Delay Brexit? I'd rather be dead in a ditch, says PM Johnson

webfact

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Forethat said:
1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

It's a rebate (or whichever synonym @sanemax prefers), it was negotiated by Thatcher in 1984 and began in 1985.  

Rebate or adjusted calculation of membership fee?.....

Blah, blah, blah......

Whatever you want to call it, it was agreed in 1984 and began in 1985 and applies to the UK only.

It is not the general calculation applying to all members introduced in 1970, before we joined, you quoted.

22 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Somebody did a runner...

If that is a dig at me, then 2 points.

1) I have better things to do than sit glued to the computer awaiting your posts.

2) Even if I had been, I'd have waited for 30 minutes to stop you altering your post after I'd quoted it again.

The more you try to justify your original absurd posts on this particular subject, the more you look like David Warner to my Stuart Broad!

30 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Somebody did a runner...

Simply repeating what I said about you, (when you needed 2 hours to come up with your so called analogy - explanation), come on man, make your own jokes - or pay royalties to me - but no chance for a rebate, adjusted calculation, opt out, preferential treatment or whatever you want to call it.

5 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Well, I'm confident that as a remainer you're well familiar with the concept of anal - you make your point perfectly clear by constantly getting on your knees - it's just that I don't feel that overly ecstatic when remainers turn their head and ask for a kiss.. . 

Okay, you win.

I should never have started a discussion with such an eloquent, literate, subtle, refined gentleman such as you.

I hope there is some room for me in Bojo's ditch.

boris needs to use his head ... wait until the last possible moment and go to brussels and ask for an extension .. ask for 1 day... you have fulfilled the legal requirement .. the eu is bound to reject it and hey presto we leave with no deal .. job done

20 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

boris needs to use his head ... wait until the last possible moment and go to brussels and ask for an extension .. ask for 1 day... you have fulfilled the legal requirement .. the eu is bound to reject it and hey presto we leave with no deal .. job done

Despite all his bluster, Cummings Johnson is not stupid enough to do that. He knows what a disaster no deal will be for the UK. he wants a deal, probably May's deal with a few tweaks, but hopes leaving it to the last minute will cause the EU to agree with minimal, even no, arguments.

We can only hope that his attempted brinkmanship doesn't blow up in all our faces as the EU have said many times that while they don't want a no deal Brexit, it is up to us to come back to them with proposals to avoid it.

Besides, if Parliament does approve the bill to extend Article 50, that extension will be until 31st January 2020; provided the EU agree to it.

1 hour ago, 3NUMBAS said:

I thought that the extension was three months, unless the EU said different?  
If Boris asks for one day, I am sure they would say - "Take as much time as you want, we are in no rush.  If you want one day, then we suggest you start negotiating quickly, as some of our guys take long lunches.  We will still be here in November or December or January.  You will be dead in a ditch, so you say."

It's something to look forward to, before St Andrew's Day.

And Boris has been so very successful so far playing tactical games.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

And Boris has been so very successful so far playing tactical games.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

So far... All it needs is a tactical realignment of the Remain/Soft Left and he's done for. The problem with that however is Corbyn/Momentum. Do soft-left Remain supporting Labour MPs have the guts?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It's pretty sad for you Brits that your choices are between Shiht (Boris) and Diarrhea (Corbyn). Reminds me of the choice the USSA faced between Trump & Hillary. Crazy as it sounds, we'd most likely have been better off with Hillary.

11 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

2 points

The required request is 3 months

Second the request has to be made by 19th October

14 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

I thought that the extension was three months, unless the EU said different?  
If Boris asks for one day, I am sure they would say - "Take as much time as you want, we are in no rush.  If you want one day, then we suggest you start negotiating quickly, as some of our guys take long lunches.  We will still be here in November or December or January.  You will be dead in a ditch, so you say."

It's something to look forward to, before St Andrew's Day.

The E.U will surely agree to a extension, at a cost of course £1 billion.

3 hours ago, Thairealist said:

The E.U will surely agree to a extension, at a cost of course £1 billion.

Every extension must reduce that pie-in-the-sky 39 Billion that they're not going to get. While ever we are still 'in' we are still contributing. God knows how much we are still coughing up - somewhere between 750k million and a Billion per month?

22 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Every extension must reduce that pie-in-the-sky 39 Billion that they're not going to get. While ever we are still 'in' we are still contributing. God knows how much we are still coughing up - somewhere between 750k million and a Billion per month?

750k million = 750 billion. 750 billion per month. We're richer than I thought!

5 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

You're just speculating now. Links or it ain't true. 555

Is your Billion a thousand million or a million million?

How much do we contribute each month net? How much less do they now think we should contribute after paying into the trough for three years?

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

Is your Billion a thousand million or a million million?

How much do we contribute each month net? How much less do they now think we should contribute after paying into the trough for three years?

Info easily accessed so why are you posting the above rhetorical question?

UK making an average net contribution of £7.9 billion p.a. between 2013 and 2017.

https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7886

Paying for already agreed costs is not "paying into the trough," but complying to legal obligations.

IMO the damage caused by Brexit is unjustified. Again, IMO, Cameron's lack of thought concerning the Brexit referendum terms was a huge error of judgement. It makes a lot of sense to me for a Second Referendum, with say a required winning margin of 70 percent, with severe penalties for any person / Party making false claims.

Your average is useless. Recently released figures show we paid around 11 Bn a couple of years. It will only go up for 2019.

We don’t only pay pre-agreed sums. When did the EU suddenly tell Cameron that they had recalculated and wanted an extra 1.6 Bn?

It’s all into the trough or fuelling the EU gravy train. All legal obligations, but that does not make them right.

We’ve known that for 40+ years and that’s why we managed to get a referendum. About the only good thing Cameron did. The only sensible thing to do now is get out. Legally or ‘illegally’.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Archived