Watch Fox News? You likely think the U.S. economy is great. MSNBC viewers not so much

webfact

14 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I'm in case you didn't realize, my comment was about the left as a movement in terms 9f historical manifestations that are still extant to the present day.. Thus useful idiots is a term of art. Look up for example, Duranty, Walter. Or even Bertrand Russell. And before I give you a literate answer, you do know about the leninist concepts of the vanguard as well as the evolution of the nomenklatura?

Once again trying to impress with irrelevant data. Who cares who coined the phrase? It's just name-calling with a pedigree. It has 0 evidentiary value.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

how about a federal government where an administration doesn't use intelligence services for political purposes, how about a federal government where the internal revenue service is not weaponized for political purposes, how about a federal government where unelected bureaucrats don't make the law, how about political parties that accept an election loss.

How about you stop repeating right wing lies?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

WORGEORDIE if you are watching CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, or ABC you are in effect watching the propaganda arms for the Democrats.  No question that Fox is slanted towards the conservative side but the other media are blatantly biased. A recent disclosure by an NBC staffer had video and audio tapes had NBC president Jeffrey Zucker directing the network to chorus anti trump news.  One way or another I fact check what is broadcast and the Department of Labor statistics on the economy show it is the best in 50 years.  Not a sound bite you hear on any network other than Fox.  

BOL.JPG

It's clear where you get your info from. That thing about Zucker is a right wing lie based on Zucker's news instructions for the day. They represented as being a general order.

As for the economy being the best it has been in 50 years...best for whom? Better than 40 years ago when people didn't have to get massively into debt to get a college education? Back when fixed benefit pension plans were the rule? Back when the American dream was powered by a high degree of social mobility? Someone remarked something to the effect that To live the American Dream now, you'd have to Denmark. The one thing that has improved is that insurers can't kick you off their plans because of pre-existing conditions. And that's one thing Trump and the Republicans aim to undo despite their protestations to the contrary. He's already undermined ACA somewhat by allowing highly defective insurance plans to be offered.

Here's why the economy feels so bad when it sounds so good

This is because neither the stock market nor employment data captures what's ailing most American families: rising costs for critical, necessary items. Meanwhile, despite wages eking up a little bit since the financial crisis, adjusted for inflation, Americans haven't gotten a significant raise since 1999.

This is why Americans are drowning in debt: We have $1.6 trillion in student debt; $1.4 trillion in auto-loan debt, now held by 35% of Americans, up from 20% in 1999; and a record $13.3 trillion in consumer debt as of the end of 2018.

https://www.businessinsider.com/unemployment-stock-market-whats-wrong-with-us-economy-2019-8

• Thanks 1

Click bait folks. Internet revenue depends on bad news, desperate stories. Do you think a "feel good" positive article will generate revenue? I feel sad for the abuse Trump has had to endure. Other presidents were prior to this internet revolution. It is trash media all the way.

• Like 2

He guys! These Corporations like Google and Facebook and Corporations in general are all run by the elite who don't care about you of your family. All Corporations are scams a evil on there face. Even all Attorneys are part of the Crown Corporation and they all work for the state only. Never in your interest even if you pay them. The whole damn world is being played.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Government cannot offer fulfillment, contentment nor quality of life. That is up to you. My honest and sincere suggestion would be to quit looking to politicians and government for help with such things.

I agree totally with you. Example that there are two Americas in the United States. One is the Corporate America then there the American Nationals who are under God. But the Corporate America operates as a fictional component. Not even really existing according to its own laws.

8 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Government cannot offer fulfillment, contentment nor quality of life. That is up to you. My honest and sincere suggestion would be to quit looking to politicians and government for help with such things.

Government is only one part of the equation. Unless you are quite wealthy, the quality of life in the US has diminished significantly. On so many levels. Thrilled to be gone, though I spend alot of time there for work. 

• Haha 1

At the end of the day, people forget how few viewers any of these cable 'news' networks actually get.

I use 'news' because they are essentially entertainment, very little to do with factual objective news, mostly punditry.

Prime time 'news', Fox gets 2.4 million, MSNBC 1.5 million.

So out of a population of 320 million, I wouldn't worry about the fox viewers of this world!

https://deadline.com/2019/10/fox-news-cable-news-network-ratings-1202749534/

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

We have a dead "austere scholar" and the S&P at all time highs and the DJIA is very close. If you listen to left leaning news all the time you would think that everybody in America is living in abject poverty. If you live in the USA, life is as good as it has ever been. 

If you are the type that think corporations are all evil and stock holders are all greedy rich people you probably think things are in a bad state. People that live their lives driven by their own bizarre, masochistic, negativity tend to not do so well. 

Yep - if you are a hammer, then everything looks like a nail. 

Fox News is happy that Trump is POTUS and sees everything as good and believes it is all due to Trump.

MSNBC/CNN etc are angry that Trump is POTUS and sees everything as bad and believes that it is all Trump's fault.

Politics aside, I have always believed that if you have a positive outlook on life, then life is (mainly) positive and even if something bad happens, there is always a 'silver lining' - and it is just a fact of life that sh*** happens.  I just wish many of the TDS sufferers would just calm down and let it go - and 'come back' in 2020 - and 2024.

Edited by AussieBob18
  • Sad 1

On 10/25/2019 at 2:38 PM, worgeordie said:

I sometimes watch Faux News for a laugh, 

they should change the name to the Trump channel.

regards worgeordie

Sometimes being the critical word. I watched it a lot and Trump rarely featured. They did show his rallies etc, but so did all the other channels, as they all had cameras at Trump rallies.

Given the apparent amount of time Trump featured on the other channels as they attacked him constantly, they might have spent more time on him than Fox.

What Fox is though, is conservative, and presents opinion that favours conservatism.

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2019 at 3:02 PM, Tug said:

I watch trump tv(oops)Fox News for comic relief imo it’s the definition of fake news I prefer pbs bbc cnn for news as far as the economy I think it’s on shakey  ground mfd is way down running up the debt during (good) economic times doesent seem right imo I think trump is doing what he always has done live on borrowed money then not pay up 

Why do you pretend Fox OPINION is news? Most of it is opinion, but the news is just news, of interest only to Americans. I watched it for the opinion shows, but no one on Fox pretends they are news.

Massive blow out on job numbers today. Nasdaq and S&P at all time highs. The Dow is very close. Savings are up, consumer confidence is up. It's going to be a massive holiday season. Yes, if you stop watching  people that think the world will end in 10 years exclusively life is very good indeed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

Massive blow out on job numbers today. Nasdaq and S&P at all time highs. The Dow is very close. Savings are up, consumer confidence is up. It's going to be a massive holiday season. Yes, if you stop watching  people that think the world will end in 10 years exclusively life is very good indeed.

And for the small minority of Americans who depend on the stock market, that's wonderful. Remember how Trump and his economists were promising 4 percent and even greater growth in GDP? How much did the economy grow in the most recent quarter? Or over the last 4 quarters

Remember how the tax cuts were going to increase business investment? How did that work out? Apart from inflating dividends and stock prices...

And finally, remember how manufacturing was going to thrive under the new dispensation? What's the news on that front?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bristolboy said:

the small minority of Americans who depend on the stock market

I'd venture to say all Americans and economies beyond the US are doing well when the stock market is performing.

9 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Apart from inflating dividends and stock prices...

This is known as growth, inflation is something else.    

Edited by Catoholic

• 2 weeks later...

The Emperor's New Clothes?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/14/media/impeachment-hearing-fox-news-reliable-sources/index.html

Nobody wants to tell the boss what he doesn't want to hear.

"I'm doing great!  Everyone is saying..."

One thing newspeople HATE is mentioning other networks, as well as saying the names of the newspeople there, which is why I take interest in articles like this.