Yamaha Nouvo Or Honda Air Blade?

The single lever brake applies the brakes on the front and the back at the same time.

Reading online promo literature, I see that the bike also has the "regular" front brake handle on the right, in addition to that "single brake lever" on the left. What's the intent? To regularly use only the left handle? Or to still use both brake handles in tandem? If the former, when would you use the right handle? If the latter, what's the purpose/benefit of both brakes being applied via the left handle if you're also using the right handle?

It's so you can talk on the phone at the same time..

:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Airblade's enough bike for Pattaya. But I've driven the new 135 c.c. Elegance and it's definitely got noticeably more power than my 113 c.c. Nouvo. The liquid cooling also makes it quieter, not that the 113 c.c. model is all that objectionable. Still, we are talking 8.9 horsepower for the old model versus 11.2 for the new model, good for a 26 % increase in power. And mine does a fine job the way it is.

The Air Blade getting the fuel injection the lesser models has is a given. Yamaha matching Honda here is also a foregone conclusion particularly in light of the Yamaha Spark already having it. But I'd think Honda needs to do even more to stay competitive with Yamaha which always seems to be one or two steps ahead when it comes to the automatics.

I agree that the current Airblade is more than enough for Pattaya. In fact, I don't see adding fuel injection as being that valuable. Honda claims it will increase the power and fuel economy by 15%. I'm not sure of the specs, but I believe that still gives it less power than the Nouvo 135. I use about 150 baht in fuel per week. That means the FI will save me less than 23 baht per week. So if it costs 5,000 baht to add FI, it will take over 4 years to pay for itself. It does also make it easier to start, so I'd probably pay the extra 5K, but I'd much rather buy the Nouvo 135 w/out FI (especially since it should cost less) than an Airblade with. Personally, I like the Airblade Phoenix Edition in red best.

well i've got 2 airblades 2008, 2009, and the only thing I dont like like is the small 14" wheels and the 100kph limit (I think in the electronics). I rented a 2007 model and could go 110kph easy all the way from Phang Nga to Puket town.

ANyhow for the 2008 I bought a larger cylinder, piston, head w/bigger valves, different cam, different CDI, bigger carburetor, and full exhaust system.

My local honda shop is doing the work now and I'll let you know how it goes. WHen it's done, I'm looking at the Gazi front forks and new internals (if there are any parts that wear in there) and YSS compression/rebound adjustable shocks. I had the Gazi 3000B ones before and theyre better but not that big of a deal. They arent adjustable for compression/rebound. I had a 300mm front rotor but it wasn't flat ! and so I had to get rid of it.

Does anyone know where I can buy a 'real' 300mm FLAT rotor? I was also told I could change the gearing but need more info, whether it's inside the case or part of the v-belt and hub system.

I can lock up the rear brake now thanks to getting rid of the combi system.

Jeff

Chiang mai

• 9 months later...

Hiya guys,

Yamaha Nouvo MX 125 Automatic: -

I want to perform some routine maintenance on my motorbike. I want to lubricate the chain and all other moving parts, plus i would like to change the oil myself.

My problem is that i am a novice and i would like to know how on earth to locate a user/maintenance manual online to show me what and how to do it all.

I'll be honest with you, it looks like a simple enough job but i struggled to locate the dipstick :)

My question is: Does anyone know how i can get a maintenance manual or does anyone have any info they can post online on ThaiVisa to help me perform some routine maintenance?

Cheers