Johnson, likening himself to Incredible Hulk, vows Oct. 31 Brexit

rooster59

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

And they would also need to know what the UK, in or out will be like in 10 years or so.

And as Brexiters constantly carp, no one can predict the future; just best guesses.

Hardly anyone considers where the EU is going. It's rather relevant. Best guesses are fine for debate. Here's my best guess: the EU will continue to centralize power, create an EU military with mandatory contribution from member states, manage all foreign policy of all member states and impose their single currency on all members. 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Hardly anyone considers where the EU is going. It's rather relevant. Best guesses are fine for debate. Here's my best guess: the EU will continue to centralize power, create an EU military with mandatory contribution from member states, manage all foreign policy of all member states and impose their single currency on all members. 

I can only hope so.

The alternative would be a return to medieval city - states.

Of course, those who are living in the past would prefer that.

8 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I can only hope so.

The alternative would be a return to medieval city - states.

Of course, those who are living in the past would prefer that.

And those who are living in the clouds don't really look at the state of the EU today, nor consider the danger of having idealistic, failed politicians who are routinely given charge of running this circus. The EU is on course for a nasty self-destruction and is speeding up as time goes.  

8 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Big difference between Bruce Banner and johnson is Banner had a moral code and was trying to prevent the explosive violence of the hulk. 

He also realised the hulk was a mistake of his own making and sought a way to cure it, not make it worse. 

Having read through 4 pages of standard Brexit "Discussion" I can reveal that it has all been a mistake resulting from a misheard Bojo statement. What he likened himself to,  is hardly surprising given his recent utter humiliation.

I give you Boris................THE INCREDIBLE SULK 

Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 11.14.59.png

10 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Are you back to your analogies?

Way above my head, as I admitted before!

Yup, actual quotes and references to official comments are way above your head. Way above. Good that you admit it, though.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/brexit-could-lead-to-spread-of-infectious-diseases-such-as-supergonorrhoea-health-chief-warns-a3898186.html

35 minutes ago, nauseus said:

And those who are living in the clouds don't really look at the state of the EU today, nor consider the danger of having idealistic, failed politicians who are routinely given charge of running this circus. The EU is on course for a nasty self-destruction and is speeding up as time goes.  

You - and brexiteers in general - remind me of the old generation I used to fight with in the sixties.

Either you were one of them, or they keep producing new older generations.

2 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

There are none so blind as they who will not see. If you took off your blinkers you'd see plenty of benefits in the fields of human rights, employment rights, consumer rights and product safety, all of which have been massively improved by the EU.

But apart from that, what have the Romans ever done for us?

UK politics is like a Monty Python skit; soon, Russ Abbott, and then Laurel and Hardy.

1 minute ago, oldhippy said:

You - and brexiteers in general - remind me of the old generation I used to fight with in the sixties.

I take it that the "use your brain, not your fists"-campaign never really kicked off to you liking...? 

6 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Yup, actual quotes and references to official comments are way above your head. Way above. Good that you admit it, though.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/brexit-could-lead-to-spread-of-infectious-diseases-such-as-supergonorrhoea-health-chief-warns-a3898186.html

Now don't tell me you read that article that you are referring to?!

Or do you think it is part of Project Fear?

7 minutes ago, Forethat said:

I think your own link has gone way over your head. Let me clarify it for you:

"Infectious diseases such as super-gonorrhoea could spread more rapidly if the UK leaves the European Union, health chiefs have warned."

Best, for your sake, that we remain in then.

Fore!

6 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

...and what were you fighting for?

1 minute ago, oldhippy said:

Now don't tell me you read that article that you are referring to?!

Or do you think it is part of Project Fear?

Just waiting for a reference to your claims of a "return to medieval city".

Or was that one of the imaginary and hopeful analogies you detest?

6 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

But apart from that, what have the Romans ever done for us?

UK politics is like a Monty Python skit; soon, Russ Abbott, and then Laurel and Hardy.

You are giving UK politicians too much credit.

We are now at Benny Hill level!

2 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Well, if the EU is too big, then surely UK is too big.

Next England is too big - all those money transfers inside England have to be stopped.

So it's back to city states.

26 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

That's exactly my wish.
Let us add also all the individual liberties and a trade subjected to the Republican values:
  - Democracy, human rights, ecology, solidarity and even fraternity between us.

Liberties? Liberties and freedoms under the EU have and will diminish. Democracy? Like these appointed commissioners that can't be fired? This route is not what I wish for my own country.

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

he EU will continue to centralize power, create an EU military with mandatory contribution from member states, manage all foreign policy of all member states and impose their single currency on all members.

Any idea what the impact will be for the European " man in the street " ?

If the same as per now, meaning nothing, I can live with the above.

Of course we are all different.

7 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Clearly the concept of "analogies" is a foreign concept to you - 555 "foreign".

Stop embarrassing yourself, never mention analogies again, try your hand at something else (euhhh..., got it?).

Archived