TM 30

OP, you need do nothing unless you need to attend immigration.

As I understand it Jomtien for one example do not require tm30 for annual extension for your permission of stay. Strangely they require it for 30 day extension to visa exempt and tourist visas. CW require it for both. Go figure. You do not fill in tm30 when you arrive in Thailand. You fill in tm6 (arrival/departure card). 

By the "law" you would be required to fill in tm30 when you return to your condo. However that depends on imm office and your next extension visit to imm.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

As I understand it Jomtien for one example do not require tm30 for annual extension for your permission of stay. Strangely they require it for 30 day extension to visa exempt and tourist visas. CW require it for both. Go figure. You do not fill in tm30 when you arrive in Thailand. You fill in tm6 (arrival/departure card). 

By the "law" you would be required to fill in tm30 when you return to your condo. However that depends on imm office and your next extension visit to imm.

Thanks for your feedback, why don,t they get you to fill out TM 30 on arrival at airport, its so confusing, i have been coming to Thailand for the past 20 years and never done.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So you are saying if you exit the country and return with the same address as the completed TM.6 you do not need to do another TM.30? This would be for Bangkok, Chaengwattana  

Edited by Solinvictus

35 minutes ago, boonthai said:

Thanks for your feedback, why don,t they get you to fill out TM 30 on arrival at airport, its so confusing, i have been coming to Thailand for the past 20 years and never done.

Because it’s not for the visitor to complete the TM.30. It is for someone at the first and all subsequent addresses you stay at to report your arrival/stay using the TM.30.

The visitor submits a TM.6 on arrival with the first address they will be staying at.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

So you are saying if you exit and return with the same address as the completed TM.6 you do not need to do another TM.30?  Hmmm

That applies to some imm office. In the OP case I made assumption he returned to his condo direct after arriving bkk. Also going on op owning own condo made assumption he is on extensions. OP could provide more info.

In most imm office he would need to file tm30. My post was more about which imm office he deals with. He mentioned Pattaya but not sure where he applies for his annual extension. As for myself CW, I plan file tm30 just after my last trip away via mail. I also will take cash with me when my extension due for the blood sucking Thai imm fine.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

So you are saying if you exit and return with the same address as the completed TM.6 you do not need to do another TM.30?  Hmmm

I did not explain clearly last quote to you. For people here on annual extensions ie retirement.... Then returning to same address as per their extensions. Meaning have not changed since last extension, they are not being asked for tm30. Some offices do some don't. That's where some confusion exists.

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I did not explain clearly last quote to you. For people here on annual extensions ie retirement.... Then returning to same address as per their extensions. Meaning have not changed since last extension, they are not being asked for tm30. Some offices do some don't. That's where some confusion exists.

Thanks. But I'm still just not sure. Being on a ME Non-O, not a retirement visa, I'm wondering if can file the TM28 at my local police station when I return from outside the country. Or if a TM30 is needed each time? I fill out the TM6 with my same address previously filed for the TM30. Yeah it's for Chaengwattana .

Really, wish they can be clearer and more uniform about such gov related requirements. ????

Edited by Solinvictus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, boonthai said:

A TM 30 cannot be done at the airport because it reports your presence at your abode,  how can that be done before you arrive there? 

Edited by tgeezer
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

So you are saying if you exit the country and return with the same address as the completed TM.6 you do not need to do another TM.30? This would be for Bangkok, Chaengwattana  

In Bangkok CW, I believe you file a TM30 if you enter the country because you have a new TM6. I’m not sure about travel within Thailand.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Martyp said:

In Bangkok CW, I believe you file a TM30 if you enter the country because you have a new TM6. I’m not sure about travel within Thailand.

There must be over a hundred threads on here about people being fined after not reporting back from travel within Thailand and completing a TM30. 

And yet you are still not sure.

boonthai if you are staying at your own condo and have no need to visit immigration during your stay in Pattaya then you will not need to fill in a TM30. 

I'm sure you could better enjoy the time rather than hanging around an immigration office.

You will not be checked for TM30 reports when you leave the country, so why bother.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Martyp said:

Because each office is a little bit different. There must be a 100 threads about that too.

There is but you mentioned CW which has been mentioned hundreds of times as wanting a TM30 when you return From in country travel. 

Slowly slowly .

2 hours ago, Martyp said:

If the TM6 has the same registered address as your previously completed TM30?  Still need to do a TM30 upon arrival?

Secondly, what about just doing a TM28 and reporting at the police station, would that be accepted upon return?

For Chaengwattana. 

CW's call center (1111) is excellent! Highly recommend it for clearing things up! Try it! I just did. Her English was pretty good.

Regarding my previous questions in this thread, they told me yeah, a TM30 must be completed again upon arrival from outside (I just wanted to confirm, thanks @DrJack54 for your previous comments)  the country and that going to the police station is only if CW is closed. I was hoping I could do a TM28 and/or give my TM30 to the nearby police station but, no.

15 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

If the TM6 has the same registered address as your previously completed TM30?  Still need to do a TM30 upon arrival?

Secondly, what about just doing a TM28 and reporting at the police station, would that be accepted upon return?

For Chaengwattana. 

Technically you're supposed to complete a TM30 at your local immigration office as well as the TM6 at the airport when arriving in Thailand but conventional wisdom seems to be only do the TM30 if you've got something else to do at immigration 

a TM28 is to change your registered (via a previous TM28) address so is not the same as the TM30 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

For Chaengwattana. 

The TM6 has it's own number and that changes when you get a new TM6 hence the need to update the TM30 even if you are returning to your same address. 

What I hear about TM28 is that it is filed when you do something like move to a new condo or move to a new city. I've never filed one. I assume my landlord did it 3 years ago. I don't know and I've never been asked. I am applying for another 1 year extension in November. I guess I will find out.

You are supposed to go to the nearest Immigration office for Immigration matters but what is "nearest".? Obviously some people live far away and it would be more convenient to report to the closer police station. I think, like Immigration offices, it varies whether or not you can report to a police office. You really need to ask each place what is the proper procedure is for you. Once you have that information you have what you need to know for future travel.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

Within, you need to do the TM28

My landlady filed a TM30 in May. I went to Pattaya early August and did not file anything upon my return. This month I will go to the USA and when I return I will file a TM30. A few weeks later I will apply for another 1 year extension. So it will be interesting, at that time, if they detect the Pattaya trip. If they do then I will pay the fine and I can quiz them on TM30 for internal travel and maybe ask about TM28. I usually go to CW prepared for anything.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Martyp said:

I went to Pattaya early August and did not file anything upon my return. This month I will go to the USA and when I return I will file a TM30. A few weeks later I will apply for another 1 year extension. So it will be interesting, at that time, if they detect the Pattaya trip. If they do then I will pay the fine and I can quiz them on TM30 for internal travel and maybe ask about TM28. I usually go to CW prepared for anything.

Immigration would not know about your trip to Pattaya unless you stayed in a hotel and etc that reported you.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

@Martyp Yeah that would be interesting. As I mentioned in a previous post, you may want to call the immigration call center for any questions/concerns.

I’m not worried about it. I can pay the fine. I will have the TM30 from my return from the US at the end of September. I plan to apply for the extension in mid-October though my current extension doesn’t end until late November. I should have time to deal with any issues that come up.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

Jomtien immigration told me only to do one after an international arrival or change of address. They seem pretty pragmatic about it. Better check what your local IO requires to be safe.

• Like 1

Jomtien immigration told me only to do one after an international arrival or change of address. They seem pretty pragmatic about it. Better check what your local IO requires to be safe.
When did they say that?
If you're a condo owner reporting yourself does anyone know what documents you need to bring?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

Within, you need to do the TM28

The TM28 is for reporting a permanent address change.

Going on holiday for a weekend and then back to your home address isn't a permanent change of address.

If you have no idea what you are talking about, please don't.

• Like 1