Public warned against growing cannabis without official permission

webfact

Public warned against growing cannabis without official permission

5dc9f522897fdc77661a60a21dc9bd44_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Office of the Narcotics Control Board (ONCB) has warned members of the public that they are not allowed to grow cannabis plants in their homes without official permission, as the law stipulates that the plant can only be grown and prescribed for medical and research purposes.

After Thailand officially legalized the use of cannabis for medical purposes in February this year, authorities have found people illegally growing marijuana plants on 15 occasions in 11 provinces, including in Suphan Buri, Pathum Thani, Nakhon Panom, Chumphon, Nan, Phrae, Nakhon Ratchasima, Surin, Sa Kaeo and most recently in Chiang Mai. A total of 7,537 marijuana plants have been confiscated.

The ONCB Secretary-General, Niyom Termsrisuk, said the government’s legalization of cannabis does not mean that the general public can grow marijuana plants without official permission. Cannabis remains illegal under the law. People or organisations are required to seek permission from the government if they wish to possess, grow, distribute or sell cannabis.

Currently, 11 organizations have been authorized by the Food and Drug Association (FDA) to grow marijuana plants. Patients seeking cannabis based medical treatment are advised to see a doctor, as 26 hospitals nationwide are permitted to provide such treatment.

nnt.jpg
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Luckily I'm a "private" citizen so this law won't apply to me.Good luck on trying to control who gets the money in this re-emerging  market.

I predict a huge black market for THC oil prescriptions .....

• Like 2

Hmm, a few weeks ago I’ve read in the thai newspapers and also here in this forum that it was allowed to every family to grow up 6 marihuana plants for own medical use. If i remember well. The specie or marihuana had to be with a low THC percentage in the plant.
Yes. 6 plants per family. Then thus we did...
And now the come out with that <deleted> of need permit to grow 6 plants...IMG_2738.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

He got the permission: https://news.thaivisa.com/article/33928/authorities-defend-raid-on-foundation-accused-of-producing-marijuana-medicines

If you are a medical practitioner or a research center you can apply for a permit. The 6 plants per household is only talk for now. 

Really ? Is it only a project? I mean the <deleted> of the 6 plants per house ?

As it is said in my Country, - Those who make the law, make also the way to trick it...-

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TITOLAS said:

Really ? Is it only a project? I mean the <deleted> of the 6 plants per house ?

As it is said in my Country, - Those who make the law, make also the way to trick it...-

Judging by the picture of the plant you posted you did not wait for the news that is only about 2-3 weeks old ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, geronimo said:

Word on the street is  that Anutin is buying up all the good green, Hard to find A stuff now

Do you mean he has entered the market and there is an undersupply?Well we better do something about that then.Hang on a sec I'll just get my grow room!Now where's my permit?

Edited by FarFlungFalang