Watch Fox News? You likely think the U.S. economy is great. MSNBC viewers not so much

webfact

5 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Thats because philosophically, the left must see all the sins of mankind as structural to the existing order. That of course justifies the left's ultimate goal of the destruction of the existing order, in order to remake society under new, "moral" principles. Principles that the left defines and imposes, although the left itelf is little more than a Vanguard of power hungry elitists, fellow travelers and useful idiots as opposed to a mass movement.  

Yeah cause trump was elected because they thought he would keep the status quo.

of course they didnt vote for him to drain the swamp, didnt want the existing order destroyed. Trumps obvious goal is to have everyone united. 

On 10/25/2019 at 8:38 AM, worgeordie said:

I sometimes watch Faux News for a laugh, 

they should change the name to the Trump channel.

regards worgeordie

And only a fool would watch CNN or MSNBC. All liberal news, made for losers!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, doggie1955 said:

And only a fool would watch CNN or MSNBC. All liberal news, made for losers!

I only really watch the BBC..for the Brexit,at breakfast.

regards worgeordie        P.S. Is it mandatory that all the lady presenters on faux news must be blonde ?

I only really watch the BBC..for the Brexit,at breakfast.
regards worgeordie        P.S. Is it mandatory that all the lady presenters on faux news must be blonde ?

If you don’t watch it, how do you know they’re blond?

Is it mandatory that all the presenters on the BBC are morons?

(Just kidding)
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, RideJocky said:

While I think the chart is useless, at least people feel better now than a few years ago:

IMG_0084.JPG

Not exactly consistent with your previous reply to Spider Mike:

SpiderMike:

Absolutely correct. The quality of life is dramatically declining for the average American.

One of the most false uneducated comments I have read.  

Edited by bristolboy
  • Sad 1

One of the most false uneducated comments I have read.  

I never said that, quit making things up.

In any event, don’t you think it’s nice that more people think they have a bright future than did just a few years ago?

But for the constant barrage of negativity from the left even more people would be hopeful about their future.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

In any event, don’t you think it’s nice that more people think they have a bright future than did just a few years ago?

But for the constant barrage of negativity from the left even more people would be hopeful about their future.

My mistake. I attributed to you what another poster wrote.

Yes, it's nice.

" But for the constant barrage of negativity from the left even more people would be hopeful about their future."

Because most Americans are clueless about the quality of their own lives and prospects? Condescending much?

My mistake. I attributed to you what another poster wrote.
Yes, it's nice.
" But for the constant barrage of negativity from the left even more people would be hopeful about their future."
Because most Americans are clueless about the quality of their own lives and prospects? Condescending much?

Condescending? You’re projecting again.

No, because I think they have reason to be hopeful of a happy and prosperous future.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

Condescending? You’re projecting again.

No, because I think they have reason to be hopeful of a happy and prosperous future.

And 57% disagree with you about their prospects  but you know that's because they're gullible and not because they look at the evidence of their own lives. How is that not condescending?

• Like 2

And 57% disagree with you about their prospects  but you know that's because they're gullible and not because they look at the evidence of their own lives. How is that not condescending?

Your back to making things up. I never claimed I knew what their prospects were. But again, 5% more people expect to have a bright future than just a few years ago. Are you condescending to them?

Surly you must agree how great everything will be once Trump is impeached and Biden is elected. Free healthcare, guaranteed minimum income, free collage, tuition reimbursement, paid family leave, huge raises for public sector workers, open boarders, voting rights for non-citizens, elimination of the electoral college, repeal of the second amendment, 24 hour drive-thru free abortion clinics, taxes raised for the evil rich, reparations for slavery, greedy corporations broken up, 100% renewable energy the list of great things the left will accomplish is endless.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RideJocky said:

Your back to making things up. I never claimed I knew what their prospects were. But again, 5% more people expect to have a bright future than just a few years ago. Are you condescending to them?

Surly you must agree how great everything will be once Trump is impeached and Biden is elected. Free healthcare, guaranteed minimum income, free collage, tuition reimbursement, paid family leave, huge raises for public sector workers, open boarders, voting rights for non-citizens, elimination of the electoral college, repeal of the second amendment, 24 hour drive-thru free abortion clinics, taxes raised for the evil rich, reparations for slavery, greedy corporations broken up, 100% renewable energy the list of great things the left will accomplish is endless.

If ever there was a sad, silly and obvious attempt at deflection, it's yours here. 

You may never have claimed that they don't know what their prospects are but you did claim this

"But for the constant barrage of negativity from the left even more people would be hopeful about their future."

Because people are so unable to construe the opportunities open to them and to see the quality of their lives, that they depend on the media to tell them? How is that not condescending?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RideJocky said:

If you don’t watch it, how do you know they’re blond?

Is it mandatory that all the presenters on the BBC are morons?

(Just kidding)

I said in my original post ,I watched sometimes for a laugh,as its so biased.

so why are the lady presenters all blonde ?

regards worgeordie 

6 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I said in my original post ,I watched sometimes for a laugh,as its so biased.

so why are the lady presenters all blonde ?

regards worgeordie 

They are not blond, they ar aryan.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RideJocky said:

"Several large studies of mobility in developed countries in recent years have found the US among the lowest in mobility.[3][18] One study (“Do Poor Children Become Poor Adults?")[18][16][25] found that of nine developed countries, the United States and United Kingdom had the lowest intergenerational vertical social mobility with about half of the advantages of having a parent with a high income passed on to the next generation. The four countries with the lowest "intergenerational income elasticity", i.e. the highest social mobility, were Denmark, Norway, Finland, and Canada with less than 20% of advantages of having a high income parent passed on to their children. (see graph)[18

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socioeconomic_mobility_in_the_United_States

Obvious enough... the rich are doing quite well.  The underemployed not so much. Fortunately for the Republicans, there is a huge disconnection between people who think they will get rich and reality.

Trump will likely get re-elected if he isn’t impeached, and that might (sadly) be the right solution if the alternative is Biden, Warren, or Sanders. 

• Like 1

If ever there was a sad, silly and obvious attempt at deflection, it's yours here. 
You may never have claimed that they don't know what their prospects are but you did claim this
"But for the constant barrage of negativity from the left even more people would be hopeful about their future."
Because people are so unable to construe the opportunities open to them and to see the quality of their lives, that they depend on the media to tell them? How is that not condescending?

You brought it up now you accuse me of deflecting, typical.

I believe people don’t live in a vacuum and what they see and hear has an impact on what they believe. In my opinion, it would be condescending to believe otherwise.

You disagree, whatever.

Either way, again it’s nice that the link provided shows that ~13% more people feed good about the economic future than just a few years ago.

Don’t you think that’s great?
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

I believe people don’t live in a vacuum and what they see and hear has an impact on what they believe. In my opinion, it would be condescending to believe otherwise.

You disagree, whatever.

Either way, again it’s nice that the link provided shows that ~13% more people feed good about the economic future than just a few years ago.

I do think it's great. And don't you think it's great that US citizens who thought they would be worse off started going down in 2016? (No USA figures for "going up" available for that year).

33 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

You disagree, whatever.

And as for social mobility...

"If Americans want to live the American dream, they should go to Denmark."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socioeconomic_mobility_in_the_United_States#cite_note-27

How much money has Trump borrowed from the Chinese to give the rich their trillion dollar tax cut and pump up the economy?  Oh, wait, deficits don't matter when a republican is in office.  

Edited by ricklev

20 hours ago, RideJocky said:

What does the average American not have now that they had 10-20 years ago?

Fulfillment. Contentment. Quality of life. Friendly neighbors. Fellow Americans that are not petrified of each other. Decent leadership. Inflation that is within reason. A visit to the movie theatre, that is under $50 for two people with snacks. Respect. Dignity. Affordable housing. A future that holds some promise. Police departments in small towns without SWAT teams. A federal government that is not taping every conversation on their cell phone, intercepting every text message, and monitoring all social media activity. The Patriot act. Useless wars that are stealing thousands of lives, and costing trillions of dollars. A president who actually balanced the budget (Clinton). Shall I go on?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Thats because philosophically, the left must see all the sins of mankind as structural to the existing order. That of course justifies the left's ultimate goal of the destruction of the existing order, in order to remake society under new, "moral" principles. Principles that the left defines and imposes, although the left itelf is little more than a Vanguard of power hungry elitists, fellow travelers and useful idiots as opposed to a mass movement.  

Useful idiots. About as inane a generalization as Clinton made when she labeled all conservatives as deplorables. Division is the working tool of Don Donald. Power hungry elitists. Cute. What is not power hungry and elitist about Trump? Can you offer a literate answer to that one?

13 hours ago, RideJocky said:

Free collage is fun. We can go back the glory days of Picasso, Duchamp, Schwitters, Cornell, and all of the great collage artists of the early 1900's. And open boarders too. I guess that means free room and board for all Americans? And drive thru abortion clinics. Nice. Get your free Arby's sandwich and a Root beer with your abortion. What a concept. 

20 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Useful idiots. About as inane a generalization as Clinton made when she labeled all conservatives as deplorables. Division is the working tool of Don Donald. Power hungry elitists. Cute. What is not power hungry and elitist about Trump? Can you offer a literate answer to that one?

I'm in case you didn't realize, my comment was about the left as a movement in terms 9f historical manifestations that are still extant to the present day.. Thus useful idiots is a term of art. Look up for example, Duranty, Walter. Or even Bertrand Russell. And before I give you a literate answer, you do know about the leninist concepts of the vanguard as well as the evolution of the nomenklatura?

• Haha 2