Thai Visa Vientiane has no option to make an appointment for Oct?

Hello again!

I am trying to make an appointment for my SETV in Vientiane. However once I log in, there is no option to choose any date in October.

Appointment dates till the end of September are available. Do you know when they usually add the option to book for the next month?

Should I go ahead and book my flights already and then wait for the option to open up? Air Asia (direct) and NokAir return.

Just now, Tanoshi said:

From your other posts you appear to be using VE and TV entries and plan to continue to do so for the remainder of this year.

You may be declined entry or further TV's if you continue to stay in Thailand using these methods.

Hi! have not used a TV at all, always been VE. 

This year:

1.  VE+Extension (60 days)

2. Flew out and back in - VE (30 days)

3. Flew out and back in - VE + Extension(current) (60 days)

Vientiane will be my first Thai TV. I'm a US passport holder. 

What I've noticed is when flying in Business Class - IO is easier - or have I just been lucky?

16 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

VE or TV entries are designed for Tourists.

If your staying in Thailand throughout the year using these methods, then your not a Tourist by definition.

There are other options available for those who wish to stay permanently in Thailand.

It's just a warning to have plan B in place.

Many reports on the forum of foreigners being denied entry or TV's because they are adjudged to be spending to much time in Thailand under the pretence of being a tourist.

Yep, as a solution I just spend much less time in Thailand nowadays.

3 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

If your staying in Thailand throughout the year using these methods, then your not a Tourist by definition.

There are other options available for those who wish to stay permanently in Thailand.

Many reports on the forum of foreigners being denied entry or TV's because they are adjudged to be spending to much time in Thailand under the pretence of being a tourist.

There is no such definition, no need to make up fairy tales here!

you can only book about 3 weeks in advance now..be aware though VTE is being ultra strict with Visas at present, never seen so many rejections on both submissions and pick up day....very few people going there compared to 6 months ago

If you have any sort of questionable history I wouldn't chance it, they seem to be going thorough passports and immigration history very carefully

Edited by ScottBooth
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ScottBooth said:

you can only book about 3 weeks in advance now..be aware though VTE is being ultra strict with Visas at present, never seen so many rejections on both submissions and pick up day....very few people going there compared to 6 months ago

If you have any sort of questionable history I wouldn't chance it, they seem to be going thorough passports and immigration history very carefully

Should I be worried?

I was in Thailand once the year before(2018) 30 days VE + 4 days(but I had paid and extended for 1,900thb so no overstay). Other than that I have a passport full of stamps, I've been traveling pretty much 24/7 for the last 4 years. So it should be obvious I'm not here for any other purpose. 

Would you suggest going to some other Embassy instead? Hanoi perhaps?

5 hours ago, whitemouse said:

There is no such definition, no need to make up fairy tales here!

Google is your friend ….. educate yourself.

Definition of Tourist ......a person who is traveling or visiting a place for pleasure.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, catyoga said:

Should I be worried?

I was in Thailand once the year before(2018) 30 days VE + 4 days(but I had paid and extended for 1,900thb so no overstay). Other than that I have a passport full of stamps, I've been traveling pretty much 24/7 for the last 4 years. So it should be obvious I'm not here for any other purpose. 

Would you suggest going to some other Embassy instead? Hanoi perhaps?

if you haven't  been in Thailand in the last 6 months or so you will "probably" be ok

Edited by ScottBooth

19 hours ago, mngmn said:

Thailand is making it quite clear to all that they don't want people with sufficient time and money to be a perpetual tourists.  They seem to think that half the western world wants to visit Thailand several times a year for a couple of weeks just to work in a Thai school teaching English for less than USD 1000 a month.  I could get more on social security in my country.

No they do not want people living here on tourist visa and working either locally or on the internet. It has been going on for years and now that the crack down has come people cannot adjust

19 hours ago, mngmn said:

Thailand is making it quite clear to all that they don't want people with sufficient time and money to be a perpetual tourists.  They seem to think that half the western world wants to visit Thailand several times a year for a couple of weeks just to work in a Thai school teaching English for less than USD 1000 a month.  I could get more on social security in my country.

More on social security, don't believe you, because a Thai told me it's not possible.

22 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Not wishing to split hairs, but I thought that every farang in Thailand was a tourist. There can't be many who've been granted citizenship. When I fill in my extension form I always put "holiday" in the reason for extension. When you think of it, when you're on a one year approval that's all it can be.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, catyoga said:

Hi! have not used a TV at all, always been VE. 

This year:

1.  VE+Extension (60 days)

2. Flew out and back in - VE (30 days)

3. Flew out and back in - VE + Extension(current) (60 days)

Vientiane will be my first Thai TV. I'm a US passport holder. 

What I've noticed is when flying in Business Class - IO is easier - or have I just been lucky?

Tanoshi's post is very to the point.  With the above history (150 days on Visa Exempt already this year) the risk is quite high you will be denied a Visa or entry.

A possible plan B could look like this:

- Try in Vientiane to get an SETV,

- When SETV denied, try to cross VE at the land-border at Nong Kai (very close to Vientiane), and take the regular shuttle to Udon Thani from where you can fly to Bangkok

- When also denied to cross VE at the land-border, prepare for plan C (using another land-border or flying to another country to retry an SETV) or plan D (thoroughly examine the possible Visa-options when you are planning to long-stay in Thailand).

NOTE: Even when you make it this time, plan D should be your next step.

Wish you all the best and hope things will work out!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, jesimps said:

Not wishing to split hairs, but I thought that every farang in Thailand was a tourist.

And you would be wrong. Those on retirement or marriage extensions are not tourists. Those with work permits and jobs are not tourists. Those living lives as monks are not tourists. Those doing voluntary work are not tourists. Some may even be students.