Delay Brexit? I'd rather be dead in a ditch, says PM Johnson

webfact

8 minutes ago, vogie said:

I had you down for POTY, not any more, "join remain" I would rather die in a ditch.

Yes Vogie and I believe you would rather die in a ditch because you stick to your beliefs.  The difference is Boris is a lying worm who will twist and turn purely for his own benefit.  Remember he was a passionate remainer 24 hours before he became a Brexiteer!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://news.sky.com/story/live-opposition-parties-to-consider-boris-johnsons-fresh-election-call-11803347

Breaking

LIVE: Opposition parties agree to block Boris Johnson's call for snap election

Latest updates as the PM sees his call for an early general election next month rejected by opposition parties once more.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/sep/06/brexit-boris-johnson-news-latest-eu-labour-confirms-it-will-not-vote-on-monday-night-for-early-election-live-newsbior

2019-09-06_203556.png

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

Yes Vogie and I believe you would rather die in a ditch because you stick to your beliefs.  The difference is Boris is a lying worm who will twist and turn purely for his own benefit.  Remember he was a passionate remainer 24 hours before he became a Brexiteer!

There are worse liars than Boris, Corbyn being one of the worst. Labour has stated if they won the GE that they would go to Brussels and get the best possible deal for us, then start a campaign to remain in the EU, does that make sense to anyone, because from where I am sitting it is the most rediculous idea I have ever heard.

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

There are worse liars than Boris, Corbyn being one of the worst. Labour has stated if they won the GE that they would go to Brussels and get the best possible deal for us, then start a campaign to remain in the EU, does that make sense to anyone, because from where I am sitting it is the most rediculous idea I have ever heard.

Sounds ridiculous to me too.  But they are all ridiculous.  If Corbyn was electable they would wipe the floor with Johnson but he isn't and nor are the others.  We have ended up with a school playground full of imbeciles and this will fester for years.  Anyway I will be off to sunny Spain soon or maybe France or..... Haven't decided yet.

14 minutes ago, vogie said:

Which planet are you sitting on? Corbyn hasn't started a campaign to remain. More's the pity.

2 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Sounds ridiculous to me too.  But they are all ridiculous.  If Corbyn was electable they would wipe the floor with Johnson but he isn't and nor are the others.  We have ended up with a school playground full of imbeciles and this will fester for years.  Anyway I will be off to sunny Spain soon or maybe France or..... Haven't decided yet.

I appreciate the sentiment, but the problem for MPs is this: 'How do we get out of this unholy mess without alienating millions upon millions of people?'

They can't, so they keep stalling and prevaricating. Personally I think May's Deal is the way to go, but it seems I am in rather a minority. 

20 minutes ago, vogie said:

Get it right.

Thornberry on Brexit: 'I'd negotiate a deal... but campaign against it'

She, personally; not official Labour policy.

Unless you have a link proving different?

3 minutes ago, baboon said:

I appreciate the sentiment, but the problem for MPs is this: 'How do we get out of this unholy mess without alienating millions upon millions of people?'

They can't, so they keep stalling and prevaricating. Personally I think May's Deal is the way to go, but it seems I am in rather a minority. 

I fear it still fudges the issue Baboon.  Surely the way to go is a legally binding, properly administered second referendum.  As far as I, as a remainer, am concerned, that would do it for me if leave won again.  I would feel no choice but to recognise the decision even if I didn't agree with it.

2 minutes ago, Slip said:

I fear it still fudges the issue Baboon.  Surely the way to go is a legally binding, properly administered second referendum.  As far as I, as a remainer, am concerned, that would do it for me if leave won again.  I would feel no choice but to recognise the decision even if I didn't agree with it.

Myself and every Remainer, and manny Brexiteers, I have spoken to agrees with you, Slip.

But Cummings Johnson and the hard Brexiteers won't go for it; and we all know why.

Just now, Slip said:

Sure, I could go with that. But how many years would it take to agree what should be on the ballot? And isn't it giving MPs an easy cop-out?

As it stands now, I would still prefer May's Deal, I think. That way we don't have a Winner Takes All situation and neither camp can rub their opponents' faces in their victory, potentially leading to unrest.

1 minute ago, baboon said:

Sure, I could go with that. But how many years would it take to agree what should be on the ballot? And isn't it giving MPs an easy cop-out?

As it stands now, I would still prefer May's Deal, I think. That way we don't have a Winner Takes All situation and neither camp can rub their opponents' faces in their victory, potentially leading to unrest.

It's not my idea, but I have posted the most rational suggestion for that ballot before; but here it is again.

Three options on the ballot paper.

1. Leave with the negotiated deal.
  2. Leave with no deal.
  3. Remain.

Each voter marks their first and second choices. If no option has 50% plus one of the first choices, then the option with the fewest first choices is eliminated and the second choices on those papers allocated to the chosen option to produce a winner.

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

It's not my idea, but I have posted the most rational suggestion for that ballot before; but here it is again.

2. Leave with no deal.
  3. Remain.

Each voter marks their first and second choices. If no option has 50% plus one of the first choices, then the option with the fewest first choices is eliminated and the second choices on those papers allocated to the chosen option to produce a winner.

Fine by me, but Leavers would have every right to argue that since they won the referendum, 'Remain' should not be an option. So back to sparring with one another our MPs go.

1 minute ago, baboon said:

Fine by me, but Leavers would have every right to argue that since they won the referendum, 'Remain' should not be an option. So back to sparring with one another our MPs go.

Possibly, but having Remain on the paper would eliminate all the, valid in my opinion, arguments about dirty dealing by the Leave campaign last time round. The High Court dismissed a case that the result was null and void due to corrupt and illegal practices by the Leave campaign purely because the referendum was advisory. In dismissing the case the judge rued that had the referendum been binding it would legally be null and void!

However, for Remain to win, surely it would need to win the first round; how many Brexiteers would put it as their second choice? Some who saw it as a better option than no deal, maybe; but enough for it to win on the second round? I doubt it.

Ofcourse, to ensure Parliament acts upon the result, this referendum must be legally binding.

11 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

And then Ireland combine with Scotland and Wales and call themselves Celta.

Then what remains of the UK,  just little  england. 

It was the celts, that protected our small island,  from european invaders..

Lets not forget..

Now we are europeans , no more wars in europe.

Bonkers and his fanatics , must be stopped..

Just now, Forethat said:
5 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Probably going to be speechless after today. Rumour has it that he's just fired Dominic Cummings.

Any more news about your claims that Boris fired Cummings? How long do we have to wait for confirmation?

Rumour: 

be circulated as an unverified account.

Got it now?

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

2. Leave with no deal.
  3. Remain.

Come again?

You suggest that the terms of the remain option be completely open but the leave should be qualified..? 

Here's a ballot paper that reflects your view in an unbiased fashion:

2. Leave with no deal.
  3. Remain on current and future conditions (i.e. we don't give a flying toss what the EU decides to do)
  4. Remain on current conditions but call a referendum every freaking time the EU conditions are changed (e.g. new laws are introduced) to make sure the electorate are ok.

Some people...

2 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Come again?

You suggest that the terms of the remain option be completely open but the leave should be qualified..? 

Here's a ballot paper that reflects your view in an unbiased fashion:

2. Leave with no deal.
  3. Remain on current and future conditions (i.e. we don't give a flying toss what the EU decides to do)
  4. Remain on current conditions but call a referendum every freaking time the EU conditions are changed (e.g. new laws are introduced) to make sure the electorate are ok.

Some people...

Leave with a deal or leave without a deal: what leave options in addition to these do you suggest?

Remain means remain for now. It certainly does not preclude us from triggering Article 50 again at some point in the future should the majority wish it. I thought that would be obvious, but apparently not.

Some people...

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

Leave with a deal or leave without a deal: what leave options in addition to these do you suggest?

Remain means remain for now. It certainly does not preclude us from triggering Article 50 again at some point in the future should the majority wish it. I thought that would be obvious, but apparently not.

Some people...

And in what way would "leave" (with or without a deal) prelude us from rejoining again at some point in the future should the majority wish it? I thought that would be obvious, but apparently not.

Some people...

Archived