Almost denied at Suvarnabhumi airport

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Just quoting stats. So many trolls reporting IO screaming.
.. You go we not want you here..what total complete nonsense!

it not nonsense, i heard similar and worse more than once ...
It been going on for years but only just got constantly bad at bkk airports over last 18 months .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BuckBee said:

it not nonsense, i heard similar and worse more than once ...
It been going on for years but only just got constantly bad at bkk airports over last 18 months .

There is no denial of that, the best stories are built around true and credible events.

It's the scale of it I am trying to work out, and that's what is prone to easily being distorted .

Again, not suggesting people don't get rejected. I have seen them take a guy with my own eyes at DMK about a year ago. Not sure if he got rejected or what happened after, but they took him from the desk and walked him somewhere else.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, lkv said:

Right. So I'd rather be skeptical than naive. Not saying you are, so don't misunderstand what I am saying. It's safer for me not to believe all I read and to question, even though some may find it offensive. Otherwise, I risk getting a distorted picture. And it affects decisions.

Yes indeed and not just about reading. I think first radar for foreigners here is derived from the nefarious bar girl stories and scene. Taking that for face value is a no no, and then also learning or realizing that it is not actually a smile, but is really maybe a conditioned mouth positioning to resemble a smile. Smirk now is what I see before that of sayin - ok, it's authentic and a real smle

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lkv said:

There is no denial of that, the best stories are built around true and credible events.

It's the scale of it I am trying to work out, and that's what is prone to easily being distorted .

Again, not suggesting people don't get rejected. I have seen them take a guy with my own eyes at DMK about a year ago. Not sure if he got rejected or what happened after, but they took him from the desk and walked him somewhere else.

I got taken aside to a side desk once. I opened my phone and showed some of my friends on Facebook and LINE and told they were expecting to see me.

They acquiesced to my polite requests.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, bigginhill said:

You showed them you had Thai friends waiting for you? On line and facebook, and that resolved the entry? Not sure that I understand why that works 

Yeah, it should work when you happen to know someone more relevant, and quote their name. Especially some Police General Colonel something. Or others in higher places, business people etc. That's what he likely meant.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, lkv said:

Yeah, it should work when you happen to know someone more relevant, and quote their name. Especially some Police General Colonel something. Or others in higher places. That's what he likely meant.

Thereabouts...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, NightSky said:

Why won’t you give details. Is it because the worry free entry is to show the correct visa and passport.

Because talking too much on TV usually burn these opportunities and it's not my business. I have the correct visa but the reason I was quoted 3500 is that obviously someone I know is pocketing 500. 

I don't think they will let you in if you can't in theory. I guess you need at least to be eligible for VE or have a tourist visa. 

BTW the same thing is going on at some embassy to get visa without denial. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Martyp said:

First of all you have a long history of travel here so you should carry the 20,000 baht so that is not an issue. I'm sure you can find a way to carry it on your person safely. 

Second, it looks bad to say you are a tourist but you are renting a place to stay and have a landlady who knows all about you. It makes you look like you are living here rather than being a tourist. 

I know a tourist who has bought a  condo here, they come every 2-3  months they have BIG  jobs in London, Vice Presidents of a  major bank, they help children's  homes here a  LOT.

So they buy a Thai condo bringing money into Thailand and help a children's  home with large contributions at least 4 times per year as they themselves never to have children, they also travel extensively and stay in expensive hotels. 

Thais are nuts to turn  these  people away. 

Wonder what work they think these people are  possibly doing? as let's  be honest nosey Thais would report anything if they saw a foreigner working out in the open.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, lkv said:

If i create a new username and a sad story within the next 30 minutes, will you feel compassionate for me?

The other one on the DMK drama thread claims he's British, 32. Have you looked at his English?

As far as I'm concerned I don't  care if true or not, what it  will do is  raise the issue in foreign press  hopefully and  maybe Thailand will sit  up and notice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lkv said:

To  that easypay room.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

It's an ENGLISH forum.

Thailand for years, yes and  never had a problem, but NOW things are changing.

Rarely  posting again, maybe they have nothing else to complain about and inf fact like/liked Thailand  thinking this sort of behaviour was previously isolated or nonsense until it  happened to them, 

Many UK residents cannot speak English at  all especially before the introduction of the newish  rules for residency, especially some older Pakistanis, I have friends  whose parents  came h to the UK and don't  speak any English, doesn't make them  bad and they contributed a lot to the UK.

Good. I hope I get to see also the NTL stamp and the other one that says he is not entitled to visa exempt anymore 

So i hope he is kind enough to come back and share them.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, lkv said:

Good. I hope I get to see also the NTL stamp and the other one that says he is not entitled to visa exempt anymore 

So i hope he is kind enough to come back and share them.

As is  often the case ,many interesting stories are not  followed up, just  like Thai Visas reporting  of  cases regarding many other non immigration related  things, we never get to see the outcome months later.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Martyp said:

First of all you have a long history of travel here so you should carry the 20,000 baht so that is not an issue. I'm sure you can find a way to carry it on your person safely.

He stated he had 700 $US, which is 20,000 baht equivalent. You should read carefully before giving instruction. 

• Like 1

Just now, gunderhill said:

As is  often the case ,many interesting stories are not  followed up, just  like Thai Visas reporting  of  cases regarding many other non immigration related  things, we never get to see the outcome months later.

Ok well then we'll just wait for more reports to substantiate things and not just believe stamps indicating no more visa exempt without enough evidence.

Based on one report, of one new poster, claiming he's British.

Sounds fair?