Thailand tourism: 40 million will visit "for sure" next year and Chinese for free, minister

webfact

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Given that market forces including the very strong Baht are discouraging people from coming, not to mention the accident and injury rate, I wonder what he will say if and when the number isn't hit. Most likely he will just do the normal thing and tell barefaced lies. Can't have tourism numbers going down now can we?

Stupid people the CRASH is coming watch the empty Airports empty hotels, poor Thailand

6 hours ago, Yinn said:

China come to Thailand the most.

Chinese spend the most baht per person.

Welcome to Thailand!

9005E8F9-B288-45D3-AAFA-3C0C74DEBA08.png

It's pretty normal to have a higher expenditure per day if your holiday is shorter. (Not many people travel all the way to Bangkok from Europe, or the U.S., for a five-day holiday, while from southern China it makes more sense.)

If I travel to Thailand in the morning, leaving again in the evening, then yes, thanks to the costs for flight ticket, etc., I'll be the "highest-spending" tourist (for the day)...

Great for the Guinness Book of records, but not that great for the economy.

6 hours ago, madmitch said:

Europeans the lowest spenders? Hmmmm.

Too many Cheap Charlie – stay long time and spend less per day – the other nations are better spenders, and Asian tourists stay short time and spend more per day...????

I think a lot TVF member listen each other say again and again “thai tourism go down” 

and many member say and want to feel “som nam na” because they angry about something happen.

they WANT thai tourism to go down.

But

it not go down. 

I show foreign graph, thai graph and Wikipedia. ALL say it up. Nowhere say it down. Only TVF people talk together. But other member who have business with China people know it up!

yes, people from England down. 

But the world up. 

Sorry, but is true.

suwaanaphumi open 2006. Now need it bigger. Don Muang make bigger. Now full. New airport coming in Phangnga, because Phuket full. Krabi etc etc.

Thailand is successful tourist country. 

if I am wrong. Show me. Where you information? 

6 hours ago, Momofarang said:

Really wonder what is so attractive for these people to come to Thailand? Besides the cheap sex there isn't much to speak of.

Are you just sitting at keyboard at home or do you go out? The Chinese hit the malls with those large rolling suitcases and buy up all kinds of stuff ( many of the same product ) Why? They go back and sell a lot of it to the many Chinese that don't have a passport or goods being affected by Trumps tarrifs.

They buy so much stuff that they fill their suitcases so the malls now have suitcase storage areas for them so they can go back and buy another suitcase  continue shopping and then return for stored luggage.  However they don't really go to bars, pick up bargirls, eat at non associated  Chinese restaurants, and shop where they are taken by the flag guys so independat stores/restaurants  don't get any money.

Have also been in condo lobby ( had just bought one) when six Chinese couples were brought in by a Thai lady and one person opened a briefcase full of stacks of US dollars and bought a condo. Didn't stay to see if the others bought any.

7 hours ago, Yinn said:

Generally speaking...

chinese go tour everyday, eat seafood, go shopping.

europe, sunbath on beach, pool, eat a sandwich.

How much Madmitch spend everyday?

Chinese give tip Yinn…? 

Chinise buy at Index and other furniture shops Yinn..?

Chinese send money to Thai Lady..    Yinn ?????

Chinese build house for Thai mia    Yinn...? 

Don't worry Yinn if Thai don't like westerners no more coming or stay  just put it on one of those big electronic billboards screens and we go Yinn

Some are already gone and some more considering it  Yinn  ... 

Me..,  I am patient man …. I just give Thailand 2.5 years more to become "Land of smiles" again , or I am gone too ….taking my bank account with me ...Yinn  ????

PS: I forgot to mention  that most of us ….. have red or blue passports good for approx. 146 country's in the wide world to enter visa free  Yinn …..lucky Thailand, as Chines not so and thus just visit the neighbors... 

A lot of my friends have been in the Thai tourist industry for 30yrs plus and say this is one of the worst rainy seasons they have seen. I think if you place yourself well and are not too greedy you can keep going on what tourists remain. But the lack of diversity is going to be a big problem.

Looking at the Chinese owned businesses (which are quite a few), it is quite possible they are operating as vehicles for other businesses and facilitating foreign exchange etc.

3 hours ago, johnsmith8888 said:

The thai govt does not lie. Thai visa fanboys are toothless wonders. No facts just full of bitterness. Prayut has saved this country and he was democratically elected. 

If u like Trump u have to like prayut and I like Trump. 

Thai visa sex mongers and issan eating losers can go off to vietnam. I will stay and honor the red bull kingdom and cheapest liquor in the world.. king power. I love them all. 

eagerly await  your third  posting

5 hours ago, Yinn said:

Hmmmm.

One night, support several families, many months?

how many families? How many months? 

Amazing.

Which survey?

Ok I'll try to answer that question. I started coming to Thailand in April of 2000 with 2 friends, later with as many as 5 friends . We came 2 to 4 times a year and stayed for 2 to 3 weeks. I spent between $2,000 to $4,000 USD each trip. My friends sometimes more. That included hotels, bars, tours, shopping, restaurants ( and as Americans we tip ) and of course Thai girls.  A total of 13 of my friends ended up visiting Thailand and 6 of us are married to Thai (3 of us living here now) 

That's where the expression 2 week millionare comes from because Thai would think we were farang millionares becuse we spent so much money in a short time. We made good monney but had  saved it up over time to come here and  treat ourselves .We could not afford to live/spend like that all the time.

5 hours ago, madmen said:
5 hours ago, madmen said:

master card for one but its ignored because the basher's can't face reality

master card for one but its ignored because the basher's can't face reality

What if Europeans/Americans don't use their cards in Thailand? What if they carry US$5000/5000€ etc in cash for their ten day/two week trip?

How would Mastercard know?

Even if the figures were true, why would people like Yinn imagine that mass tourism is good for the country.

Look at the examples of Chinese pyramid marketing companies, working in conjunction with local government, to bring thousands of 'employees' for a few days, in order to be herded around. Only the very few will profit from these enterprises. It's all about marketing their questionable product and kickbacks....on both sides.

Do you really imagine that these are employees and that it is pure largesse on the part of the company?

Kickbacks galore and more pressure on the local infrastructure. Who loves hundreds of smoke belching coaches on their roads?

Especially when, at a stroke, it can all disappear. Upset China and they will ban the locust tours and the numbers will drop like a stone.  

So don't get excited by large numbers, as if it is always a good thing. 

So African tourists have the third highest spend per visitor in Thailand. Surely TAT should pursue this market?  But, then again, Immigration seems to be targeting this demographic for illegal activity?

I was reading a few months ago that the Indian market was going to be the saviour for the Thai tourism industry? Is this still the case?

Such statistics raise more questions than answers? Does Thailand have a long term coherent tourism plan or does this change with each Minister and each press conference? Sometimes it is hard to tell. 

There is no doubt tourist numbers to the Kingdom are always trending up. Yet many in the tourism industry are suffering. I can only guess that the changing tourism nationalities mean that people are not going to the traditional places and are going elsewhere.

If you are trying to make money in the industry I guess change is a constant these days and you have to stay on top of the trends. You can't rely on what the government is telling you, that's one thing that won't change.

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Given that market forces including the very strong Baht are discouraging people from coming, not to mention the accident and injury rate, I wonder what he will say if and when the number isn't hit. Most likely he will just do the normal thing and tell barefaced lies. Can't have tourism numbers going down now can we?

Yeah, and the target of 40m+ tourists could already have been a reality if the focus was on improvements rather than just numbers - key words Corruption/Safety/Scam/2 price System/Pollution/Visa rules etc ...

1 hour ago, david555 said:

Chinese give tip Yinn…? 

Small, same German.

Chinise buy at Index and other furniture shops Yinn..?

I not know. But index have bad qulity. 

Chinese send money to Thai Lady..    Yinn ?????

For what?

Chinese build house for Thai mia    Yinn...? 

If have thai mia.

Many. 

Don't worry Yinn if Thai don't like westerners no more coming or stay  just put it on one of those big electronic billboards screens and we go Yinn

Nobody say that.

EVERYBODY WELCOME.

Why so many caucasion think if Chinese welcome, then caucasion not welcome? We not hate Chinese (or Indian or Arab). But some you guys hate them. 

Your country have Chinese tourism? Or not?

20 million Chinese, less than 1 million english. You want us to stop them for you?????

They are welcome. You are welcome.

everybody welcome to thailand. Chinese must do TM30 etc.

Some are already gone and some more considering it 

Up to you. 

Me..,  I am patient man …. I just give Thailand 2.5 years more to become "Land of smiles" again , or I am gone too ….taking my bank account with me ...Yinn  ????

Ok. 

Good luck

PS: I forgot to mention  that most of us ….. have red or blue passports good for approx. 146 country's in the wide world to enter visa free  Yinn …..lucky Thailand, as Chines not so and thus just visit the neighbors... 

My passport red.

Archived