Trump fires national security adviser Bolton, citing strong disagreements

webfact

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Agreed.

No clue why supporters like using a phrase which includes Trump and Delusion? And then make it sound oddly clinical by adding "Syndrome"?

So everytime they say it it sounds like they think Trump is delusional. OK. awesome phrase, please use it all the time.

This would be considered a Brand or Marketing FAIL.

Who came up with this phrase? I'm thinking it's Doocy/Kilmeade level stoopid. 

DDS maybe , Dem Delusion Syndrome?

And what does it have to do with Trump firing Season 1 "Apprentice" Nat Sec Advisor #3?

Flynn, Kellogg (Acting), McMaster, Bolton, Kupperman (Acting), Phil N. deBlank (TBD)

Calls out to Central Casting. They'll need a whole season just for National Security Advisors.

I say bring in Meatloaf AND Gary Busey and let them duke it out for the job?

I believe that trump's supporters use TDS to mean "trump derangement syndrome," which they believe to describe the irrational opposition to their fearless (read, "feckless") leader. You know, the emperor who has no clothes.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, skytrooper70 said:

I believe that trump's supporters use TDS to mean "trump derangement syndrome,"

Oh right.

I forgot the "D" stood for Derangement. Hardly chant-worthy at rallies?

That makes it so much better, using Derangement with Trump.

Edited by mtls2005

Bolton is out. Ding-dong, the witch is dead and all that. Fired or quit is just the usual fare when it comes to Trump's presidency. So who's the next on the best people list?

Who Could Replace John Bolton?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/10/us/john-bolton-replacement.html

Quite a few options mentioned in the above piece, and by no means a comprehensive list of possible candidates. Some seem sort of okish, or at least relatively harmless. None particularly shines out the rest. Some useless and potentially damaging (looking at you, Grenell). IMO, Biegun, Hook or Sullivan would be the safer, saner options.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, usviphotography said:

Gen Flynn or Tulsi would be the two dream candidates. I think most Trump supporters would be happy with Col. Macgregor too. 

Gen Flynn? The guy who claimed that there were signs in Arabic along the US Mexican border put there for the benefit of Islamist terrorists?

Trump’s border patrol guy calls BS on Flynn claim Arabic signs are guiding ‘radicalized Muslims’ to US

President-Elect Donald Trump’s national security advisor Gen. Michael Flynn spread a fake news story on Breitbart News that there were Arabic signs along the U.S./Mexico border. He explained that the signs direct so-called “radical Islamic terrorists” to smugglers that can get them over the U.S. border. But Shawn Moran, the Vice President of the National Border Patrol Council, claims that’s illogical and false.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/12/trumps-border-patrol-guy-calls-bs-on-flynn-claim-arabic-signs-are-guiding-radicalized-muslims-to-us/

He is a loon.

It was already confirmed many, many times that LOTUS Trump is an absolute slouch.

He himself is a number-one slouch and therefore you must not be surprised why he is unable to find good an qualified people in his government team to make a consistent and reliable politic.

The slouches in his team, as Pence and Pompeo for example, don't dare to open their mouth or criticize Trump. On the other side, when he had a few qualified people he dismissed them, because they followed the law or contradicted him, a crime in the eyes and tiny brain of Trump, although Bolton doesn't belong to the group of qualified men.

Only irrational people can behave like Trump, the „man“ ,5555, with the lowest IQ of all USA presidents. Every time he dismissed somebody the substitute had to close his own brain or mouth and to bow down to him, not to the law or constitution. And there are enough @rsh-lickers working with him. Poor America.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Once in a blue moon he does something right. But curb your enthusiasm. 

I'm no lover of Bolton or most of what he stands for.

However, to the extent he may have been an influence against Trump's inherent tendencies to be a toady with North Korea/Kim and Russia/Putin, he may have served some useful purpose.

In his absence, who knows where Trump is going to go with regard to North Korea and Russia. Inviting Russia to join the G7 and bringing Putin to the next meeting in D.C.?  Reaching a fake/Trump deal with North Korea that Trump will loudly proclaim and in reality will probably do nothing to curb NK's nuclear arsenal and ambitions.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Bolton was an extreme hawk, a fact Trump knew when he first hired him.

What I read was that Trump was told Sheldon Adelson wanted Bolton in government, the republicans need his money, so Trump was given little choice.

Hopefully he had done something decent getting rid of old "Bomber" one of the architects of the "New American century" a paper that involves lots of bombing to maintain supremacy!