Johnson, likening himself to Incredible Hulk, vows Oct. 31 Brexit

rooster59

5 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Clearly the concept of "analogies" is a foreign concept to you - 555 "foreign".

Stop embarrassing yourself, never mention analogies again, try your hand at something else (euhhh..., got it?).

Eeuuhhh..no, reading your posts is like reviewing the nutritional declaration on a pack of chewing gum and expect to find out what the taste is.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, z42 said:

The EU heirachy have never atrempted to negotiate reasonably, and as such the UK must make something happen themselves or be bound to a ghastly deal which actually would make them worse off in the medium and long term.

Leave won the referendum first up, and if a second referendum was held why should it hold more weight? 

Trade aside i see few benefits of being in the EU

The EU hierarchy consists of:

- EU Council, consisting of the heads of government of tho EU member states = inclusive the UK PM.

- the next payer is the EU Commission, about "ministers", who follow the "orders" out of the EU Council, consisting of a commissioner from eacht EU member state,so inclusive the UK.

- The next = European Parliament, with members from each EU member state, also the UK, who have a right of veto in quite some issues, like the appointment of the President of the EU Commission.

The rest are just civil servants, just as in every nation.

Is the Director of the Bank of England elected, or the representative of the UK in the UN, the FIFA, the WHO, the Olympic committe ? Not even the members of the House of Lords are elected, but appointed. Is David Frost, negociator at the EU elected ? No, just as Mr Barrier.. appointed. 

Benitits of being an EU member, see waht is done now together instead of each state on its own: For MY profession alone; EFSA and RASFF + recognition the British FSA does the same as any other EU food agency, so.. when I import UK foods, any scrutiny for food safety guarantee is done by the FSA. From 1 Nov onwards, every EU importer has to secure that for himself, with results quite some retailers and food industry hesitate to do anything with UK origin

As YOU see a "Leave" is a leave whatever the consequenses will be… ( NOT on the referendum list, but.. LOTS of promises and lies from the politicians). then accept when the importduty into the EU of UK products will make then out of competition, with a dramatic loss of jobs in the UK.

7 hours ago, nauseus said:

If you want to push that one then people also need to know what the EU will be like in 10 years or so.

Yes, a prosperous Union of States, with a poor Russian Federation at the East and a poor Single Kingdom at the West.

2 minutes ago, NoBrainer said:

I can't argue with statistics. I haven't been in the UK since 2007. Didn't realize how bad it has actually gotten since I was last there.

But that only reinforces my perception of how Europe (and the UK) are destroying themselves.

There is no arguing that Muslim immigration is good for Europe.

What is it good for?    Absolutely nothing!!!

Why is it that the bleeding heart Liberals want to homogenize the world. For thousands of years, people stayed where they belong, with other people of like minds, think the same. That system has worked very well.

Now certain people are hell bent to mix every ethnic group together. For what? Explain to me, how this makes the world better.

Perhaps you should have stayed where you belonged, and thought to yourself “How can I help my homeland in its hour of need”.

There might be fewer immigrants if people stopped dropping bombs on their homelands

6 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

I love it when Brexiteers expound blatantly racist views and then claim that Brexit was nothing to do with immigration and racist xenophobia.

Don't worry, Tommy is out of nick now, he can defend you. Oh, I forgot, he tried that when he stood for MEP but lost his deposit. Luckily yours and Tommy's views are only shared by a small minority of Brits.

On the contrary

I believe that Brexit has everything to do with immigration, and partially with the UK population, not wanting to be told what to do by a foreign ruling body.

What has Muslim immigration done for the UK?  Absolutely Nothing.

If you think having a Muslim Mayor on London has enhanced the city in any way, then you deserve what you get. I think that there are many people that would disagree with that. Last time i was in the UK was 2007. I used to visit regularly and for the most part enjoyed Britain. I will not be going back again.

For me Britain is done. Along with most of the EU countries.

8 minutes ago, NoBrainer said:

I can't argue with statistics. I haven't been in the UK since 2007. Didn't realize how bad it has actually gotten since I was last there.

But that only reinforces my perception of how Europe (and the UK) are destroying themselves.

There is no arguing that Muslim immigration is good for Europe.

What is it good for?    Absolutely nothing!!!

Why is it that the bleeding heart Liberals want to homogenize the world. For thousands of years, people stayed where they belong, with other people of like minds, think the same. That system has worked very well.

Now certain people are hell bent to mix every ethnic group together. For what? Explain to me, how this makes the world better.

QUOTE: For thousands of years, people stayed where they belong, with other people of like minds, think the same. That system has worked very well.

Please explain why you are in Thailand?

4 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

QUOTE: For thousands of years, people stayed where they belong, with other people of like minds, think the same. That system has worked very well.

Please explain why you are in Thailand?

Well fortunately, i think like a thai. 555  Took me a few years to figure it out though.

In reality, maybe the same reason you are here. Easy lifestyle, and to get away from all the immigrants, and political correctness being rammed down everyones throats in the majority of western countries these days. I started my journey almost 30 years ago, and found this to be a good compromise.

If I could do it all over again, would I have chosen a different route? Most likely not.

31 minutes ago, NoBrainer said:

Well fortunately, i think like a thai. 555  Took me a few years to figure it out though.

In reality, maybe the same reason you are here. Easy lifestyle, and to get away from all the immigrants, and political correctness being rammed down everyones throats in the majority of western countries these days. I started my journey almost 30 years ago, and found this to be a good compromise.

If I could do it all over again, would I have chosen a different route? Most likely not.

So you did not follow your own advise, and in stead you migrated to a country that suits you better.

Strange!

An absolute delinquent, but what can realistically be done to break the impasse?
The EU heirachy have never atrempted to negotiate reasonably, and as such the UK must make something happen themselves or be bound to a ghastly deal which actually would make them worse off in the medium and long term.

Leave won the referendum first up, and if a second referendum was held why should it hold more weight? 

Trade aside i see few benefits of being in the EU
Didn't win no-deal Brexit.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Any idea what the impact will be for the European " man in the street " ?

If the same as per now, meaning nothing, I can live with the above.

Of course we are all different.

I suppose if you are happy with being a "citizen" of an EU which wants to control everything...you can live with it. 

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

I suppose if you are happy with being a "citizen" of an EU which wants to control everything...you can live with it. 

If they do, I haven't the slightest perception /hinder of it. 

I suppose some must have that feeling in their head :

" We, citizens of the E.U. are all doomed". 

6 hours ago, NoBrainer said:

On the contrary

I believe that Brexit has everything to do with immigration, and partially with the UK population, not wanting to be told what to do by a foreign ruling body.

What has Muslim immigration done for the UK?  Absolutely Nothing.

If you think having a Muslim Mayor on London has enhanced the city in any way, then you deserve what you get. I think that there are many people that would disagree with that. Last time i was in the UK was 2007. I used to visit regularly and for the most part enjoyed Britain. I will not be going back again.

For me Britain is done. Along with most of the EU countries.

What has Muslim immigration got to do with Brexit? How will leaving the EU reduce Muslim immigration?

2 hours ago, luckyluke said:

If they do, I haven't the slightest perception /hinder of it. 

I suppose some must have that feeling in their head :

" We, citizens of the E.U. are all doomed". 

Michael Caine said, "I would rather be a poor master than a rich servant" and not a lot of people know that.

2 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Pity the authorities were   not as quick to punish the Muslim rape gangs.  Over 30 years of abuse,  rape and grooming of vulnerable children. 

Fully agree. However, Yaxley-Lenon played no part whatsoever in bringing them to justice. Almost allowed them to walk free due to his actions re self publicity stunts. Scumbag of the first order who deserved to go down with them.

3 hours ago, vogie said:

I would rather be a poor master than a rich servant"

I worked 32 years for the same company, I had a very good salary plus a lot of incentives, so one can consider I was a "rich" servant.

Never had a problem with this.

Due to Belgian laws, something the E.U. can't interfere, and which is different in all countries of the E.U., I could retire at 52+ with an actually monthly net pension of 2244 Euro.

Again, i don't have a problem to be a "rich" retired servant. 

Addendum :

I have been informed that my pension will be increased by 2% starting January 2020.

A decision made by the Belgian Government, here also the E.U. has no interference.

Archived