What exactly is KOR ROR 2?

Often the case, different Immigration Offices, and officers within them, have different ideas.  My office said they wanted it the first time. 

The next year I got another one and was told I could have used the same one from previous year.  Which makes ZERO sense if you're actually meant to demonstrate you're still married/haven't been divorced in the past year. 

So I ignored that "advice" and got a new one every year. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Preacher said:

Khor ror 2 is a dated copy of the marriage registration. Immigration wants a new one each year as it confirms you are still married. Only costs 10 baht or 20 at some amphurs.

Here is an officially translated document:

443395652_MarriageRegistration.jpg.42cf0724d42cf2a8ddbdd7d09cb4c9d0.jpg

Edited by timendres
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your wife can request a Kor Ror 2 marriage registry at any Amphoe by showing her ID card and completing a form. The fee is 20 baht.

Here is a screen shot of the top of one (too much trouble to redact it). Mine is 3 pages long.

image.png.7060258a8c8aa6fdb340ea7c733b0449.png

Oh. And this is even if you were married in Thailand? having Thai marriage certificate? 

6 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Kinda curious why 3 pages?

Not sure why it has more pages. We did not get one when we got married. The only ones we have are the printed out ones the wife got at the Amphoe.

Page 1 looks like your example. 

Page 2 has 3 lines of numbered info and then the names of all those that signed off on our registry.

Page 3 is when my wife had to have to have her birth date changed that is shown on page one after a sharp eyed immigration office noticed it was wrong. It is just notes the error and has signatures on it. Before that there was only 2 pages.

19 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

I have to look in my files, but I think they only gave us the marriage certificate only. Would they have given you the registration and the certificate both?

We did not get one when we got married in 2001. We only have is the printout from the Amphoe.

When immigration first started requesting Kor Ror 2's some people could not get a printout of there's. They had to request it be entered in the database by the Amphoe where they registered their marriage.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, fletchsmile said:

I always think the Kor Ror 2 is pointless for immigration purposes, once you obtain a Kor Ror 3, as they wouldn't give you a Kor Ror 3 if you didn't do a Kor Ror 2 first LOL

Kor Ror 2 is the entry in the population registry. 

It will show your marital status. 

Immigration wants an updated one, that you still are married. (you have not divorced) 

A Kor Ror 3 is only issued at time of marriage. 

• Like 1

We did not get one when we got married in 2001. We only have is the printout from the Amphoe.
When immigration first started requesting Kor Ror 2's some people could not get a printout of there's. They had to request it be entered in the database by the Amphoe where they registered their marriage.
If you have a kor ror 22 do you have to get a new one every year ? And how?

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

If you have a kor ror 22 do you have to get a new one every year ? And how?

Some office may want a new one every year.

You or you wife can request a print out of it at a Amphoe. No different that requesting a Kor Ror 2.

• Like 1

Been married for 18 years and wifie has always followed my visa. This year was the first time CW immigration ever asked me for a KR2 to reconfirm we are still married. I'm surprised they didn't ask for reconfirmation our child is still our child. Maybe next time. Thai immigration has become so unfriendly, onerous, bureaucratic, xenophobic all just in the last year or so. My Thai friends are saying they are not happy with the government and something has to change.  Wonder if that means a new coup coming.  

Edited by RBOP
Spelling

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Your wife can request a Kor Ror 2 marriage registry at any Amphoe by showing her ID card and completing a form. The fee is 20 baht.

Here is a screen shot of the top of one (too much trouble to redact it). Mine is 3 pages long.

image.png.7060258a8c8aa6fdb340ea7c733b0449.png

Hi, it doesn’t affect me as I use a retirement extension but I am curious as to what is the position for Expats who were married overseas 

Surely the local Amphur wouldn’t be able to verify if the person was still married.

Thanks 

Stephen

8 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

Hi, it doesn’t affect me as I use a retirement extension but I am curious as to what is the position for Expats who were married overseas 

Surely the local Amphur wouldn’t be able to verify if the person was still married.

If married in another country immigration requires a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry that is issued after the foreign marriage is registered at an Amphoe.

If a person was to get divorced outside the country after the Kor Ror 22 was issued they would not know about it.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If married in another country immigration requires a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry that is issued after the foreign marriage is registered at an Amphoe.

If a person was to get divorced outside the country after the Kor Ror 22 was issued they would not know about it.

Thanks for that, my wife advises that we are registered perhaps when I obtained the yellow house book and pink ID card

Much appreciated.

Every year I show immigration the original docs and give them a printed and signed copy of each/ Kor Ror2 and Kor Ror3. Exactly the same as previous year. No need to go to the ampheur and "get a new one" at all.  fletchmile

i confirm what fletchmile said: you don't need to update KorRor2

every year, i show to CW the original one and it's ok (2 weeks ago)

1 hour ago, villerupt said:

i confirm what fletchmile said: you don't need to update KorRor2

every year, i show to CW the original one and it's ok (2 weeks ago)

I always write a updated one since if varies by office and things can change as well.

I would rather have the updated one in my paperwork than having to send my wife to get one from the local Amphoe to get one in a rush. So it a part of the preparations for applying that she handles every year since they started asking for it.

• Like 2

I have only ever shown my Kor Ror 2 and Kor Ror 3 when I first changed over from a retirement extension to a marriage extension and because there was a new head of investigations from Bangkok moved to Khon Kaen he wanted a new copy of the Kor Ror 2 and I was given a letter from him to take to the Amphure office and it cost me 20 baht and picked it up the next morning. I have never had to produce another copy or the original when I have renewed my marriage extension. The Kor Ror 2 is the main marriage document, it has the applicants signatures, the witnesses signatures and the officiating officer signature on it

I got a new one because it was on the Immigration checklist, and it "made sense" to my government brain that they would want to ensure I/we were still married if I was requesting an extension based on marriage to a Thai.

In my case, we had to drive through the Amphur town on route to Immigration anyway, so the 15 minutes and 20 Baht spent was an insurance policy against a whimsical I/O who could add 1 more day and a second 100km trip to the process, with a flick of an ink pen.

• 6 months later...

I think I read somewhere that it is also possible to get a Kor Ror 2 at City hall. Is that correct ? 

I will need one for my marriage extension next month, and I have seen reports that some Amphoe are not issuing them at the moment ?  Does anyone know if Banglamung Amphoe is still issuing them ?

32 minutes ago, Tony M said:

I think I read somewhere that it is also possible to get a Kor Ror 2 at City hall. Is that correct ? 

I will need one for my marriage extension next month, and I have seen reports that some Amphoe are not issuing them at the moment ?  Does anyone know if Banglamung Amphoe is still issuing them ?

They can gotten at city hall in Pattaya.

Mixed reports about getting one in Bangauang. Perhaps things will be different next month.