Cars being sold by Russians

WhatsNext

I have been looking for a used car and find a few on the facebook group for used cars in pattaya. Seen 3 sofar and all by Russians, the cars seem reasonable, the book shows 3 owners (bank, thai, company) and the prices are below usual.

Since i know cars i can see they are accident free, but on all 3 the tires were almost done, the brakepads as well, and no documented service history. Milage 30-50k for a 5 year old which seems dubious but doesnt have to be.

Also kitted out with as much "go faster plastic" as possible

When asked it's the same story from 3 different people, "we have a company and replace the cars when they are about 5 years old"

All 3 came to show me the car at my place, were friendly and funny enough all 3 came as a couple with the girl speaking reasonably english and a large smiling Russian bloke who doesn't. 

Anyone know whats going on or is it really legit.

Russians stay within Russian community, shop in the same shops and live same kind of lives. 

Usually there would be a Thai who helps one, helps all.

Most likely bought from the same dealer and this is why same kind of cars and paperwork.

They do not take it to service because they do not know where and also men or friends do the basics.

cheaper because they do not know prices and do not know where or how to check.

27 minutes ago, BestB said:

Most likely bought from the same dealer and this is why same kind of cars and paperwork.

They do not take it to service because they do not know where and also men or friends do the basics.

cheaper because they do not know prices and do not know where or how to check.

What? 

Why would anyone who's bought a car not know where to service a car?

"cheaper because they do not know prices and do not know where or how to check".

But you said that they buy the cars from a dealer, don't you think that would give them an idea of prices or how to check them?

19 minutes ago, losworld said:

If you are doing any kind of significant purchase go to bangkok and buy it you will save 10-20 percent which is generally the profit margin when items are bought and moved to pattaya for resale.

Just do not go to any tents , nothing but scams one way or another . Did a post not too long ago, all seemed legit till the pick up date , then keys missing or service book missing or rims magically changed or owner not available to sign the book but will do it later and so on, even finance with a bank but through a tent magically changes interest rate

6 minutes ago, BestB said:

so they try to sell it privately at higher price based on what dealer told them which happens to be below average private sale asking price but more than dealers offer.

I was thinking that myself a bit considering the number of Russians with 5/6 year old cars which seem to be ex lease or finance gone wrong. All 3 didn't want to go down much more on price and mentioned they had other cars if i wanted something cheaper.

Seriously doubt they have a company using company cars and selling them off. Do think they try to flip cars as a source of income. Now only to find that dealer which sells 5 year old Nissan Almera's for 200k..  (with more body extensions than a body builder)

Alternatively getting a base Yaris Ativ new for 459k with way more safety and 3 year warranty

2 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

I was thinking that myself a bit considering the number of Russians with 5/6 year old cars which seem to be ex lease or finance gone wrong. All 3 didn't want to go down much more on price and mentioned they had other cars if i wanted something cheaper.

Seriously doubt they have a company using company cars and selling them off. Do think they try to flip cars as a source of income. Now only to find that dealer which sells 5 year old Nissan Almera's for 200k..  (with more body extensions than a body builder)

i would say there is a high probability they are flipping and probably buying at auction...

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

Just do not go to any tents , nothing but scams one way or another . Did a post not too long ago, all seemed legit till the pick up date , then keys missing or service book missing or rims magically changed or owner not available to sign the book but will do it later and so on, even finance with a bank but through a tent magically changes interest rate

yeah find a private seller who is one owner and has done maintenance the auctions are ridiculously high priced

5 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

Alternatively getting a base Yaris Ativ new for 459k with way more safety and 3 year warranty

If I had to guess I would say Russian car rentals . But new car is always a new car and takes away any worries ????

7 minutes ago, BestB said:

If I had to guess I would say Russian car rentals . But new car is always a new car and takes away any worries ????

from what i understand there is a very HIGH probability that the odometer has been flipped back on many of the dealer sold motorbikes and cars in thailand.  best to examine closely wear items such as upholstery, pedals, etc. to better ascertain the mileage and use of the vehicle.

It very much sounds like a formula for flipping cars. A formula that they have had some degree of success with so they stick with it.

If it is a money making flip game, one has to wonder if they have a work permit. But then of course, they could be in bed with the right people who protect them (no, not the English speaking gal who comes along with Big Smiley).

2 hours ago, BestB said:

Troll, do you know any Russians ? Speak any Russian? If the answer is a no, stop trolling on matters you have zero clue or understanding 

only takes little common sense to figure out they do go back to dealer who offers them a very low price being a dealer , so they try to sell it privately at higher price based on what dealer told them which happens to be below average private sale asking price but more than dealers offer.

Sunbeam, you made a daft post which folk clearly have shown it was daft. So you have met Russians in Russia and elsewhere so these sellers must be fab and OK.....Amazing....????

PS. How you can call a bloke a troll when I actually thought you were with that strange post..

2 hours ago, BestB said:

You obviously don't realise there are some OK tents out there, that's how many stay in business because they are OK. One near me buys mainly from banks, has a setup with staff watching desktop screens searching bank stuff. They are out there, ask around..

Getting back to the OP, again I say buy new if you can, you will have a nice few years where you will not be involved...????

21 minutes ago, transam said:

You obviously don't realise there are some OK tents out there, that's how many stay in business because they are OK. One near me buys mainly from banks, has a setup with staff watching desktop screens searching bank stuff. They are out there, ask around..

Getting back to the OP, again I say buy new if you can, you will have a nice few years where you will not be involved...????

You obviously do not have much of a clue on the matter.  Otherwise you would have known the difference between tents and used car dealers ????

51 minutes ago, transam said:

Sunbeam, you made a daft post which folk clearly have shown it was daft. So you have met Russians in Russia and elsewhere so these sellers must be fab and OK.....Amazing....????

PS. How you can call a bloke a troll when I actually thought you were with that strange post..

Once again , if you do not have a clue , best not to open your mouth at all ????

On 9/7/2019 at 11:08 AM, flyingtlger said:

Can't trut dem ruskies.....avoid at all cost!

Case in point...Olympic doping scheme.

Their government knew about it and even backed it.

They live by the rule: Rules are made to be broken.

There are countless posts on TV that regurgitate that exact sentiment - it comes down to the need to believe whatever you hear, read or see on MSM as the gospel. That is a seriously ill conceived approach in today's world of corporate manipulated news distribution. But it is the most convenient and least controversial bubble to live in.

The Ruskees love their cars. Case in point....the guy who stole John Wick's car. In the US the Russians love to be in the auto sales business. Fix up cars for resale.

Carry on.

My mums Moskivich seemed to go on and on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, mistral53 said:

There are countless posts on TV that regurgitate that exact sentiment - it comes down to the need to believe whatever you hear, read or see on MSM as the gospel. That is a seriously ill conceived approach in today's world of corporate manipulated news distribution. But it is the most convenient and least controversial bubble to live in.

Found the Russian

Hello I have the same or similar experience all the cars the price was very good, they want to come to me I pay then they send me the details and documents after, err no chance I think its a scam we don't know if there's any finance outstanding on the vehicle, I would buy from a friend but that's also not without risk, I would hate to get scammed out of my money, buyers beware ????????

Archived