fiancee visa to the uk refused

20 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

There have been a few people who have encountered difficulties over the months, have a look through the dedicated forum, and I'm not reffering to the problem some people have encountered getting appointment at their embassy for an affirmation. I will confess to not reading it regularly.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/forum/164-marriage-and-divorce/

Thanks for the heads-up.

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

Thanks for the heads-up.

Most people I know who have recently married have had problems with the MFA. The English to Thai translations need to be stamped by them. They are very picky with the translations and the English original. Add to that the fact that the British Embassy are the most unhelpful place on earth................Good Luck. When I got married, 13 years ago, I used a translation company to do all of the donkey work for me. At the time it was 8000 baht so quite a bargain as they arranged everything and even took us in a taxi to an amphur office in Bangkok to sign the register. I hear now, probably because they are aware of the difficulties now arising with documents and the MFA, their prices have rocketed to 20000.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Most people I know who have recently married have had problems with the MFA. The English to Thai translations need to be stamped by them. They are very picky with the translations and the English original. Add to that the fact that the British Embassy are the most unhelpful place on earth................Good Luck. When I got married, 13 years ago, I used a translation company to do all of the donkey work for me. At the time it was 8000 baht so quite a bargain as they arranged everything and even took us in a taxi to an amphur office in Bangkok to sign the register. I hear now, probably because they are aware of the difficulties now arising with documents and the MFA, their prices have rocketed to 20000.

Thanks - Looks like I need to be more prepared

On 10/4/2019 at 9:28 AM, kingstonkid said:

Tony M " Your "annualised" income is worked out by taking the lowest monthly salary in the 6 months"

I would suggest that this means you have to wait a year from the lower paying statement before your fiancee resubmits.

DO NOT take any time off that is going to affect your pay.    

I think your suggestion is incorrect. As my earlier post says, I believe that he could have applied under non-salaried employment, or variable income, or even Category B.

To the OP, if you employed a professional agent, and they submitted an application that failed on documents alone (these settlement applications rely mainly on the documents evidencing your income, and your divorce certificate in this case), then they should either be submitting (and paying for) your appeal, or paying for new application as it appears to be their fault, not yours, that the application failed ?

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2019 at 12:17 PM, possum1931 said:

That will be more money unfairly taken from someone going into the British Embassy coffers.

Oh dear! It seems I'm wrong. The British Embassy does not charge about 60 GBP after refusing a request for a few mins or their time. Crooks.

Edited by possum1931
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tony M said:

I think your suggestion is incorrect. As my earlier post says, I believe that he could have applied under non-salaried employment, or variable income, or even Category B.

To the OP, if you employed a professional agent, and they submitted an application that failed on documents alone (these settlement applications rely mainly on the documents evidencing your income, and your divorce certificate in this case), then they should either be submitting (and paying for) your appeal, or paying for new application as it appears to be their fault, not yours, that the application failed ?

100% right 

I’ve taken advice from a top london lawyer and agrees that it’s pointless going for appeal he advices not to fast track a new application so will probably take three months to complete , he wants 5 grand for the privilege of handling the case lol    

16 minutes ago, rod40a said:

Had a chat with the UK lawyer the £5000 includes all spousal visa applications as well after the visa hopefully is granted , thoughts please guys  

My thoughts. You are getting into a bit of a panic if you're considering giving 5 grand to a UK lawyer. Keep calm and listen to blackcab.

This is the best advice you have received so far ...

On 10/5/2019 at 10:15 AM, blackcab said:

@rod40a

<snip>

My advice would be to make a fresh application using an OISC registered agent. The two errors on this application are basic and should have been spotted before submission.

Failing that, is there any chance that you and your ex could patch things up?

Sorry - a joke in very poor taste.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

My thoughts. You are getting into a bit of a panic if you're considering giving 5 grand to a UK lawyer. Keep calm and listen to blackcab.

This is the best advice you have received so far ...

Failing that, is there any chance that you and your ex could patch things up?

Sorry - a joke in very poor taste.

Forgiven lol

Just a little update the lawyer that wants £5000 for the visa application has made a few mistakes the first that savings need to be in place for 12 months wrong it’s 6 months and in his words my pension couldn’t be included with my salary and savings , I’ve since found out they can so he’s out the window lol

4 minutes ago, rod40a said:

Just a little update the lawyer that wants £5000 for the visa application has made a few mistakes the first that savings need to be in place for 12 months wrong it’s 6 months and in his words my pension couldn’t be included with my salary and savings , I’ve since found out they can so he’s out the window lol

You were being overcharged anyway !   

• Thanks 1

You can use a combination of savings and earnings to meet the financial requirement. Only savings more than 16k will be counted and it must be in a bank account at least six months prior to the application.

• Thanks 1

And the visa company is unlikely to do that running around for you. In the end, most of the work is gathering information that you have to do yourself any way. To date I have done two visit visas, a settlement and two FLRs for my wife with no bother. So much of the info is common to all of them and now it's a lot easier as it's all done online.

On 10/9/2019 at 7:54 AM, Elad said:

You can use a combination of savings and earnings to meet the financial requirement. Only savings more than 16k will be counted and it must be in a bank account at least six months prior to the application.

16? I thought it was 25k. By how much does the 18600 a year decrease with 16k in the bank? Thanks.

51 minutes ago, puchooay said:

16? I thought it was 25k. By how much does the 18600 a year decrease with 16k in the bank? Thanks.

It doesn't, I was just pointing out that only savings >16k count towards the financial requirement.

The OP would indeed need 25k savings with a 15k salary.