Songkran Is Soon Upon Us!

kratindaeng

• 2 weeks later...
:D The Hottest month of Thailand so I would be at the beach for sure 555 Happy Songgran !

Regards

KDG :bah:

Would'nt happen to be a beach in Koh Chang would it KDG? 555!

KD :D

Oh my god! :o

excuse me mr suzuki, but do japanese people celebrate songgran. ? :D

thank you very much and sionara to you. :D

:D The Hottest month of Thailand so I would be at the beach for sure 555 Happy Songgran !

Regards

thank you very much and sionara to you. :D

Only the one's that live in Thailand, and then for most it is only with the same understanding of the concept as most farang.

I will however be in Tokyo buying soiled panties from the vending machines in Kabukicho district.

Regards

thank you very much and sionara to you. :bah:

Only the one's that live in Thailand, and then for most it is only with the same understanding of the concept as most farang.

I will however be in Tokyo buying soiled panties from the vending machines in Kabukicho district.

And what pray tell will you do with soiled panties? :D

Soundman.

Regards

thank you very much and sionara to you. :bah:

And what pray tell will you do with soiled panties? :D

Soundman.

better yet, what are you wearing now?

i will be at the beach.

Songkran! .....It's nearly that time of year again, so where do you all plan to spend Songkran?: In the peace of the countryside or the hustle and bustle of the cities? Enjoy!

Regards

KD :o

In Chiang Mai - our home. We will do the traditional part and then have fun around the moat with some of the TV posters up here.

CB

Up country out in the sticks, travelling 6km to the village to buy ice to put in the 2 x 200 litre water barrels and then around the area ending up in Khampaeng Phet. repeat for as many days as we can.

I am 62, my wife is 41 and this year my son will be 2 and 2/3 and will enjoy for the first time really.

We take it in turns to drive and if last year is anything to go by when Thais see small kids they treat them gently unlike "the farang" who always gets dunked.

I don't know if the family will be coming up from Bangkok this year but I must check out the Songkran Armoury soon.

I have been unlucky enough to have NOT been in Thailand during Songkran over the last 5 years - but I am coming for this one. I'll be spending it in Issan - in my BF's village - with perhaps a side trip to Udon Thani.

BREAKING NEWS

As I write this, the Australian Government has just issued a warning for all Australians in Thailand over the Songkran period. Here's the link, and this is the most relevant piece:

"We advise you to exercise a high degree of caution because of the high threat of terrorist attack. We continue to receive reports that terrorists may be planning attacks against a range of targets, including tourist areas and other places frequented by foreigners."

"Thai authorities have previously warned of the possibility of further coordinated bombings in Thailand to coincide with symbolic dates, including in the Southern provinces. They have mentioned the Buddhist festive season of Songhkran (around the period 12-17 April 2007) as a particular time of concern. We assess these warnings are credible."

I wish everybody a safe holiday.

Peter

Thanks for sharing and the replies, I hope you all have a Great (and safe) Songkran! I'm outta BKK 2moro to hit the Islands, cant wait, stay safe and enjoy the Holidays! Zuki, I havent had a chance to visit Japan yet, but hope you enjoy Tokyo and those 'panties' you mentioned. Have a great time.

Regards

:o KD