Why so much negativity?

Iren1cuss

1 hour ago, quandow said:

In truth, Thailand has been more and more difficult to live in as each year passes. I've often told the story of how, when I first came here in 2006, I could go out with 5k baht in my pocket, get laid, have a nice meal, then club until the sun came up. It's just gotten more expensive and the requirements for staying here became more stringent. Am I still here? Yup. Am I still happy? HELL yes! Am I now too old to club until the sun comes up? Hahahahaha . . .

5k is still a lot of money. 2k for a lady. You still have 3k left. What's a nice meal? Did you go for drinks at the clubs? Rang the bell somewhere? Skip the fancy cocktails and you can eat and drink a lot for 3k. 

15 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

We can't take the  constant whining by the weeners seriously as a measure of discontentment. I was taught that complainers complain 100% of the time and distort reality, whereas people who offer compliments only register their opinions about 10% of the time. It roughly 10-1 ratio. No wonder ThaiVisa registers this distorted view.  Negativity also elicits more responses so ThaiVisa stays happy.

And on top of that, how many of the whiners are actually living in Thailand long term? Why sit in a sofa in the UK and complain about for example immigration laws in Thailand? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/29/2019 at 12:14 AM, CharlieH said:

The majority of negativity stem from the ability or lack thereof to meet the retirement visa requirements due to recent changes.

That doesn't apply in your circumstances so shouldn't effect your plans at all. ????

Enjoy !

The leaders in crying over this are Brits, I beleive so.

I am sure there are thousands of Japanese in TH with less income then few years back or other nationalities but maybe they dont have a forum to brag about it. Good advice, appreciate as we should still encourage people to settle here. This year my NONB visa was trouble free compared to last year as docs were more organized and well presented. So I was surprised on the prompt actions of immigration whereas no one in this forum talks good of them. 

When we cross 40 or 50, we are supposed to be more tolerant, mature, accomodating, visionary, wisdom ........ but yes we read it the other way. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Thaifriends said:

The leaders in crying over this are Brits, I beleive so.

I am sure there are thousands of Japanese in TH with less income then few years back or other nationalities but maybe they dont have a forum to brag about it. Good advice, appreciate as we should still encourage people to settle here. This year my NONB visa was trouble free compared to last year as docs were more organized and well presented. So I was surprised on the prompt actions of immigration whereas no one in this forum talks good of them. 

When we cross 40 or 50, we are supposed to be more tolerant, mature, accomodating, visionary, wisdom ........ but yes we read it the other way. 

It doesn't matter what the topic is about, there will be at least 10 pages of whining. 

Immigration sucks

Every bank sucks

Roadworks sucks

The weather sucks

Landlords sucks

Thai people not using helmets sucks

Etc etc

Edited by Max69xl

13 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

Your list is very short but did include Etc,etc.

I don't know if to call them Grumpy Old Men or Whiney weenies. Other others I could add would just get bleeped. Saying something nice probably takes them too much effort.

I don't think you want to listen to them after having a few pints. ????

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Max69xl said:

It doesn't matter what the topic is about, there will be at least 10 pages of whining. 

Immigration sucks

Every bank sucks

Roadworks sucks

The weather sucks

Landlords sucks

Thai people not using helmets sucks

Etc etc

Immigration really does suck .......

Banks are fine, roadworks are irrelevant to us that drive scooters, I like it hot, landlords do what they do worldwide, I don't wear a helmet either, etc., etc.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1