One killed in Pathum Thani pileup

webfact

One killed in Pathum Thani pileup

By The Nation

download.jpg

Picture: Banmuang

The brakes malfunctioned on a ten-wheel tuck Tuesday night, causing it to hit a pickup truck in front of it and leading to a five-vehicle pileup on a ring road in Pathum Thani’s Sam Khok district Tuesday night, police said.

The Sam Khok police station was alerted at 9.30pm of the accident on a bridge on the western Kanchanapisek ring road at kilometer marker No 69+500 in Tambon Klong Kwai.

Police said a ten-wheel truck, two trailer trucks and two pickup trucks were damaged in the accident.

Police said the ten-wheel truck transporting fruit driven by Supoj Buadee hit the rear of a pickup driven by Chamnarn Chuiklang, 45, causing the vehicles and those in front to concertina.

Chamnarn was killed when his pickup became sandwiched between the ten-wheel truck and a trailer truck. The drivers of the other vehicles sustained minor injuries.

Police arrested Supoj and charged him with reckless driving causing death and injuries.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30376690

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-09-25
  • Haha 1

brake failure(?)kills more people on thai roads than anything else even though in most cases it is simply an excuse for speeding/using their phones/sleeping at the wheel or simply ignoring other drivers, when will they make safety checks of all trucks compulsory and start charging the truck owners big fines that make them do the right thing or put their trucks off the road, so much BS with trucks & buses in Thailand

• Like 2

its not brake failure, just a bloody excuse, as they never take responsibility, and why dont the cops check the vehicles,i bet in all these so called *brake failures* the brakes work perfectly, they just take a lying bar stewards word for it, its  manslaughter by negilgence, (shut up what am i saying)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Oh another brake failure ! lets make sure tourists have motorbike licences before renting ! how about decent heavy vehicle checks ?

If the ten wheel truck brake system was actually operated.... ie the driver didn't actually brake but slammed into the rear of the other vehicles?

Off coarse it was brake failure! 10 Wheeler traveling at 60km/hr with the brain dead, idiot behind the wheel high on yaba and sending an SMS decides to use his brakes 10 meters from the victim. Nothing is going to stop in that situation. Attending, brain dead BiB "Yep, that was brake failure --- Song Loi Baht, Kop Khun Krap --- You run along now, we'll clean up the mess".

• Like 1

9 hours ago, keith101 said:

Its about time truck drivers/owners and companies start getting charged with negligence causing injury and or death because of faulty brakes . I drove trucks for a living for a very long time and you know when there is a problem with the brakes well before they fail , the only you don't is when you get a sudden hole in the airline to the brakes and even then you can tell there is a problem .

These drivers who claim brake failure where either asleep or on their mobile phone or just not watching the road in front of them .

"It was brake failure, mista. I was doing 120 and had to stop in 20 metres when I saw the car in front of me stop, and the brakes didn't work in time."