AirAsia call centre to go entirely online with chatbot service

webfact

AirAsia call centre to go entirely online with chatbot service

By The Nation

800_db9ec3cce12ff6a.jpg?v=1571720412

Santisuk Klongchaiya

AirAsia and AirAsia X call centre will transfer all of its services to Ava Live Chat from November 1 to provide round-the-clock assistance to passengers via www.AirAsia.com and the company’s mobile application.

Thai AirAsia Chief Executive Officer Santisuk Klongchaiya said statistics in the past few years have found a decrease in the number of passengers contacting the call centre, while most have begun to use the online channel to contact the airline.

“AirAsia aims to develop the service via the online channel to enable passengers to contact us anytime, so we developed a chatbot named ‘Ava’ to provide 24-hour service for customers,” he said.

“Ava, which we launched earlier this year, can speak 11 languages and ‘she’ can resolve many issues highlighted by customers. We will continue to develop Ava to provide solutions for customers quickly and accurately.”

Santisuk said the AirAsia call centre will cease operation and transfer the service to Ava Live Chat from November 1.

“Passengers can chat with Ava via www.AirAsia.com or AirAsia’s mobile application by clicking the ‘support’ tab located at the top of the screen to obtain information such as flight status, edit personal information, procure services such as preordering meals and selecting seats,” he added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30377637

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-22

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Ava, which we launched earlier this year, can speak 11 languages and ‘she’ can resolve many issues highlighted by customers.

" Harrow Ava , what are the vegetarian options please " 

" duck " 

" Sorry " 

" duck " 

" No that's not vegetarianism " 

" Me know that why me say duck " .. 

Had to use it once because of double booking mistake. What a PIA that was. Took a very long time to get through to this bot what the problem was, which would have been handled in a few minutes talking to a real person, even in Thailand!

On 10/22/2019 at 2:44 PM, webfact said:

Thai AirAsia Chief Executive Officer Santisuk Klongchaiya said statistics in the past few years have found a decrease in the number of passengers contacting the call centre,

In my experience, the reason for that probably is that anyone actually calling their Call Center in the past has likely faced a LONGGGGG wait on hold, and was lucky if they eventually got thru to a live person. In other words, prompting a lot of on-hold forever hangups.

The chat bot, they're talking about, presumably is NOT any kind of live person even via chat, and instead is some kind of automated voice response system that can provide basic info in response to common questions.

When I've run into those kinds of systems in the past, invariably, they're little to no help in resolving whatever I was trying to resolve. But a good way of claiming someplace has 24 hour support, when in fact they have pretty much none (at least that is human).

Last time I used AirAsia chat it did a fine job of raising my blood pressure.

First, you wait a lot, both to get an agent and then in between responses. But after you've finally got everything explained and think you're ready to make progress, you're told the 10-minute (or whatever) limit on chatting is up. Goodbye!

Second, the chat agent can't really do much of anything, except chat. AirAsia had cancelled my flight and my booking and I needed to re-book. I think I could have said "Yes" on chat to one particular option, but anything more complicated the chat agent couldn't handle. All this frustration only because AirAsia had cancelled my flight.

Archived