Opponents of 'no-deal' Brexit defeat PM Johnson, who promises an election

webfact

7 minutes ago, Forethat said:

So what you're saying is that you lot have managed to fight off the will of the people? In addition, you're blaming the people for your interference. Cute.

Was it Jack Sparrow or a Limp Remainer who once said: "“I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest"

Outrageous! We'd never steal Boris Cummings' catchphrase.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Image result for best post  trophy

I'm with the leavers.  When I don't know where I am going, I carry on, hoping the road is going to go somewhere.   I might from time to time look at a map, but I don't pay them much heed, and I would certainly never listen to my wife, as women have no sense of direction, nor ask a stranger.  Luckily, so far, I've always been able to make a U-turn (or at least a 3-point turn - or 11 points...) when I've reached an impasse.

I am sure, like Napoleon, Boris won't want to embark on the long road back from Moscow, but sometimes we have no choice.  (That was two analogies, by the way).

SC

5 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I'm with the leavers.  When I don't know where I am going, I carry on, hoping the road is going to go somewhere.   I might from time to time look at a map, but I don't pay them much heed, and I would certainly never listen to my wife, as women have no sense of direction, nor ask a stranger.  Luckily, so far, I've always been able to make a U-turn (or at least a 3-point turn - or 11 points...) when I've reached an impasse.

I am sure, like Napoleon, Boris won't want to embark on the long road back from Moscow, but sometimes we have no choice.  (That was two analogies, by the way).

SC

Off you go then good luck on your journey.

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

10 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

SC

So even if you are completely lost with no idea of where you are going, you would rather remain lost and 'hope for the best' rather than take some guidance from someone who can help you get where you need to go?

Got to love you Brexit guys. 

7 hours ago, sandyf said:

If you really knew what you were voting for you would know that SMEs are the largest employer in the UK.

The usual definition of small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) is any business with fewer than 250 employees. There were 5.7 million SMEs in the UK in 2018, which was over 99% of all businesses.

HOC BRIEFING PAPER Number 06152, 12 December 2018

Thanks for the valuable information SF.

But could you now please explain how knowing what SMEs are would influence how someone votes. 

The way I'm reading your post you're asserting that had I known what an SME was I may have voted differently. Am I correct?

5 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

So by your own admission you worked 'cash in hand' which means you definitely didn't pay tax or NI. Were you also claiming benefits at the same time?

You have an issue with foreigners taking your job...... your black market job? The job that encourages people to defraud the tax man and possibly the benefits system?

I have no sympathy for you. If your job was so low skilled that any Johnny Foreigner could come and take it so easily from you then you only have yourself to blame.

But as we have seen so many times from your posts, that doesn't stop you blaming everyone else BUT yourself does it?   

The fellow we worked for paid our tax and NI.

And incidentally I've never requested your sympathy nor can you point to any of my posts in which I have.

And the only people I blamed or I take issue with for what happened were the politicians who opened the gates to millions of cheap workers which was a policy pioneered by your Tony Blair.

In many peoples' opinion a politician's first duty is to all the citizens of his country not just making sure there is an abundance of cheap labour so businessmen can make bigger profits.

It was immigration that determined the outcome of the referendum not sovereignty. People whose livelihood is threatened could not care less about other issues.

2 hours ago, yogi100 said:

The fellow we worked for paid our tax and NI.

Here in the UK that is known as being paid in cash.

Here in the UK being paid cash in hand means being paid in cash without the deduction of tax and NICs. Also known in the building trades as working on the lump. Not necessarily illegal, provided the person concerned was registered self employed and paying the required tax and NICs. But usually used as a means of evading both.

18 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Another car crash from Emily Thornbury:

Car crash?

If so, it was Piers Morgan driving the car! Trying to do a Paxman and failing miserably; despite, or because of, the interruptions and laughter from the ineffective Reid.

There is no reason why a Labour government cannot negotiate a deal with the EU and then put that deal to the people, with some labour MPs campaigning for Brexit with that deal and others campaigning to remain in the EU. I've no time for Corbyn, but in this he is treating his MPs as individuals with their own consciences rather than the Boris/Cummings position of treating them as children to be punished for not doing as they're told!

As for what Corbyn said last June; most Remainers agreed with him then; I did. There was a referendum, we lost, move forward. But since then the antics of people who put personal profit above the country, like Rees-Mogg, plus the discovery of the illegal practices of the leave campaign made me change my mind.

Morgan, like many here, needs reminding that had Rees-Mogg, his ERG and others not stopped it, Brexit would have happened last March.

Still, aint YouTube wonderful? It means you can remember the name of the programme this time!

3 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Thanks for the valuable information SF.

But could you now please explain how knowing what SMEs are would influence how someone votes. 

The way I'm reading your post you're asserting that had I known what an SME was I may have voted differently. Am I correct?

Perhaps had you known the full effects of Brexit on the UK's economy rather than just the pie in the sky promises of Cummings, maybe you'd have thought a bit more before casting your vote.

4 hours ago, Forethat said:

So what you're saying is that you lot have managed to fight off the will of the people? In addition, you're blaming the people for your interference. Cute.

Who do you mean by 'you lot?'

Must be Rees-Mogg, his ERG and others who put personal gain and ambition before the country. Had they put the country first, we would have left the EU last March.

5 hours ago, Forethat said:

Was it Jack Sparrow or a Limp Remainer who once said: "“I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest"

Sounds like something Boris would say. Maybe Disney pinched it off him.

Probably housing benefit as well - I know of a casual brickie who did cash in hand for 10 years whilst having housing benefit and claimed a bad back to get disability benefit. Had a council flat and spent three months every winter in Thailand with his girlfriend(s) at the age of 65 got a full state pension. English, racist  and white as well. Probably a Leave voter as well. 

I think I know him. He was definitely a rabid Remainer. Not around Thailand anymore though, the exchange got him in the end.

11 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Perhaps had you known the full effects of Brexit on the UK's economy rather than just the pie in the sky promises of Cummings, maybe you'd have thought a bit more before casting your vote.

What exactly are these full effects of Brexit on the UK's economy you've just mentioned.

Do you mean like people losing their jobs, getting in work benefits, having zero hours contracts and the introduction of food banks. Are they some of these effects?

12 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Here in the UK that is known as being paid in cash.

Here in the UK being paid cash in hand means being paid in cash without the deduction of tax and NICs. Also known in the building trades as working on the lump. Not necessarily illegal, provided the person concerned was registered self employed and paying the required tax and NICs. But usually used as a means of evading both.

So now UK self-employed in your opinion are crooks....You really are something..

12 hours ago, 7by7 said:

And you know the "full" effects on the UK economy....?

Naaaah, as usual you are spouting what's going round and round in your gray cells. Nobody knows what the future holds, but you probably have a secret aid eh......ball.gif.f3cb6f8777cda71e7b38437d0ce59b04.gif

4 minutes ago, transam said:

So now UK self-employed in your opinion are crooks....You really are something..

He's never done a hard days work in his life yet knows all about those of us who have.

He's the sort who'd never dream of giving a bit of work to an Englishman while there are Eastern Europeans about especially if they'll do it cheaper which is why they want us to stay in their precious EU.

7 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

He's never done a hard days work in his life yet knows all about those of us who have.

He's the sort who'd never dream of giving a bit of work to an Englishman while there are Eastern Europeans about especially if they'll do it cheaper which is why they want us to stay in their precious EU.

Yeh, and all those religious friends running curry shops, cash work, are all incredibly decent chaps with incredibly wonderful account books...Bwaaaah.

27 minutes ago, transam said:

So you're equating cash in hand with being self employed. On top of that, he stated " Not necessarily illegal, provided the person concerned was registered self employed and paying the required tax and NICs. But usually used as a means of evading both. " See the words 'not illegal' and registered self employed'.

You really are something.

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So you're equating cash in hand with being self employed. On top of that, he stated " Not necessarily illegal, provided the person concerned was registered self employed and paying the required tax and NICs. But usually used as a means of evading both. " See the words 'not illegal' and registered self employed'.

You really are something.

So what about..."But usually used as a means of evading both".....

I was self employed for decades and I don't like the sentence that you feel is OK...

Archived