Opponents of 'no-deal' Brexit defeat PM Johnson, who promises an election

webfact

Just now, yogi100 said:

How would a 'Brit' or even a Russian who has never had any business experience know that.

You only know it because you just googled it like I just did.  You did not have a clue before.

"SME stands for Small to Medium Enterprise. However, what exactly an SME or Small to Medium Enterprise depends on who's doing the defining. Depending on the country, the size of the enterprise can be categorized based on the number of employees, annual sales, assets, or any combination of these."

I can assur you that I didn't need to google it. Also never owned or worked for an SME. Unlike you by the sound of your tale of woe.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I can assur you that I didn't need to google it. Also never owned or worked for an SME. Unlike you by the sound of your tale of woe.

If you've never owned or worked for an SME how do you know what it is?

7 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

What 'tale of woe'?

The tale of your job loss. BTW As someone who has sat in on several industrial tribunals and helped to prepare for them, I can tell you that, had you worked for the company for more than 2 years you would have been entitled to the statutory redunancy package and, if you could prove that your job had been taken by someone working for half the money, you would have had an excellent case for unfair dismissal.

On 9/8/2019 at 7:05 PM, aright said:

What part of "It's called politics" don't you understand? Of course I can't give you an example of the mass expulsion of party members before...it hasn't happened ……….....On what grounds do you feel that should be precluded now though? What have these disingenuous people achieved in over 3 years?

The EU is now in collusion with the Remainers in Parliament to replace the U.K. government without a General Election with their plan for a Government of National “Remain” Unity.

They succeeded in Italy and Greece.

They must not succeed in the U.K. it would be shameful!

What the Government rebels don't understand is that, in taking away the Government's will they are killing the one positive, hopeful, development to have appeared on the scene since the Referendum. The majority of MP's are for Remain, to them, what the British People want is unimportant. They have sacrificed our independence on the altar of do nothing, just try to get in the way...…....a gross act of stupidity. Good Riddance!

Looking at many of your posts, I am not sure I can educate you about anything but I will ask you 2 questions.

How often in the history of British Politics have the Leaders of the main opposition parties refused an opportunity for a General Election?

It wouldn't be Politics would it?

Paranoia is at once its own worst enemy and its only friend

https://news.sky.com/story/live-johnson-meets-irish-pm-ahead-of-second-push-for-snap-general-election-11805412

Breaking

LIVE: Queen approves law blocking no-deal Brexit on 31 October

Legislation blocking a no-deal Brexit on 31 October becomes law - hours before parliament is set to be suspended for five weeks.

9 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

The tale of your job loss. BTW As someone who has sat in on several industrial tribunals and helped to prepare for them, I can tell you that, had you worked for the company for more than 2 years you would have been entitled to the statutory redunancy package and, if you could prove that your job had been taken by someone working for half the money, you would have had an excellent case for unfair dismissal.

We worked on a casual basis getting paid cash in hand as is often the procedure in the building trade.

Back then in 2004 such an arrangement was common and there was rarely any need of industrial tribunals. You went to work and when the work dried up you sought work elsewhere.

Casual workers are still often unofficially paid on the same basis. Courts do not take the side of such workers.

When you sat on a tribunal did you actually describe someone's losing their job as a 'tale of woe' directly to their face?

If not perhaps you should exercise the same discretion on here and similarly if circumstances prevail that bring you into direct contact with someone who's lost his livelihood.

You might think you're being smart but those who've lost their jobs will not if you attempt to mock them.

4 hours ago, yogi100 said:

We worked on a casual basis getting paid cash in hand as is often the procedure in the building trade.

Back then in 2004 such an arrangement was common and there was rarely any need of industrial tribunals. You went to work and when the work dried up you sought work elsewhere.

Casual workers are still often unofficially paid on the same basis. Courts do not take the side of such workers.

When you sat on a tribunal did you actually describe someone's losing their job as a 'tale of woe' directly to their face?

If not perhaps you should exercise the same discretion on here and similarly if circumstances prevail that bring you into direct contact with someone who's lost his livelihood.

You might think you're being smart but those who've lost their jobs will not if you attempt to mock them.

So people who don't pay their taxes?

17 hours ago, Bruntoid said:

But perfectly qualified for PM 

Qualified now to go around European countries and the USA who want to listen to the man say "order, order". He obviously has little man syndrome.

On sky news this morning his way of being the speaker was perfectly explained. He was supposed to be a cricket umpire but he has to be the first bowler and first batsman.

Very egotistical, bias and arrogantly rude. The HoC is better off without him.

2 hours ago, transam said:

An excellent discussion from down under which is right on the ball, watch it all, will be interested to hear remainer comments....????

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6083300781001

Of course there were just two words missing from the excellent discussion unbiased and how????

39 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Qualified now to go around European countries and the USA who want to listen to the man say "order, order". He obviously has little man syndrome.

On sky news this morning his way of being the speaker was perfectly explained. He was supposed to be a cricket umpire but he has to be the first bowler and first batsman.

Very egotistical, bias and arrogantly rude. The HoC is better off without him.

I am sure you wouldn't like to miss this quote …...????

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/09/bercow-begins-his-long-goodbye-by-inflicting-more-tory-turmoil

The lovefest had begun as a series of points of order, immediately after the Speaker had announced his intention to stand down at the end of parliamentary proceedings on 31 October – a statement that had not been well received on the government benches. Partly because it was clear John Bercow was planning on going out on a personal high by working flat out to prevent Boris Johnson from disobeying the law by taking the UK out of the EU with a no-deal Brexit.

But mainly because the Tories’ own cunning plan to remove the Speaker by breaking with convention and putting up a candidate against him at the next election was now toast. Classic Dom.

Just now, david555 said:

I am sure you wouldn't like to miss this quote …...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/09/bercow-begins-his-long-goodbye-by-inflicting-more-tory-turmoil

The lovefest had begun as a series of points of order, immediately after the Speaker had announced his intention to stand down at the end of parliamentary proceedings on 31 October – a statement that had not been well received on the government benches. Partly because it was clear John Bercow was planning on going out on a personal high by working flat out to prevent Boris Johnson from disobeying the law by taking the UK out of the EU with a no-deal Brexit.

But mainly because the Tories’ own cunning plan to remove the Speaker by breaking with convention and putting up a candidate against him at the next election was now toast. Classic Dom.

He should have gone years ago, but he is going anyway. I hope he gets what he deserves for his conduct to others. I am surprised he hasn't been thumped for the way he speaks to people. go and write lines out. Someone should have give him a slap but then again he is rather short and from behind mistaken for a child.

4 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

He should have gone years ago, but he is going anyway. I hope he gets what he deserves for his conduct to others. I am surprised he hasn't been thumped for the way he speaks to people. go and write lines out. Someone should have give him a slap but then again he is rather short and from behind mistaken for a child.

But it was rather touching to see Ian Blackford give him a big hug as Bercow left the chamber.

15 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

oh , now his time to travel around maybe the USA ..?...and give lectures how to run a parliament on a good pay ,and probably on a Lordship , and " paving the way" or " arrange"  the future one not to be a HOC puppet one ….

8 minutes ago, david555 said:

oh , now his time to travel around maybe the USA ..?...and give lectures how to run a parliament on a good pay ,and probably on a Lordship , and " paving the way" or " arrange"  the future one not to be a HOC puppet one ….

Or he has civil suits against him for bullying others at work showing him for what he is. Either way you have to say he is biased, egotistical and on that alone, should have not held the post for so long..

I wouldn't go and pay to see the man shouting order, order. I guess its only those daft enough to think he is interesting.

20 hours ago, yogi100 said:

If you've never owned or worked for an SME how do you know what it is?

If you really knew what you were voting for you would know that SMEs are the largest employer in the UK.

The usual definition of small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) is any business with fewer than 250 employees. There were 5.7 million SMEs in the UK in 2018, which was over 99% of all businesses.

HOC BRIEFING PAPER Number 06152, 12 December 2018

8 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Tissues please!!- I guess it's all a bit much for you to have to witness your cheerleaders fall apart in total humiliation. Don't worry, it would have happened anyway Bercow or no Bercow, he only made them look totally pathetic. 

Poor Boris "Just a few weeks ago, he’d been mistaken for a statesman of substance in his meetings with Emmanuel Macron and Angela Merkel, but in his press conference with Irish Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar, he had been exposed as a weak, incompetent, deceitful fraud. A prime minister so desperate for power he is not even trusted by his family or friends. A man of such needy narcissism that he can only say what he thinks his audience wants to hear and is crushed under his own contradictions." (From the article link posted before)

8 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Tissues please!!

Don't cry, I am sure your champion Bercow will enjoy his new fame

9 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Don't worry, it would have happened anyway Bercow or no Bercow, he only made them look totally pathetic. 

You seem to think its his choice to retire. He has been pushed. Why is that.

46 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I wouldn't go and pay to see the man shouting order, order. I guess its only those daft enough to think he is interesting.

But slightly more interesting than some dizzy blond bloke who doesn't own a comb, also about to be unemployed soon, who can only be heard to say, "Barf barf, rubar rubar, woof woof."

12 hours ago, yogi100 said:

So by your own admission you worked 'cash in hand' which means you definitely didn't pay tax or NI. Were you also claiming benefits at the same time?

You have an issue with foreigners taking your job...... your black market job? The job that encourages people to defraud the tax man and possibly the benefits system?

I have no sympathy for you. If your job was so low skilled that any Johnny Foreigner could come and take it so easily from you then you only have yourself to blame.

But as we have seen so many times from your posts, that doesn't stop you blaming everyone else BUT yourself does it?   

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

So by your own admission you worked 'cash in hand' which means you definitely didn't pay tax or NI. Were you also claiming benefits at the same time?

You have an issue with foreigners taking your job...... your black market job? The job that encourages people to defraud the tax man and possibly the benefits system?

I have no sympathy for you. If your job was so low skilled that any Johnny Foreigner could come and take it so easily from you then you only have yourself to blame.

But as we have seen so many times from your posts, that doesn't stop you blaming everyone else BUT yourself does it?   

Probably housing benefit as well - I know of a casual brickie who did cash in hand for 10 years whilst having housing benefit and claimed a bad back to get disability benefit. Had a council flat and spent three months every winter in Thailand with his girlfriend(s) at the age of 65 got a full state pension. English, racist  and white as well. Probably a Leave voter as well. 

Looking like wrecker in chief Farage doubling down on traitor Johnson - go Brexit Party  go for him......Thanks to Brexit a Labour party / remain coalition government has never been closer. Thanks Leavers. Don't forget to vote Nige for your clean-break Brexit. 

The Boris bravado has disappeared in Dublin, saying No Deal would be a “failure of statecraft”. He is now going all out for Mrs May’s “deal”, with Northern Ireland to be hived off from the rest of the UK. A clean break Brexit is the only way forward.

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Looking like wrecker in chief Farage doubling down on traitor Johnson - go Brexit Party  go for him......Thanks to Brexit a Labour party / remain coalition government has never been closer. Thanks Leavers. Don't forget to vote Nige for your clean-break Brexit. 

The Boris bravado has disappeared in Dublin, saying No Deal would be a “failure of statecraft”. He is now going all out for Mrs May’s “deal”, with Northern Ireland to be hived off from the rest of the UK. A clean break Brexit is the only way forward.

I can't post a laugh and sad emijon at the same time......????

Archived