Rejected from Thailand at Don Muang

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Stop. Read response from experts like elvijero and others. Disregard the law about unlimited visa exempt via air. Fact is you could do that years ago. No you get away with maybe 6 months doing that back to back. 

The law is the law least we live in jungles. Here is one reason the law is not being followed. There must be just cause to deny entry, 10,000 baht for exempt entry. why do you think detainees are coerced into signing papers? Failing to pay Bribes or tips is not just cause, nor does it warrant a slap in the face. This country is being dragged through the gutter. Most have the sense to move to Vietnam or other countries.  

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1121006-almost-denied-at-suvarnabhumi-airport/page/2/#comments

• Sad 1

Just now, Isaanbiker said:

What would you think if I'd call you a fag? 

I doubt the guy was calling her a lesbian to her face, but for some reason(s) referring to her that way in his post. Quite different and also not the subject of the thread.

2 hours ago, wreckingcountry said:

The OP would do well not to waste time asking TV users for advice ! It’s clear what will happen

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Yep, sometimes it's like dinging the bell in the square ring.

15 hours ago, elviajero said:

No, but pointing out the bartenders (IO’s) sexual orientation is completely irrelevant. When people do that they expose their subconscious bigotry.

What if you were explaining which bartender you meant if there were more than one, would it be acceptable to say "the gay one", or would you have to describe him in detail, colour of hair etc, just to stay politically correct?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Seano88 said:

She called her lesbian manager over who was proper rude saying "you have been too many times and you're here to see your wife right?" 

How do you know her sexual preferences? Are you a homophobic?  It is not your country and why do you want to assert your privilege to enter a foreign country. 

Edited by onera1961
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, dbrenn said:

In referring to the official as a lesbian, the poster was merely referring to a distinguishing feature by which she could be recognised. 

555. How is sexual orientation a feature!

5 hours ago, dbrenn said:

Thai toms (many of whom are very nice) generally present in a certain way, same brusque manner, cropped haircuts and the like. To say merely that she was female with short hair would be ignoring a more distinguishing feature, just for the sake of daft and boring political correctness dogma.

So refer to her ‘tomboy’ features then. I know plenty of stunning lesbians. And I know a few heterosexual women that have short hair, and I’ve known some tomboy’s that aren’t gay.

2 hours ago, newatthis said:

Yep, sometimes it's like dinging the bell in the square ring.

You will be telling me we cant say we going to the "chinky" soon????

In the United Kingdom, chinky is a slang name for a Chinese takeaway restaurant or the meal that one buys from such a restaurant.

18 hours ago, overherebc said:

Question.

Wasn't the 180 day rule taken off the books years ago?

Answer.

Yes it was.

Question.

Why do they and posters still talk about it?

Answer.

You tell me!!!

Maybe because immigration officers still talk about it?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, overherebc said:

Question.

Wasn't the 180 day rule taken off the books years ago?

Answer.

Yes it was.

Question.

Why do they and posters still talk about it?

Answer.

You tell me!!!

90 days per 180 is the rule that was taken off the books years ago. In 2008.

180 days per year, has never been an official rule but we see many reports of IOs refusing people on that basis. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Your anger is a fault of your own doing, not immigrations.

Making assumptions and comments about a persons sexual orientation when they are doing their assigned duties, reflects on your values, biases, and intolerances.

O please, another new freak rule in the year 2019?
Just for your information: 98% of the world is straight, expecting straight people to think that the 2% is normal, with their dozens of nicknames, is rather strange.

Also, I will start using any of those things when I am angry, is got nothing to do with me when being relaxed, neither how I think.

Edited by tabarin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dbrenn said:

Thank God Thailand hasn't gone PC yet.

Yeah, you see, that lack of PC goes hand in hand with all the other human rights violations, so I hope people that enjoy the lack of PC in Thailand never bring human rights into discussion. "But my wife, but I have kids, but I have been here 20 years, but I need to do TM30, but why do they treat me like this."

Edited by lkv

31 minutes ago, lkv said:

Yeah, you see, that lack of PC goes hand in hand with all the other human rights violations, so I hope people that enjoy the lack of PC in Thailand never bring human rights into discussion. "But my wife, but I have kids, but I have been here 20 years, but I need to do TM30, but why do they treat me like this."

Living in Thailand, you've got to roll with the punches and use your ingenuity to get on top of things. It's a bit like life in general, and the thought never occurred to me to pretend to be a victim and bleat about my 'yuman rights'. Life isn't fair, and a bunch of bleeding heart lefties won't make it one bit more so by telling us what words, and trendy forms of address, are the latest fad of the day.

Safe spaces in the totalitarian western world - with all its thought policing and head banging liberals - await snowflakes who feel triggered by the delightfully conservative place that is Thailand. 

Edited by dbrenn
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Living in Thailand, you've got to roll with the punches and use your ingenuity to get on top of things.

Sure, some have a fetish of navigating through punches and abuses.

I don't. That's why I don't see Thailand as a future solution for later in life, since I am in my 30's.

Temporarily, as a playground. Maybe. As long as "you don't tink too mut".

If you want something more solid, PC comes with the territory.

But sure, everybody is different. ????

Edited by lkv

8 minutes ago, lkv said:

Sure, some have a fetish of navigating through punches and abuses.

I don't. That's why I don't see Thailand as a future solution for later in life, since I am in my 30's.

Temporarily, as a playground. Maybe. As long as "you don't tink too mut".

If you want something more solid, PC comes with the territory.

But sure, everybody is different. ????

It all depends what you want out of life. If you're in your 30's then who can blame you for wanting to explore some more? I did, and I've found that Thailand really isn't that bad.

TM30 sucks, I'll grant you that, but it might be scrapped sooner or later, and there are lots of upsides to living in Thailand too.

Edited by dbrenn

4 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

How many threads are you on. I thought you said you were no longer in Thailand.

Currently about seven (I think), that I follow and get notifications. I did not follow more today yet, I need to see what's new. ????

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1