Tourist numbers well on track statistics show

webfact

4 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

Just for information, Thailand currently ranks number 9 in terms of international tourists:

The World's Most Visited Countries
  • United States - 80 million visitors.
  • China - 63 million visitors. ...
  • Italy - 62 million visitors. ...
  • Turkey - 46 million visitors. ...
  • Mexico - 41 million visitors. ...
  • Germany - 39 million visitors. ...
  • Thailand - 38 million visitors. ...
  • United Kingdom - 36 million visitors. ..

(From Wikipedia)

It would be interesting to know Dollars spent per tourist.

Including long-term tourists which Thailand is trying to eliminate.

24 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Everyday. 18 bus the best day so far. Always 6+

Average 10.

she give job to 14 thai people. 

They pay same price everyone.

Up to you imagine. 

I repeat one time for you. 

500+ chinese

8 Russians.

nobody more.

if she rely on the euro, she will have no business.

worker have no job. 

chinese enjoy tour. Euro not so much, lay on the beach.

my friend successful. She like chinese customer, they not complain everything. 

Soon Yinn will do same, different place. Plan with orbortor now.

Ok shes busy good for her

But what does your friend have to "pay" to Chinese tour group bosses to get this business .

100% its NOT free!!

Please remember Others can also do the same  then the "Money buses " park at another restaurant

• Like 2

Thai tourism has gone up 3.5% compared to the world average of 5.5% so, comparatively, tourism in Thailand is growing at just over half the rate of the other top 10 countries.

So either the other countries are doing something right or Thailand is doing something wrong (e.g. growing less than its potential).

I always wonder how Thailand benchmarks its tourist growth. It seems to just compare its own figures month by month or year by year. International best practice might see itself benchmarking its tourist growth against similar tourist-orientated countries.

Edited by Stevemercer
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, poohy said:

Ok shes busy good for her

But what does your friend have to "pay" to Chinese tour group bosses to get this business .

100% its NOT free!!

20%. Customer pay 500. My friend get 400.

30 minutes ago, poohy said:

Please remember Others can also do the same  then the "Money buses " park at another restaurant

Is not restaurant.

Is tour attraction. 

I have no reason to doubt the arrval numbers as they have tangible data to produce these figures. But which arrivals are counted as tourists?

I'm amazed to see an increase in Brits, but how many of these Brits and Europeans are enterd on the system multiple times as border runners and, increasingly, those that spend a couple of days in Thailand then returning for their flights home? Two arrivals for the price of one!

And the figures would indicate that most Malaysians and Laotians are extremely short stayers, weekenders at best, jusdging by the low amounts spent per head. Those figures also show that Europeans spend much more per head than the Chinese, though of course they stay longer. It would appear that Middle Easterners spend more than others, so we should expect a targeted marketing campaign there by the TAT.

Second best spenders per head? Us British!
You'd surely need a multi-entry visa to return for your flight home if you were travelling in the region and started in Thailand, to return for your flight? Granted some people would do this but it would be a very small minority!
If border runners are counted, it's got to be valid to include them in the count again as they contribute to the economy multiple times.
Governments around the globe use similar generalisations to provide ESTIMATES for economic and infrastructure requirements.
Theres going to be variances in all these figures as you can't account for all sub, sub, sub groups who wouldn't affect the overall projection significantly.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

42 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

and you want us to believe 18 bus a day, 500 + Chinese a day.... 555 and the pope is Catholic, I am being polite here, please,  get real and don't play us for stupid unless you work for TAT

8 million Chinese come to Thailand. 

They like to tour, love it. They tour all day. 

You not see it at your empty bar. I understand that. 

I not care.

I happy have bet is true. But think you have no money to pay. I will pay for your air ticket.

Pope is catholic? And???? 

Play at you for stupid? Hmmmm. Lazy to answer you again. 

• Confused 3

I am surprised by these numbers. There appear to be about 8 million visitors from non-mentioned countries. And they're apparently "low spenders" (THB40k each, compared with THB50k per Chinese visitor and THB42 per Indian). Where are they coming from? But it seems like the high spenders (Europeans, Arabs - averaging THB70k pp) are dropping away by 2% this year.

2 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

The immigration data is correct in terms of head count only , converting the numbers wholesale and pretending they relate to true tourist figures is plain dishonesty.

Which way would you suggest that the correct numbers (which are not "dishonest") are interpreted, then?  Do you want to be subjected to an interview from TAT staff for every visitor to the country every time they pass through Immigration, including yourself?  

• Sad 1