"Farang in a Ferrari" - faces charges for assaulting Thai woman after car collision

webfact

Here's the original Facebook video. Hard to tell, but looks like a woman he threw the punch at, which is confirmed in the Sanook article. They just give his name as 'Wesley', 47 years-old. In the Facebook post his surname is given as Smith. In Khaosod they say he's luk kreung.

Also mentioned that he was known to police at Khonkaen's Ban Pet police station regarding a previous incident involving firearms and assault but charges were dropped.

Edited by katana

AmarinTV's Tupdoh news program followed up on the story today (26/09/19) and you can see Wesley make a tearful apology at 04.57.
He ended up paying out 20,000 Baht to the two girls and it was smiles and handshakes all round at the station.

Edited by katana

On 9/26/2019 at 9:10 AM, Dmaxdan said:

Shame... I'd throw the book at him just for claiming he was above the law.

Certainly not. In Thailand, if someone claims they're above the law  you must check their connections and bank account details before proceeding.

Even heroin trafficking can be forgiven according to recent appointments made to the highest levels of government - simple denial of seriousness is all that's required.

4 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

What a piece of works, gets out of it for 20k, calls himself a man. More like a self entitled git.

Oh come on, don't be too harsh on him.  It was likely 20K to the victims to clear the way for the charges to be quietly dropped for a commission on top of the 20K (unreported)... so maybe 40k... ???? I would still like to see him deported and blacklisted though ????

But in my view at least the Honda Prelude looks like a nice Ferrari to me now. I am surprised many times in how good they fake the cars. Would like to know how much he paid for this fake.

That he comes away with only 20K... I think he should pay much more (maybe not only meant money)!

15 hours ago, Barry343 said:

How do you call a 47 year old a juvenile, imbecile is okay.

A juvenile mind. I have encountered alot of men here who seem to think, and react like kids. Maybe it is rubbing off on some of the ex-pats too? They say environment is stronger than will power. I often ask, when confronted with such, where is the maturity and the emotional development of this guy!

Edited by spidermike007

Just now, johng said:
20 minutes ago, Barry343 said:
I think money will do the talking as his name is already not published.

His name was revealed in the video clips...I'll not mention his name due to draconian defamation laws.

What in Los, Shirley not.

On 9/27/2019 at 10:32 AM, spidermike007 said:

A juvenile mind. I have encountered alot of men here who seem to think, and react like kids. Maybe it is rubbing off on some of the ex-pats too? They say environment is stronger than will power. I often ask, when confronted with such, where is the maturity and the emotional development of this guy!

You mean 'here' as in TV or 'here' as in your locale?

Judging by the way expats drive here, your 'rubbing off' premise isn't entirely flawed but I much prefer to ignore them, both indigenous and import and ask more salient questions like what time is dinner?

On 9/27/2019 at 6:27 PM, Barry343 said:

Has this 47 year old who has powers over the Thai Government officals have a name. As for his previous pay offs why wasn't he deported. He is a scurge to socity.

You don't readily deport people who were either born here or have rights to Thai nationality and citizenship.

You can however lock 'em up.

On 9/27/2019 at 4:10 AM, observer90210 said:

Surely such an idiot must be driving one of those fake replica supercars, that are available all over in Thailand.....

Ferrarri should sue the a*s*h**le for giving out such a despicable image.

And then Honda for buggering up a perfectly good Prelude.

38 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I wrote:

38 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

You mean 'here' as in TV or 'here' as in your locale?

Judging by the way expats drive here, your 'rubbing off' premise isn't entirely flawed but I much prefer to ignore them, both indigenous and import and ask more salient questions like what time is dinner?

You don't readily deport people who were either born here or have rights to Thai nationality and citizenship.

You can however lock 'em up.

Here as in LOS. In the US one thing I do give them credit for. They drive with far more caution, more respect for other drivers, and more fear of, and respect for the law.