Visiting Pattaya Take Note !

Thehedonist

<snip>

As a personal observation, quality is more important than quantity. Be it in number of trips or number of posts.

For example, I've only taken (1) ten day trip to Egypt, but it was a quality trip, one of the best I've ever been on, and one I'll remember for the rest of my life. On the other hand, I've been to Dubai numerous times and find that I'd rather just leave for somewhere else rather than spend any time there. Nothing really wrong with the place, it just doesn't hold any attraction for me.

I think I know what wilko was trying to say. Many people make their first trip to Thailand and fall in love with the place. They are so blinded by the "exoticness" of everything, that they are blinded to the less desirable aspects of the place. Once you've been here a few times, the blinders start to open and you notice some of those other aspects and your views/feelings about the place start to change (i.e. reality sets in).

A very, very small number of people come here and have a "less pleasant" experience for what ever reason, and they too are blinded. If they were to return a few more times, they might come to realise that their personal experience was an exception to the rule. You've heard the old saying "First Impressions are Lasting Impressions" ? It doesn't just apply to meeting people for the first time. You may take a disliking to someone the first time you meet them, but over time come to realise that they really aren't that bad of a person, maybe they were just having a bad day when you met them. Same goes for travelling (at home or abroad).

I'd like to carry on, but I've got to get to work. Remember, play nice and lets have an intelligent discussion ! P.gif

that'd be about right....where's my post?????????????????

that'd be about right....where's my post?????????????????

Deleted !

The big guy deleted your post, the one that followed it, and even the quotes from those posts that were included in my post !

So, now that that is all gone, Take Note Visitors to Pattaya ! I'll be home pretty soon. So if your girlfriend suddenly decides she has to visit her sick great-uncle back in Nakhon Nowhere, relax, she's probably just freeing up her schedule for me !! :o

• 2 weeks later...

ive just been there to ###### long. it was too cheap, too much fun and too many sleezy girlfriends.

apologies.

my realtionship w/ pattaya sort of reminds me of my parents marriage... at 51 years. bickering and squabbling but still together.

and the building, trash, traffic, crime and general rudeness (farnags are often worst offenders)are all very real issues.

i will be leaving though, that is certain...in fact, i cant call it home anymore after last october.

All i know is was i had a great sonkran there last year they kept the yanks at sea extra 2 days and where else in the world can you soak a copper the day after he has given you a 400 baht motering fine i luv it :o

All i know is was i had a great sonkran there last year they kept the yanks at sea extra 2 days and where else in the world can you soak a copper the day after he has given you a 400 baht motering fine i luv it :o

Yet all the "toughguy" euro football hooligans coincidentally disappeared (or hid rather) when the Yanks landed, eh? :D

OH YES :o

Yeah my first trip to Thailand and Pattaya was Songkran last year. Heading back to Thailand next week but don't know if I should hit Pattaya before or after Songkran. My fellow farang there were pretty aggressive and nasty with the waterworks.

Yes last year was a bit full metal jacket as our us friends would say i broke 3 water guns and when i went back to the uk ended up in hospital for 8 days with real bad guts docs said it was the water from the pots and puddles watch out for the balconeys ice cold water from 4th 5th floor not good ha ha condoms away :o

OH YES :o

Yeah my first trip to Thailand and Pattaya was Songkran last year. Heading back to Thailand next week but don't know if I should hit Pattaya before or after Songkran. My fellow farang there were pretty aggressive and nasty with the waterworks.

The farangs are a pain in the butt at Songkran. Police should round up those endangering life and limb and put them in the monkey house to cool off!