Chinese pick Japan, Thailand for Golden Week holidays

snoop1130

Chinese pick Japan, Thailand for Golden Week holidays

By THE NATION

800_b41dad63cd37de7.jpeg

Thailand is once again set to be the second-hottest destination for Chinese travellers, behind Japan, during National Day Golden Week from October 1-7, one of the country’s busiest travel periods, according to booking data from Agoda.

Bangkok retains its position as the top Thai destination for the third consecutive year, with Phuket and Chiang Mai vying for second and third spot.

Chinese love Thailand’s coastal beauty, with cities and islands in the South accounting for seven out of 10 of their most popular Thai destinations. After Phuket, the list includes Koh Samui (No 4), Pattaya (5), Krabi (6), Koh Lanta (7), Hua Hin and Cha-am (8) and Koh Lipe (9).

One of the main factors that influences Chinese people to come to travel in Thailand is the relatively low cost. The Thai government has extended the period for free visas-on-arrival for Chinese until the end of April.

During National Day Golden Week, many Chinese people indulge themselves in various leisure activities, including travelling abroad.

After Japan and Thailand, they prefer Hong Kong, Taiwan and the Philippines. Singapore leapt onto the top 10 list this year in seventh spot, while Malaysia has been holding onto its eighth position since 2017. 

The Philippines surpasses South Korea, though Vietnam has continued to descend from fifth place in 2017 to 10th this year.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/travel/30376483

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-09-20

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Vietnam has continued to descend from fifth place in 2017 to 10th this year.

Good news for Vietnam. Plenty of Western and other Asian tourists with money going there instead of Cheap Charlie Chinese.

Chinese are not welcome in Vietnam for many reasons including their disgusting sanitary habits. And for those who doubt me don't ask me to give you an example, you wont like it.

22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Chinese love Thailand’s coastal beauty, with cities and islands in the South accounting for seven out of 10 of their most popular Thai destinations. After Phuket, the list includes Koh Samui (No 4), Pattaya (5), Krabi (6), Koh Lanta (7), Hua Hin and Cha-am (8) and Koh Lipe (9).

Yep. Just Beautiful!  Such pristine coastal beauty!

Maya Beach.jpg

3 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Chinese are not welcome in Vietnam for many reasons including their disgusting sanitary habits. And for those who doubt me don't ask me to give you an example, you wont like it.

Mainland Chinese aren't that welcome in Hong Kong either, because of their rudeness, and habits as described above. And most money they spend on is on infant formula.

This article is nothing but fake news. I just booked rooms in Bangkok during this time and hotel prices in Bangkok for example for the week of October 1-7 are rock bottom.
So I wonder where they are getting this ridiculous information from and where these supposedly Chinese hordes of tourists would be staying after “having picked Bangkok as their top Thai destination “ ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

40 minutes ago, boonrawdcnx said:

This article is nothing but fake news. I just booked rooms in Bangkok during this time and hotel prices in Bangkok for example for the week of October 1-7 are rock bottom.
So I wonder where they are getting this ridiculous information from and where these supposedly Chinese hordes of tourists would be staying after “having picked Bangkok as their top Thai destination “ ?

They stay in the illegal short time condo "hotels" operated by the Chinese.

Archived