Terminal 21 - A VERY cool looking Pattaya Mall!

WaveHunter

5 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

No two. Based on my own observations since it opened, I agree with balo.

We live nearby and go there often for food.

Well its ridiculous that you and him claim knowledge and real information about the financial future of a mall based on that u seen some visitors inside. In reality u know completely nothing about the financial situation of that place !!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been there once, the food selection is large, not just the food court but I mean all the other restaurants. Want to check out the movie theatre. It will be my go to place for an ouulala day. That's where I go out alone and enjoy some western food, see a movie. Cruise the ZONE, have a few beers and go home. I know, slow down with all that excitement.

All in all T21 is a neat place to hangout.

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

In reality u know completely nothing about the financial situation of that place !!

I admit I have no idea what the businesses in T21 pay in rent.  We all know, roughly, electric and staff salary costs. 

My observations when I go there is, for the majority of shops, there are not enough customers in them to be profitable.  

I understand many of them are chains, and will take a loss on a shop, just to have a presence in T21 / Pattaya, next to their competitors.  That's fine.  I get that.  However, that doesn't mean they are thriving and profitable. 

On 10/12/2019 at 6:42 PM, shdmn said:

Lol.  It's packed with Thai's all the time all over the place.  No, not just the food court.  I already posted pictures but don't let that get in the way of your agenda.  You are probably not even in Thailand given your totally wrong opinion.

I have been in Thailand longer than you have.... your pics are not consider as packed but whatever floats your boat buddy.... I don't have any agenda, just pointing things out. I do know the owners of T21, but you won't believe it anyways ...

8 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Well its ridiculous that you and him claim knowledge and real information about the financial future of a mall based on that u seen some visitors inside. In reality u know completely nothing about the financial situation of that place !!

Good point.  Just like you.  The difference is that we are here and go to the mall and see the people walking around spending money there.  That mall is doing just fine.  But just like other malls, some shops and restaurants are not busy and will likely be replaced by something else eventually.  Just like at Central. Just like at Royal, which, btw is not nearly as busy as the other two malls and yet it still survives after all these years.  Just like Avenue btw.  

What a lot of you don't seem to realize is that carrying costs in Thailand are almost nothing.  They just need to make enough to pay the power bill and that's about it.

But don't let that get in the way of your incessant nonsense predictions about how everything is doomed that you people are almost ALWAYS wrong about year after year, decade after decade.

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

Good point.  Just like you.  The difference is that we are here and go to the mall and see the people walking around spending money there.  That mall is doing just fine.  But just like other malls, some shops and restaurants are not busy and will likely be replaced by something else eventually.  Just like at Central. Just like at Royal, which, btw is not nearly as busy as the other two malls and yet it still survives after all these years.  Just like Avenue btw.  

What a lot of you don't seem to realize is that carrying costs in Thailand are almost nothing.  They just need to make enough to pay the power bill and that's about it.

But don't let that get in the way of your incessant nonsense predictions about how everything is doomed that you people are almost ALWAYS wrong about year after year, decade after decade.

Sadly for you the carrying cost for a mall owner or a shop owner are much higher then their monthly electricity bill.

personally I haven’t seen it busy there with shoppers like in TM21 Bkk so I doubt its profitable at this stage.

Again a nice mall but many orher malls nearby and with the focus on Indian tourists  I foresee dark clouds.

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

What do you think they will be replaced with?

Just like in Central, some chains decides to move out and something else will take over. It could be a fashion store or restaurant, who knows, but any respectable business wants to be inside a big mall like T21. 

23 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is a big thing to give up on..... 

I keep expecting The Avenue or Harbor to give up as they are saddening at many times of day. Just places to get out of the heat and humidity....(not even that at The Avenue), and do the weekly shop for residents. 

The Avenue Mall should be used for bars. A Nana Plaza here in Pattaya. Would be sad to lose this building. 

18 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I had no idea that my starting this thread simply to celebrate the visual "fun" of Terminal 21 would generate 9 pages of Blah-Blah-Blah nonsense.  KInd of sad really ????

True that.  I hope the moderators shut it down like they did all the other Pattaya is doomed threads.  There is nothing of any value being posted here.

10 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Sadly for you the carrying cost for a mall owner or a shop owner are much higher then their monthly electricity bill.

personally I haven’t seen it busy there with shoppers like in TM21 Bkk so I doubt its profitable at this stage.

Again a nice mall but many orher malls nearby and with the focus on Indian tourists  I foresee dark clouds.

I am talking about the building and land owners.  Not the shop owners. The fact you are trying to mix the two like it's the same thing shows how little you actually understand about it.

12 hours ago, shdmn said:

You're joking.  Right?

Electricity is their only expense.  Seriously?

37 minutes ago, shdmn said:

True that.  I hope the moderators shut it down like they did all the other Pattaya is doomed threads.  There is nothing of any value being posted here.

Why do you seek to shut down every thread that is even the slightest bit critical of Pattaya / Thailand, its economy, its governance, its laws etc? 

We all like it here, but the place if far from perfect, with many questioning the decisions made by those in authority or in business here. 

What's wrong with discussing these things?

10 hours ago, balo said:

Just like in Central, some chains decides to move out and something else will take over. It could be a fashion store or restaurant, who knows, but any respectable business wants to be inside a big mall like T21. 

Sure, but shops could also be replaced with facades saying, "New Experience Coming Soon."  ????

3 hours ago, Beggar said:

The Avenue Mall should be used for bars. A Nana Plaza here in Pattaya. Would be sad to lose this building. 

The concept is good, and the building lends itself to a complex of bars, but cutting the Pattaya customer pie into more slices by making more bars would not be a good idea.

Many bars are struggling as it is, and making more bars would see a lot a vacated premises around Central Pattaya.

16 minutes ago, Leaver said:

The concept is good, and the building lends itself to a complex of bars, but cutting the Pattaya customer pie into more slices by making more bars would not be a good idea.

Many bars are struggling as it is, and making more bars would see a lot a vacated premises around Central Pattaya.

Thailand dilutes most business to the point where its barley worth opening. Its a cut and paste system where Buddha provides the business plan and the chosen few make bank.

13 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

Thailand dilutes most business to the point where its barley worth opening. Its a cut and paste system where Buddha provides the business plan and the chosen few make bank.

True, but "dreamers" coming to Pattaya are not as plentiful nowadays, as in the past. 

57 minutes ago, johng said:

????

Those pictures are all of Central.  This thread is about T21.  But don't let that stop you from trying to turn this thread into another "Pattaya is doomed" tired baseless whine session.

58 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Those pictures are all of Central.  This thread is about T21.  But don't let that stop you from trying to turn this thread into another "Pattaya is doomed" tired baseless whine session.

He never said a word.

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

He never said a word.

They say a picture speaks a thousand words ????

Any way T21, I'm pretty sure there  have/will be some shops closed  on Tokyo floor   I saw the "gaming arcade" had gone and a few food outlets ( beer,Indian,Chinese and burger ) nearby that had no customers on the 3 occasions I have been there.

P_20181028_153953.thumb.jpg.21a72fe99eb8890a07f0c6bf05bc944d.jpg

3 hours ago, shdmn said:

I am talking about the building and land owners.

They are mega rich already..its the smaller shop owners  who spent a lot of money  having their stores fitted,buying stock and employing staff..but have very few customers who are struggling to survive.

I hope/ think this shop will do well in Pattaya T21 ????

pink.thumb.jpg.3bc4f50a920d3db805e8dda900855af8.jpg

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

Yes; this Pattaya bashing is too much at times.

As for Terminal 21, I hear Gate G gets quite busy.

departures.jpg.6fea257e4dd2325b4881ac384cb843a2.jpg

5 hours ago, shdmn said:

I am talking about the building and land owners.  Not the shop owners. The fact you are trying to mix the two like it's the same thing shows how little you actually understand about it.

So according to you the monthly carrying costs for a mall owner nearly doesn’t exist??

You really portray yourself as a wise and knowledgeable business minded person here. ????

Archived