Krungthai, BBL, TMB top mobile banking woes

Krungthai, BBL, TMB top mobile banking woes

By The Nation

800_f74326b9c55c064.jpeg

Siritida

The Bank of Thailand has assessed the quality of electronic banking services in the second quarter of this year as part of its efforts to protect consumer interest and to ensure bank clients will be updated with the latest  information timely in the event of a system failure, said Siritida Panomwon Na Ayudhya, assistance governor, on Friday. 

Statistics provided by the payment system and financial technology group of the central bank are as follows:

In mobile banking services, state-owned Krungthai Bank (KTB) experienced 7 times of system failure; Bangkok Bank (BBL) 5 times; TMB 4 times; CIMB Thai and Thanachart,  2 times each;  and Tisco 1 time.

In internet banking, BBL and KTB had 2 rounds of system error each while TMB and Thanachart reported 1 time each.

For ATM and CDM(cash deposit machine), Krungsri and TMB  suffered two glitch each compared to 1 time each at  BBL, KTB, Thanachart and Thai Credit Retail.

For system trouble at bank branch, KTB, TMB and Thanachart all experienced 1 time each.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30375646

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-31

Thank goodness we can still keep cash in our pockets to tide us over times when the increasingly complex and vulnerable electronic banking systems go awry.

Now. . . consider what is going to happen when Thailand goes cashless, which is the government's stated intention.

Having money in one's pocket gives us a measure of freedom and independence When it is all held as digital code on bank computers and only available with their consent, we will truly all be debt slaves.

Edited by Krataiboy

8 hours ago, kevinmartyn said:

This is so funny. I have A BBL debit card which is NOT accepted in United Kingdom, UAE and several EU countries! I went to Sala dang to complain but neved got an answer apart from "we cannot understand" 555

I would guess that this debit card is a Union Pay... and therefore not yet accepted very good outside Asia. There are some places mainly tourist spots which accepts Union Pay already. I saw them in Las Vegas and some places in Switzerland.

• Thanks 1

The computers at the bbl branches are often 30 years old, but using a Unix system..might actually be safer than IP.  You just don't see much amber monochrome nowadays.  

The real issue should be, who has the sexiest bank tellers.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, moontang said:

The computers at the bbl branches are often 30 years old, but using a Unix system..might actually be safer than IP.  You just don't see much amber monochrome nowadays.  

The real issue should be, who has the sexiest bank tellers.

Or should that be 'most obliging' in all meanings of the word?

2 minutes ago, NE1 said:

I have never been able to use a debit card overseas from Bangkok bank whether it be visa or mastercard .

I tried to buy something from the UK yesterday using my BB debit Mastercard and payment was declined.

Just got confirmation that the passport office was able to used my BBL card back in the UK for my passport renewal.