Marriage certificate translation

Hi, I am applying for a non-immigration type o 1 year multi-entry visa in Bangkok. The government asks for the translation of my US marriage certificate. I am wondering where I can do translation other than the Dept. of Consular Affairs. Any suggestions? Thank you! 

Where are you applying  for a multiple entry visa at. Immigration does not issue them. Only Thai embassies and consulates can issue them. Or are you incorrectly calling a extension of stay with a multiple re-entry permit a visa.

There are many translation services in Bangkok that can do the translation. But the Consular Affairs Department is the only place where it can be certified.

Immigration and Embassies normally do not require a marriage certificate in English be translated. 

Immigration does require the foreign marriage be registered at an Amphoe and they do require certified translations.

• Like 2

Wireless Rd across from Lumphini Park. Go to Lumphini MRT station past Silom and walk past the Japanese and AustralianEmbassy. You pass a major construction site. There are several. The second one on the corner of the soi is great run by an attractive friendly older lady who may make you regret you are getting married. Then MRT to MFA office at Klong Toei MRT station behind Cafe Amazon in the stationfor verification. Takes 1 to 2 days for certification. Don't go to the translation service at Klong Toei. They will overcharge and not tell the truth

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8304F1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Where are you applying  for a multiple entry visa at. Immigration does not issue them. Only Thai embassies and consulates can issue them. Or are you incorrectly calling a extension of stay with a multiple re-entry permit a visa.
There are many translation services in Bangkok that can do the translation. But the Consular Affairs Department is the only place where it can be certified.
Immigration and Embassies normally do not require a marriage certificate in English be translated. 
Immigration does require the foreign marriage be registered at an Amphoe and they do require certified translations.
Joe I found MFA at Klong Toei MRT station does certification. Saves the taxi ride to Chaeng Wattana and they are very friendly and helpful.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8304F1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks so much for all the tips. I will make an appointment with the US embassy to get notary first, then try to get translation from the shops around the Wireless Rd. Will let you know my experience like. BTW, how much normally a translation charge here? 

1 hour ago, JewelKwok said:

Thanks so much for all the tips. I will make an appointment with the US embassy to get notary first, then try to get translation from the shops around the Wireless Rd. Will let you know my experience like. BTW, how much normally a translation charge here? 

The is a hyperlink for a list of translators here on the embassy website that has other useful info for registering you marriage.

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/getting-married-in-thailand/

Around 500 baht per page is the average charge for translations.

1 hour ago, JewelKwok said:

Regardless of where you obtain your translation from, it is IMHO essential that you take particular care to ensure that the Thai transliteration of your surname exactly matches your wife's as stated in her Thai ID card, tabien bahn and passport (assuming, of course, that she has adopted your surname following your marriage). I came a cropper on this in connection with a yellow book application several years ago, which proved unsuccessful as a result.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, thanks for all the tips and advice. I've received my translation and certificate. It's true that MFA can issue the certificate on the translation. I visited two random translation shops on Wireless street (close to the Japan embassy). For 2 translations (original marriage certificate and affidavit)  + thai certificate, one place asked for B 2,900, and the other place asked for B 2,500. I realized the market is not regulated, so the price can vary quite a lot. Eventually, I chose the cheaper one. FYI. the shop name is TCT, and it's on 139/3, Soi Phrachan, Wireless Road.