

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Who has been put out of the country due to Tm30 issues? I have not heard of this. I think you are being a worrywart. 

I know how my IO applies them, or did, it could change. 

Well as you can imagine, when that happens, you will not find out in advance. Just like most found out about TM30 when they were asked to pay fines.

For an article of a 1979 law that THEY never enforced before for 40 years. Breaking their own laws basically.

So what your IO is telling you today is valid for today, let's just understand that clearly.

In China, for a "more major" address registration violation, you are not entitled for a 144 hour transit visa anymore, for example. And so on.

14 minutes ago, lkv said:

1. Well as you can imagine, when that happens, you will not find out in advance. Just like most found out about TM30 when they were asked to pay fines.

2. For an article of a 1979 law that THEY never enforced before for 40 years. Breaking their own laws basically.

3. So what your IO is telling you today is valid for today, let's just understand that clearly.

4. In China, for a "more major" address registration violation, you are not entitled for a 144 hour transit visa anymore, for example. And so on.

1) I believe the law only allows for a fine for non compliance, but I wouldn't do it on a regular basis.

2) Not enforcing a law is not breaking it.

3) Yes, my IO stated their position in the past, and it did not require a TM30 from me if I traveled. This did not match the written regulations though, so I expect it could change, especially if it is seen as a revenue source.

4) That is China, I would not want to live there anyhow.

23 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

2) Not enforcing a law is not breaking it.

Well, I guess you are right about that technically. It's the foreigner's fault for not complying, even if the IO advised him wrongly in the past. The foreigner should have insisted for the IO to follow the law. Then the foreigner would not have had to accidentally fork out money for non compliance not required. But as a matter of fact, it was always required.

You see, "it's an old law".

They should have had at least a grace period while their Chinese undergraduate IT staff were /are playing with their apps and systems.

But why not do some immediate money grab, refill the coffers?

That smells like extortion to me.

Not to even mention the landlord. The landlord would not have had to fork out money technically, if the landlord was not required by Immigration to comply.

"4) That is China, I would not want to live there anyhow."

Fast forward a few years, people might be saying that about Thailand also.

Archived