ExGirlfriend Holding My Stuff At Randsome

ExpatLife

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If you're really lucky you might die before then.

I stopped having 'normal' conversations 10 odd years back when I realised the 'work hard, save for a future, behave decently and honestly' western work ethic was all a scam to transfer money from hard working men to lazy, selfish trollops.

So how did you do that?

At least you understand my point a little ...

The last guy on here this morning was only asking 'politely' on how to import/export some stuff from Australia.

The retirement Farangs on here, shot him down, in a split second! (the guys who support their wife's, staying with them for money only).

If you live here, in Thailand, the Farangs you are surrounded with, are mostly at the end stage of their life. They live in retirement. 

That's the main audience we are talking to on here. 

And I see them, and they argue around, and I think ... well ... what a bunch of old useless guys on garden leave ????

Pls take it with a grain of salt ???? 

8 minutes ago, ExpatLife said:

a scam lol? why the hell would I come here asking for advice on this for fun? To waste my time? You want to see a pic of the police turning up at my house? I have been so out of it the last few days with lack of sleep, worries, moving around, dealing with absolute BS, drinking to calm my nerves, my memory and whatever else isn't on par.
Sit down, get off your high horse and have half a brain 

You don't have to do this ... most guys on here live their lives without half of their brains. (they are all average 70 or something).

They will never listen to what you posted or wanted to talk about ... as long as their wife's get what they want, they are still here, as couples/having a nurse at home.

Edited by RedPill
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RedPill said:

If you live here, in Thailand, the Farangs you are surrounded with, are mostly at the end stage of their life. They live in retirement.

I'm surrounded by Thais in a Thai only area, and have no real desire to interact with other foreigners in person.

I doubt I have more than 5 years of life left. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RedPill said:

You don't have to do this ... most guys on here live their lives without half of their brains. (they are all average 70 or something).

They will never listen to what you posted or wanted to talk about ... as long as their wife's get what they want, they are still here, as couples/having a nurse at home.

It seems to me that you are generalising a lot.

Be nice to old people, with some skills and good luck, one day you'll be one of them.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

It seems to me that you are generalising a lot.

Be nice to old people, with some skills and good luck, one day you'll be one of them.

Exactly!

I'm a nice guy, and I wish ever body the best!

I only generalize strongly, to make a point and balance it out.

I hope you get this ????

Edited by RedPill
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

You know what, the fact that the OP had to come back on page 16 to defend his 'casual question', when he was in need ... with pictures later!?!

And all the older guys not show any sympathy ... that tells me everything about the people on this forum! 

What I wish you old guys is that: May your money never run out and your nurse run away!

Edited by RedPill
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/28/2019 at 11:37 AM, RedPill said:

But your personal data on a pc or laptop, is valuable. Think about all the saved passwords stored in the browsers, providing access to all sorts of online accounts, online banking information, credit card information, emails etc. 

It could cause a lot of problems to your private life if you don't protect it correctly, and it falls into wrong hands.

Have it all available stored somewhere else, to quickly change pwds etc. is really something you have to think about.

Later, it's too late.

Only an idiot doesn't have his/her computer fully encrypted when it's shutdown and does something stupid like store passwords in browsers and stores their passwords in plaintext. That's asking for trouble and wanting to get hacked.

Edited by bbi1
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2019 at 11:47 AM, ExpatLife said:

lol why are some people so not understanding (I do not mean you RedPill, the person you are replying to) I have so many memories, contacts, programs, browser settings and bookmarks... Plus like you said, these days your ID is all over your computer, if it gets into the wrong hands (a vengeful crazy ex) then yeah, who knows. And it wasn't just a laptop, it was an iMac.

Why didn't you have full-disk encryption on your laptop if "your ID is all over your computer" and make sure any private things are encrypted so they're safe? Don't you care about the security of your info?

Edited by bbi1

On 9/28/2019 at 11:52 AM, RedPill said:

Online protection is one thing, but the moment someone has your device physically in front of them ... everyone can gain access and by-pass your user logons.

And once inside, it's good bye to your private life & your money at risk, if there are bad thoughts behind it.

You're over-generalising and is so not true if the user has some brains and actually secures their computer & devices appropriately.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Only an idiot doesn't have his/her computer fully encrypted when it's shutdown and does something stupid like store passwords in browsers and stores their passwords in plaintext. That's asking for trouble and wanting to get hacked.

Exactly!

And that's why this thread is not 'utter non-sense'

90 percent of the people, or more, I meet DON'T have a backup.

All my life ... that was my profession, before I became a 'half brain dead Thailand retiree' without any common sense ...

????

A good reminder for everyone ... why is it all utter no-sense, BS and a scam, like Mr. Fred want to make you all to believe?

Edited by RedPill

2 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

You're over-generalising and is so not true if the user has some brains and actually secures their computer & devices appropriately.

Of course, that's why it was a good discussion to have yesterday and today ... and not utter nonsense. Do you agree?

Edited by RedPill

42 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Why didn't you have full-disk encryption on your laptop

Now you are going way too deep ???? Remember the average age on here! 

These are old people on here!

Not corporates, inviting you and understanding your tech sales IT security pitch! ????

Having 'No backup' is one thing to work on ...

You talk about HDD encryption on top of it, are you serious? ????

What you get to hear on this site is this: "if you are not a criminal, you have nothing to lose with a laptop"

Complete brain dead farangs! Don't waste your efforts with them. It's too late for them and they are not interested in reality.

Bad thing is, they have stored their pwd into a browser to post something on their TV account. That's only how far it goes.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

That's the only game in town.

Your god Roosh, only managed to bang women I wouldn't even consider, then he hit 40, couldn't bang anyone for free, and had to find religion.

Redpill isn't reality, it's just another meme created by an aging pick-up artist and centred around his fantasy for white Christian teenage virgins.

Read Rollo Tomassi, not Roosh. Roosh is a pick up artist who has lost it. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

Enough!

Of course, you can call people a scam, utter-nonse and BS, what ever you want, all day long.

But when someone points out that you are wrong, then it's enough.

I think it's enough for people like you. If you have some respect, you better apologize to the OP, he even came back with pictures for you!

By now the GF has realized she will not get the ransom money she wants.

So this is what she has probably done... burned the clothes and the bank book. As far as the computer, the hard drive was probably reformatted, and a new OS has been installed. Encrypting the drive won't mean diddly if there's a way to install a new OS on existing HDD. Another scenario... existing HDD has been removed and is now sitting at the bottom of a rice paddy.

Just kidding, she probably hasn't done any of these things; however if I should meet her, I will advise her to do all of these just so this thread can be closed.

The OP needs to learn to cut his losses and move on.

This reminds me of another story where a farang bought a house or shop with his own money for his wife but was kicked out of his own house afterwards because foreigners can't own landed properties.

Morale of story is 'beware of gold-diggers'.

Edited by EricTh
  • Haha 1

On 9/27/2019 at 4:36 PM, ExpatLife said:

OP Question I guess you have to ask is simple.

If you walk away you can safely assume that you will have to replace everything.

What is the replacement cost. and is the difference that much between what she wants and your number.  

Another way to consider it is a divorce payment LOL.

On 9/28/2019 at 10:51 AM, ExpatLife said:

I have experience with them, good and bad. I can also speak Thai so it helps. Anyway, I got my iMac, the b*tch sold my camera though, and also some money I had stashed away 'is gone' - funny you meet a girl who works at a bank, seems ok, live with her for 4 years and then when you want to break up, all hell breaks loose. Lesson learned. Also the police didn't require any money 

of course you got your imac back, it was your imac.

some people here dont seem to understand that if you are in the country legally, not done anything wrong and have nothing to hide you actually do have a leg to stand on.

the run away brigade live in fear.   

they think everyone else should to.