THAI president adamant national airline has no liquidity crunch

webfact

17 hours ago, lujanit said:

The sensible business thing to do would be to bring in a foreign airline operations expert...

Didn't they try to hire a farang turnaround guy a year or so ago but gave that up under heavy pressure to have a Thai at the top?

8 hours ago, helloagain said:

So do i

I am wondering what the Money Lenders to " Thai " are starting to think.

Maybe they are starting to get a tad jittery now.

After all ! What they are starting to see, is an Organisation managed by Dinosaurs, that is loosing a fortune every day, and refuses to reform and revamp the Business to give it some kind of a chance to go forward.

Of course not. Gov't will back them regardless how much money they lose or whatever liquidity crunching happens. Got to be the softest Executive jobs in the Kingdom, where anything and everything wrong bailed out by taxpayers, every time.

• Thanks 1

Air Canada used to talk of losing millions every quarter until some smart reporter

said, wow you must be millions in dept. The real answer was well it was projected money,

and we did no make what we forecast to so that is our loss. The reporter then asked, so how much real money did you lose, and his reply was oh we made a few hundred million,

but just not as much as we would have liked to.  I never believe what the real financial 

situation is with an airline as the math they use is not 1 plus 1 equals 2.

Geezer

• Like 1

I've flown Thai a few times but only when they have had a special deal on.  At regular prices I give them a miss.  

What would be interesting is if the daily losses could be given as an exact figure how many ordinary Thai's, those on 300 or 400 baht a day, would fall off their chairs in horror if the truth be known. 

It has to be averaging losses of 20.000.000 baht a day....or is it more?

Well, if he admitted to Thai being in a serious situation, he would kind of be responsible. What sort of example would it set to other Gov officials (and appointed officials) if they started accepting responsibility for their, and the system's, failings?