A solution to the problem of Thailand's haze? Smaller incense sticks, says minister

rooster59

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

But that was exactly what he said.

No sorry, that is not exactly what he said.

The Doctor was talking in Thai. He did NOT say that using smaller sticks it would “alleviate” the smog problem in the south because of the Indonesia fires.

Rooster said that, not the doctor. Get a thai to read it for you.

the doctor just advice that it not healthy, good idea to use small one, not use in small room with no air, and make sure extinguish it.

He talk about it because is popular when have the vegetarian festival.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Why not use boat propellors to push the haze away?  Easy!

Been saying that for years , Helicopters  ( ooh ooh we have new ones of course ) can fly upside down pushing the smoke up up and away and the drivers of the 'copters can mow my lawn at the same time innit.

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

No sorry, that is not exactly what he said.

The Doctor was talking in Thai. He did NOT say that using smaller sticks it would “alleviate” the smog problem in the south because of the Indonesia fires.

Rooster said that, not the doctor. Get a thai to read it for you.

the doctor just advice that it not healthy, good idea to use small one, not use in small room with no air, and make sure extinguish it.

He talk about it because is popular when have the vegetarian festival.

In English we have a saying 'A p..s in the ocean'. That's what joss sticks are to the atmosphere.

2 hours ago, transam said:

Hmmmm, one of those who paid for his job, it seems...:coffee1:

Yes he paid for it for sure. He would have had to toady up to Prayut like the rest of them in the fight to get to the trough. 

All minister were subsequently hand picked by Prayut and rewarded for their support for voting for him to become Prime Minister; ministerial brains never came into it.

That's why there are so many morons posing as Ministers in the Prayut Chan-o-cha  government and that's why so many of them come out and make idiotic statements such as this. The Tourism Minister ranks alongside this goose. 

2 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

:cheesy::cheesy:

:cheesy:

And these guys are government ministers....

They are part of a team that run the country...

They are meant to have had a proper education...

Be scared...

Be very very scared out there...

Hi guzzi.

Ask your wife if the doctor really say that. 

Rooster. 

The doctor really say that small sticks will fix the air problem from the indo fire? Or not?

Can you show me that quote? Or not?

46 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

That's why there are so many morons posing as Ministers in the Prayut Chan-o-cha  government and that's why so many of them come out and make idiotic statements such as this. The Tourism Minister ranks alongside this goose. 

I doubt the general is responsible for all the fools that are MPs.

Seems to be normal for most countries governments.

Anyway, back to the OP, this chap speaking is a Doctor, he's been cutting folk open in the past.

I find that thought far more worrying.

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

particles could be lessened

Technically yes, they would be lessened.  But not significantly.  And why focus on people of Chinese descent?  Wonder if Thailand is starting to have some of its officials be a little concerned about the number of Chinese hanging around

9 minutes ago, Yinn said:

You guys all believe it. Believe anything 55555555555

who is stupid?

Thankyou. 

EVERY translation the same. To mock, ridicule, complain and criticize thai people. 

Oh no we don't.....

12 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Thankyou. 

EVERY translation the same. To mock, ridicule, complain and criticize thai people. 

You know what Yinn, you appear to be a very sensitive person, and Thai naturally.

You see the thing is, westerners have been brought up in predominantly free country's, able to express their views, freely, openly and without fear of being arrested, it's called freedom of speech, within reason of course, and people most often, do not get offended, unfortunately you have not been able to experience this, hence the reason you are so defensive when you have to refer to the Oxford dictionary or other to obtain the above.  

Criticism is not illegal, it's one expressing their views, and to be honest, you would NEVER get a Government Minister making such a shameful statement as he would be showing that he's mentality would be on par to a 5 year old child, seriously, incense sticks....but then again, like I said, this is the LOS

3 minutes ago, Yinn said:

who is stupid?

Definitely not the people who poison their air year after year after year with toxic fumes and smoke, and not the people who allow it to continue.

Also not the people who turned their roads into some of the deadliest in the world.

We could continue this discussion and talk more about statistical low IQs and other things that legitimately make a person stupid, but I need to run. The light is about to turn green and I need to make sure that I don’t accidentally hit the family in front of me on their motorbike because none of the 4 kids on the bike are wearing helmets.

46 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I doubt the general is responsible for all the fools that are MPs.

Seems to be normal for most countries governments.

Anyway, back to the OP, this chap speaking is a Doctor, he's been cutting folk open in the past.

I find that thought far more worrying.

He might not have been a surgeon, he might just have been the pox doctor's clerk for all we know.

However what we do know for sure is he was one of the Democrat Party defectors so the general was duty bound to give him a ministry, brains or no brains. Mr. P needed his vote to get himself over the line as Prime Minister. 

I suppose the general might be the Ringleader of the Circus but he has no control of which way his clowns might jump, especially when he is absent.

14 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

You see the thing is, westerners have been brought up in predominantly free country's, able to express their views, freely, openly and without fear of being arrested, it's called freedom of speech, within reason of course, and people most often, do not get offended, unfortunately you have not been able to experience this, hence the reason you are so defensive when you have to refer to the Oxford dictionary or other to obtain the above.  

I'd like to add that if somebody got offended, in the good old days that was their problem, not the speaker's. Back in those wild days people had what used to be called thick skin. It's nearly extinct now, only some of us old dinosaurs still got it.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I quite like the smell of incense.

Fish sauce I can do without.

Hey my main Brit man , Last year I said on coming in ' Good 'eavens what the ...is that stink ? ' I thought we needed the drains cleaning , it turned out to be the neighbours making crab jelly , trust me the drains are sweeter innit.

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A solution to the problem of Thailand's haze? Smaller incense sticks, says minister

Rooster, your headline implies something that the original article does not refer to at all. You have consciously made fake news at the expense of that minister. That's deplorable. I thought you had higher standards than that.

It also reflects badly on ThaiVisa as a disseminator of news. And it may also mean that you think the TV readership can't think for themselves.

here is a relevant portion of the Forum Rules, I think it should pertain to admin people, also:

2) You will not use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

Another joke about the air situation and the 2.5 particles, haven't you noticed yet that here in Thailand everything is burned without respect for people and the environment?
Stop finding meaningless excuses and start fighting this bad situation!

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thailand's deputy public health minister has suggested a way to alleviate the devastating haze blanketing the south of Thailand. 

What do you think of spirals against mosquitoes that are burned in large quantities daily?

In the face of global warming, these incense sticks should be immediately banned ! I leave my refrigerator door open every day for 2 minutes in a desperate attempt to prolong the life of our planet, but what chance do we have against millions of incense sticks burning away like little volcanoes ????

I HAVE A GREAT IDEA to 'float' past readers:

On a par with 'shorter josh sticks' to alleviate air pollution - how about my flood prevention idea?

Throw shed loads of these 7-11 yellow sponges on the ground to soak up all of the flood water. 

Anyone know how I can contact Dr Satit Pitutacha?

Archived