A real pub with a real selection of beers

sunnyboy2018

ha ha you are just trying to reassure YOURSELF you made the right move, going back to the UK, Summer over already only rain, frost, and snow for you my man until next march, typing this by my pool, i wont bore you with the  cost of living in the UK, i have done this elsewhere

• Haha 1

On 9/3/2019 at 4:59 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Whats your point?.... so you can find decent beer back in the UK pubs.

You can also find very decent beer at many of the Tap-houses in Bangkok - its just expensive, perhaps as expensive to UK beer as UK restaurants are to restaurants in Thailand.

Pro-'s and cons...  The Hophead looks like it could be a good one.

Taylors LANDLORD, theakstons, and sam smiths are great beers from where i come from and Tetleys bitter....websters from Halifax are not too bad....

On 9/3/2019 at 9:03 AM, DannyCarlton said:

Here's a bar in Bangkok.

Has a range of craft beers and guest ales on tap. Also has draught Stella and Paulaner which my local in the UK has but your's doesn't seem to have.

Also has great ribs, smoked on the premises in a smoker imported from the USA.

If you are relocating to the UK, I suggest Lancashire or Yorkshire, you'll never find a decent pint anywhere near London.

IMG_E2045.thumb.JPG.4f6f7a29293f4ed0895c1615b888aec9.JPG498515205_BarFirstfloor3.thumb.jpg.7d7bc7410eda3112c345069993a3ca01.jpg 

How do the barmaids in your local compare to these?

12107042_10154087100177612_142722232397026122_n.jpg.622905f2123edfe9786a8f2c324a0a64.jpg

Is this pub located in the street adjoining (before) Soi Cowboy?

51 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Well lad tha mucked that up reet propa like.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

You canna beat a pint a Boddies.

Used to drink nothing else in my youth, when it was brewed at Strangeways. Bought out by one of the conglomerates and now brewed in S. Wales. Nothing like the original.

Happy memories. A pair of teenage identical twins, the three of us consuming many pints of Boddies in the local pigeon fanciers pub and off to snuggle down with them in their double bed. Those were the days.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 5:40 AM, jastheace said:

the 'Brixton' one could be a bit fiery.

seriously though, all the time I am here, I can put up with the local 'pish' thank you. when I go back home, LONDON PRIDE everyday... mmmmm...

One of my regular pubs has London Pride and Black Cab on draft. The other one, just a couple of clicks away has Old Speckled Hen and Guinness, East Coast IPA, Magners, Asahi, Jakobi Weissbier Hell among about a dozen others on tap. This is up in that parochial, provincial backwater of Udon. Apparently the other nbight, one of the English regulars got all slappy with another English regular so despite the distance between the OP's fine pubs and mine, it seems that the English p!sshead travels just as well as their beer.

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Not into coffee and cakes but if i was I would not base what country i want to live in on it. That would suggest a serious problem of addiction to coffee and cakes if i let it rule my life like that. 

But there are a lot of people on this forum that cry murder every time a non alcohol day is announced so your not alone with your obsession about alcohol. As long as your happy and it does not destroy your body all the power to you. 

What obsession?

...and it really depends what's in the cakes IMHO.

47 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

One of my regular pubs has London Pride and Black Cab on draft. The other one, just a couple of clicks away has Old Speckled Hen and Guinness, East Coast IPA, Magners, Asahi, Jakobi Weissbier Hell among about a dozen others on tap. This is up in that parochial, provincial backwater of Udon. Apparently the other nbight, one of the English regulars got all slappy with another English regular so despite the distance between the OP's fine pubs and mine, it seems that the English p!sshead travels just as well as their beer.

Where's that then Nan?

On 9/3/2019 at 4:40 AM, sunnyboy2018 said:

A good range Real beers  Ale, Cider and lager, all in one pub, alas not in Thailand.

So what?  In an English pub you find a good selection of "English" beers, what else would you expect, it's England. 

In Thailand you get a selection of the beers that are sold in Thailand, it's irrelevant that they may not be to your taste.  Does the English pub have any  beers from Thailand or the SE Asia region that visitors to England may find more to their taste?  I doubt it.

• Confused 1