Cancelling 3BB Internet

MikeN

Before I moved out of Bangkok I cancelled my 3BB internet ....or at least I thought that I had. I told the woman at their desk at Tesco Onnut to turn it off 'tomorrow" (the day I was leaving), she did something on her terminal and said it was done. Then today I was uninstalling various apps on my phone that I was not using, one of them being the 3BB app. Before deleting it I opened the app, to find that I owed them approx 2700 baht ! Evidently she had not cancelled it after all. I was well over the minimum 12 month contract so I was free to cancel at any time.

So my main question is, if anybody else has cancelled their 3BB service did you get any sort of acknowledgement in writing ? before ringing them I'd like to be sure of my ground in case they ask for a cancellation number or something. Not that they have any chance of me paying it, I use True now and have no intention of ever using 3BB again (the True service here in Ubon is faster than 3BB in BKK, includes a basic cable tv AND is cheaper than 3BB ! )

I would have thought that if somebody did not pay for a service they would simply disconnect the customer after a while, but apparently not !

Before I moved out of Bangkok I cancelled my 3BB internet ....or at least I thought that I had. I told the woman at their desk at Tesco Onnut to turn it off 'tomorrow" (the day I was leaving), she did something on her terminal and said it was done. Then today I was uninstalling various apps on my phone that I was not using, one of them being the 3BB app. Before deleting it I opened the app, to find that I owed them approx 2700 baht ! Evidently she had not cancelled it after all. I was well over the minimum 12 month contract so I was free to cancel at any time.
So my main question is, if anybody else has cancelled their 3BB service did you get any sort of acknowledgement in writing ? before ringing them I'd like to be sure of my ground in case they ask for a cancellation number or something. Not that they have any chance of me paying it, I use True now and have no intention of ever using 3BB again (the True service here in Ubon is faster than 3BB in BKK, includes a basic cable tv AND is cheaper than 3BB ! )
I would have thought that if somebody did not pay for a service they would simply disconnect the customer after a while, but apparently not !
I did the same thing while we were away for 3 months. At the branch, cancelled, so I thought, but it wasn't. And, the person that said they cancelled it had moved to another place. Hopeless.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

And that is why you have the App. Never trust a Thai to do what you can do yourself.

And no I am not saying the buggers will rip you off but if they can not do the cancellation they will not tell you that.

My wife sees someone in uniform, has a badge, even a checkout chick and see goes to water.

Sort it yourself.

^ Unless I have missed something, the 3BB app does not give you an option to cancel a service ....just sign up for an upgrade ! And view your bill .....

So no way to "do it yourself" unfortunately. 

We had to return the 3BB router to a 3BB store and provide the ID card used to take out the contract. They would not terminate the contract otherwise.

I don't remember 3BB providing any cancellation paperwork as such but we did receive a receipt for the final payment that I deliberately held back on.

16 minutes ago, Caiman said:

We had to return the 3BB router to a 3BB store and provide the ID card used to take out the contract. They would not terminate the contract otherwise.

I don't remember 3BB providing any cancellation paperwork as such but we did receive a receipt for the final payment that I deliberately held back on.

That must have been some time ago. These days, you basically own the router and they have no interest in getting it back.

1 minute ago, Caiman said:

April 2019 and they expressly requested the return of their router or no cancellation!

Interesting. Thank you for clarifying that. I have three routers here (2 from 3BB, 1 from True) that are completely worthless. I have accumulated them from canceled accounts that did not require their return.

Always inconsistencies here and I also have various boxes from previous cancellations, but getting back to the OP query I wouldn't always trust that a termination request had been carried especially if it all went too easily and with minimal fuss. They may not give you paperwork but they nearly always want copies of ID's etc. to do anything.

Interesting. Thank you for clarifying that. I have three routers here (2 from 3BB, 1 from True) that are completely worthless. I have accumulated them from canceled accounts that did not require their return.

I cancelled mine in Pattaya. I went to the office with my passport. It all went smoothly. I hope! I dont know where the paperwork is for the cancellation. I asked about returning the router/modem and they said it was mine. They have my Thai telephone number and my email in the meantime.

I just remembered that 3BB used to sell their routers on some packages but in our case the promotion included a free router rental hence the request to return.

But I would expect a minimum requirement of ID copying to cover themselves but would also still look out for any bills the following month.

I cancelled mine in Pattaya. I went to the office with my passport. It all went smoothly. I hope! I dont know where the paperwork is for the cancellation. I asked about returning the router/modem and they said it was mine. They have my Thai telephone number and my email in the meantime.

3BB has some strange policies... about six years ago I moved from our rental house into another area where 3BB could not provide a cable. Still had 3 month to go on my contract. No way to cancel the contract. We didn't pay. Then the people who moved in after we left that house came to us and complained that they couldn't have internet with 3BB unless WE payed the bill until the end of the contract.

So in order to help these people we payed eventually. I was surprised that this company which couldn't deliver had the audacity to still make the customers pay. For me never 3BB anymore. I have TOT for the past six years and I'm very happy with them. They could deliver where 3BB could not and now we even have fiber optic cable with a speed 10x faster and for nearly 200 baht less a month.

The woman never asked for the old router back, nor did they when i upgraded about 18 months earlier. I remember that i had to pay a small amount for the new router (99 baht from memory ). It was a VDSL connection, and those routers are just about disposable nowadays are n't they ?

Nor did she ask for ID, just took all my details off the customer card 3BB use nowadays.

My experience with 3BB in Pattaya was a disaster

i have unfortunely paid 7000 bahts for a one year contract (Called a promotion)

but my connexion was so bad (Sometimes not internet at all during 2\3 days)

instable and slow most of the time i was forced to call them on monthly basis.

Of course their answers, with the hot line and the technicians, was stupid and inacurate, a lot of lies too

then i was hoping the end of the nightmare and counting the days.

At the term of the 12 months i was hoping a resiliation but no way to do it if i do not give

them my passeport, i have refused because at this stade i have 0trust in them and i do not want

to be stuck again in a new contract for 1 year being issued using my passeport but without my agreement

and they wanted also the return of the router, all this have finished by a sort of ''you can go f,,, y... style''

and after some phone calls trying to asking more payments they have now definitively close my case

(I hope)

i am now returned with TOT, very smiling and friendly staff, half price (3500 year) the connexion was quickly innstalled and my internet is good, quick and stable, i am very happy with them

Archived