Supreme Court: Suspending Parliament was unlawful, judges rule

Jonathan Fairfield

2 minutes ago, JAG said:

Well, at the risk of being flippant, ( and perhaps not directed at Jinghing in particular but America in general, the bit where the party or candidate or proposal which/who wins the most votes also wins power or is enacted?

You mean like Hillary Clinton?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The whole "Brexit" debacle   from the "flawed" referendum, years of negotiations by a "remainer" prime minister who's deal was rejected by parliament 3 times then failure to ask "the people" again this time in a "legally binding" referendum...  in or out  either way  just get on with it !!!
Now that the Supreme Court has ruled, Parliament can get on with it.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, JAG said:

If an election results in Boris Johnson returning to power, then a no deal exit is firmly back on the table, Labour will be in opposition for the foreseeable future and the Tory rebels will be looking for work. As things stand, whilst not in government Labour have managed to get their paws on some of the levers of power, and (understandably) are unwilling to let go. - do you understand now?

Your argument is based on a prediction of future events.

Were you possessed of a ‘seeing eye’ you would have foreseen today’s outcome.

Actually, the knowledge that Johnson is a serial liar and hopelessly incompetent should have been enough of a portent of today’s outcome.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

No end of entertainment. At least for non-Brits.

HM will be extremely unamused. The decree issued by her, on 'her' PM's advice, is declared illegal, nul & void. I doubt that she's encountered that at any previous time in her 67 years on The Throne!

According to a senior Tory MP, she's going to be even more unamused tommorow when Johnson turns up at her house asking for a second proroguation. Apparently Dominic Cummings flew back from New York early to make up some more <deleted> to feed the Queen with.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAG said:

You may recall that at the start of this exchange I remarked that I was not surprised by the Supreme Court's decision. Mind you it would be fair to say that I am perhaps not as persuaded by the, how shall we put it, legal purity of the judgement as you may be.

Please do give us your expert legal opinion.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JAG said:

We are probably in for quite a long period of a stalled government, and yet more choleric grandstanding from Mr Speaker Bercow - he won't resign now!

The bullying allegations against the hobbit need to surface again on day 1.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1