ExGirlfriend Holding My Stuff At Randsome

ExpatLife

1 hour ago, JaiLai said:

You really think his Thai partner would have had the ability to destroy his life my taking over his digital life......really??think you've been watching too many movies.

I'm not at all worried about getting my computer hacked, not in the slightest, not one little bit.....

You personally know 100s and 1000s of people who have been hacked - thanks for that, i always like a good laugh, your posts certainly provide that!

Well, you know, it's reality ... you are online all the time and have stored all of your personal info on your pc.

What do you know is happening in the background, it's clearly not your area of expertise. More ignorance.

Who says the Thai partner has to do it? She will just pass the PC on to someone else, you want try that?

You don't don't have to believe me, it's 2019. Where do you think we live? In a movie?

Edited by RedPill

Well, you know, it's reality ... you are online all the time and have stored all of your personal info on your pc.
What do you know happens in the background? 

Who says the Thai partner has to do it? She will just pass the PC on to someone else, you want try that?

You don't don't have to believe me, it's 2019. Where do you think we live? In a movie?

As stated I’m not at all concerned, no point at all worrying about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

As stated I’m not at all concerned, no point at all worrying about it.

Ok, just because you are not concerned, the rest of the Internet users and people who lose their laptop don't have to be either?

Come back to reality pls ... you are not alone in this world!

Edited by RedPill

9 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

Stop being paranoid

Ok, no worries ... it's all fiction ]

25 years of my past life, all bull for the Farang expat! You guys are really too shallow, or too old, pick one!

I have to go now, people live here since 1967, have never seen a thai girl ripping off a farang of a house ...

Another one, cyber attacks or hacking doesn't exist ...

wow .. what an audience to talk to! Keep my mind up and sharp, not really!

Edited by RedPill

50 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

You’re being silly now, obviously it happens.

It’s up to you to chose if you’re gonna be paranoid about it, not me, too busy having a life.

Bi bi

So what when the discussion was on topic for exactly that to protect personal data, and it happens! It's no fiction.

Whether you are busy or not!

... and you have to go against it? For what? 

I go to the beach tomorrow, makes more sense than talking on here. Sorry, just a flashback of IT security of my past life.

What should I really care about your computers, I'm retired already ????

Edited by RedPill

So what when the discussion was on topic for exactly that to protect personal data, and it happens! It's no fiction.
Whether you are busy or not!
... and you have to go against it? For what? 

I go to the beach tomorrow, makes more sense than talking on here. Sorry, just a flashback of IT security of my past life.

What should I really care about your computers, I'm retired already [emoji6]

Exactly, give everyone a rest and stop worrying <deleted>

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, JaiLai said:

You personally know 100s and 1000s of people who have been hacked - thanks for that, i always like a good laugh, your posts certainly provide that!

I want get back to you on that, because it does concern me a little. You asked a question 'have you have ever seen a computer hacked in person', and you are laughing out so loud if you get the answer. Watching too many movies.

Only a small corporate with 1000 workstations compromised, is already 1000 hacked computers, bigger companies with 40k workstations, servers, private computers, half of them compromised and hacked, and how to get them up and running again, with backups and images, within 2, 3 days, that's a usual day for an IT Sec guy. I didn't count the exact numbers of hacked computers I've seen, but yeah, they are in the thousands. 

But that's business life ... behind me. 

We are here in Thailand, all far away from home, relying a lot on online banking, credit card purchases for plane tickets etc. 

I give you one example, maybe you might be able to relate to it.

Kasikorn Bank Internet banking has only a username/pwd to log on to your account online. No 2 factor authentication.

If that pwd is stored in your browser .... and your angry Thai girl gives this laptop to someone else and he get's has access to it. 

What about that? Is that a too paranoid thought? How many of you have 400k or 800k in an account here?

Yeah, for a transfer you need SMS, so you better watch your phone.

Simple things like that and a hundred other ones ... it's not fiction JaiLai. 

Edited by RedPill

6 hours ago, RedPill said:

I want get back to you on that, because it does concern me a little. You asked a question 'have you have ever seen a computer hacked in person', and you are laughing out so loud if you get the answer. Watching too many movies.

Only a small corporate with 1000 workstations compromised, is already 1000 hacked computers, bigger companies with 40k workstations, servers, private computers, half of them compromised and hacked, and how to get them up and running again, with backups and images, within 2, 3 days, that's a usual day for an IT Sec guy. I didn't count the exact numbers of hacked computers I've seen, but yeah, they are in the thousands. 

But that's business life ... behind me. 

We are here in Thailand, all far away from home, relying a lot on online banking, credit card purchases for plane tickets etc. 

I give you one example, maybe you might be able to relate to it.

Kasikorn Bank Internet banking has only a username/pwd to log on to your account online. No 2 factor authentication.

If that pwd is stored in your browser .... and your angry Thai girl gives this laptop to someone else and he get's has access to it. 

What about that? Is that a too paranoid thought? How many of you have 400k or 800k in an account here?

Yeah, for a transfer you need SMS, so you better watch your phone.

Simple things like that and a hundred other ones ... it's not fiction JaiLai. 

yawn - not at the beach yet?

On 9/28/2019 at 7:22 AM, ExpatLife said:

I have my passport but my bankbook is in the house

If there is a lot of money in the bank then you must quickly go to the bank declare you lost the bankbook and have a new one made. Is it a joint account? To withdraw your missus and you both must sign ? If not then you are safe.

20 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

my response was pretty clear i thought. 

sure its not you with the ropey english?

i wasnt even aware nordic or latino were languages.

Nordic languages are Swedish, Norwegian or Nynorsk, and Danish

Latino include French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese.

1 minute ago, wgdanson said:

Nordic languages are Swedish, Norwegian or Nynorsk, and Danish

Latino include French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese.

give it up man, it was a joke.

and if you really want to get semantic, latino refers expressly to latin americans.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latino
https://www.thefreedictionary.com/Latino

http://www.learnersdictionary.com/definition/Latino

the term you are seeking is "latinate" which refers to the so-called "romance languages" you have described above.

Please just let it go.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2019 at 8:53 PM, RedPill said:

Ok, no worries ... it's all fiction ]

25 years of my past life, all bull for the Farang expat! You guys are really too shallow, or too old, pick one!

I have to go now, people live here since 1967, have never seen a thai girl ripping off a farang of a house ...

Another one, cyber attacks or hacking doesn't exist ...

wow .. what an audience to talk to! Keep my mind up and sharp, not really!

Guess all the governemnt files and documemts that have been hacked was all lies and government consipercy to commit violent acts againt another country. Just ignire this troll. Well maybe he is not a troll and blantanly just that stupid. Either way just ignore him. Ive had to do that many times on here. Not reply afyer spmeone commemted on my post because the reply was so stupid and didnt even deserve my time. Honestly more then likely he or she is trying to get a reaction out of you and they ate doing just that. And you are giving them want they want. Hence why i mostly just read and dont comment or post much at all. As most of the time its not wirth my time and effort. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, brian2f2f said:

Guess all the governemnt files and documemts that have been hacked was all lies and government consipercy to commit violent acts againt another country. Just ignire this troll. Well maybe he is not a troll and blantanly just that stupid. Either way just ignore him. Ive had to do that many times on here. Not reply afyer spmeone commemted on my post because the reply was so stupid and didnt even deserve my time. Honestly more then likely he or she is trying to get a reaction out of you and they ate doing just that. And you are giving them want they want. Hence why i mostly just read and dont comment or post much at all. As most of the time its not wirth my time and effort. 

Yes, thanks. I know what you mean. And you are correct!

It's sometimes hard to slow down and put your brain to zero ... I get carried away with all the things I have seen before and know are happening.

Back in 2010 we were researching and consulting corporates on Stuxnet, one of the first malicious code infecting industrial units of power plants. Big political story who was behind hit, Iran/US/Israel etc. 

Today, I just want to update people on the importance of making a simple backup, since it always come up and is part of peoples lives and no one has one. We are all online everyday and have a lot of sh##t on that computer about our lives.

... and it's not possible to hold that very easy/topic conversation!

That I can't talk to every Thai on the street about it, ok, one thing ... but from fellow Farang expats, I would have expected a bit of higher level of conversations. 

Sometimes I think I just have to dumb myself down to a level where I just enjoy the coconut trees around me ????

Edited by RedPill

On 10/1/2019 at 4:00 PM, RedPill said:
On 10/1/2019 at 10:46 AM, NanLaew said:

And because you personally don't know anyone who "actually lost their house" then it goes without saying that no farang has ever lost their house here? I think there's one blogger/vlogger that was inspired to 'educate' others after his own personal matrimonial trainwreck... or maybe it was his alleged friend's misfortune? Either way, they're out there.

I look at it this way. There's probably a handful of foreigners that have lost the house, shop, apartments, farm or whatever 'shared' landholding they had through marriage to a local. When they come up empty handed, they tend to slink off back home rather than stick around and draw the criticism and ridicule of fellow, holier-than-thou farangs who have cleverly avoided such happenstance through proxy ownership and other legally questionable constructs... and keeping their cock in their pants.

It wasn't my house... I was renting it. I don't like to stay in one place for too long so I always rent. The rent was in her name and so the police didn't even allow me inside to get my things when it came to that stage the first time around, she had to go in and get them for me. 
We were not married, we were just BF and GF for 4 years, and the relationship turned sour over the last year, we grew apart and when I tried to end it this happened. 

I have most of my stuff back, living in a new place with a new girl, moved on and so it's all good. Although the baaaa ex is still trying to contact me, I feel she is holding onto my camera as a means to make me come back to her in some weird logic. I don't know. 
I did not pay for everything, in out relationship, I am not like that and I feel it's both disgusting and wrong. I'm 31, I paid for the rent, she paid for the some bills, sometimes food, gifts, blablabla. It was a pretty normal relationship. 

Edited by ExpatLife

On 9/30/2019 at 11:42 PM, Kalasin Jo said:

I'd be very wary of doing that! Is she violent?

I do not and did not want to even look at her let alone touch her. We grew apart in the final year yes, but after seeing this side of her why the hell would I do that? And she isn't violent as much no, but she has one hell of a voice on her 

16 minutes ago, ExpatLife said:

I'm 31, I paid for the rent, she paid for the some bills, sometimes food, gifts, blablabla. It was a pretty normal relationship. 

Since you have writed before you paid for the rent and fire bill and she paid for the water bill

it was a pretty normal classic unbalanced relationship thai\farang

The urban legend stating young blokes do not pay, in a way or another, for ''love'' is definitively a joke.

Anyway it's your business and the most important is you are comfortable with it.

You should now ask to the mods to close your thread or we will have again a bunch of idiots 

jumping in it with no clue of the issue, just reading the title and comment on it.

Cheers

congratulations on actually hooking up with a bank teller. based on some of the comments i think that this is the #1 fantasy here on TV followed 7/11 cashier. :clap2:

I wonder if she worked at a bank near Asoke? I was chatting online to similar lady.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

It was a 4 year relationship with a bank teller, not a sex worker. 
I got back most of my stuff via the police 
I have since moved out and looking for a new place, hotel hopping as we speak. 
Did she work in a bank near Asoke?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, RedPill said:

Yes, thanks. I know what you mean. And you are correct!

It's sometimes hard to slow down and put your brain to zero ... I get carried away with all the things I have seen before and know are happening.

Back in 2010 we were researching and consulting corporates on Stuxnet, one of the first malicious code infecting industrial units of power plants. Big political story who was behind hit, Iran/US/Israel etc. 

Today, I just want to update people on the importance of making a simple backup, since it always come up and is part of peoples lives and no one has one. We are all online everyday and have a lot of sh##t on that computer about our lives.

... and it's not possible to hold that very easy/topic conversation!

That I can't talk to every Thai on the street about it, ok, one thing ... but from fellow Farang expats, I would have expected a bit of higher level of conversations. 

Sometimes I think I just have to dumb myself down to a level where I just enjoy the coconut trees around me ????

I really need to start doing better about backing all of my content up. I lost some pics and vids of my mom the last ill ever have of her because i wasnt careful to make sure my files were backed. My mom passed away so its impossible to ever get any pics or vids with her again. I have started back up everything on both my notebook and external hdd but lately been lazy about it. On the back up aspect i also think its good to have files that are important and dont want to lose backed up on a few different places. That wat if something happes to one of 2 back ups you still have at keast 1 or 2 more back up locations to access your files from. I botnally back up to 2 different email accounts as well as at least 1 external hdd. Backing up is not just important for hacking or stolen but also good incase of a crash or corruption in the current storage location. As that alone could destroy all your saved data. 

• Like 1